Killing Machine issues

100 Human Death Knight
Does anyone else get really unlucky with Killing Machine procs? Its always when I'm casting Frost Strike (when I need to use it on Obliterate), which then consumes it. I feel like its holding back my dps.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or have any tips to counter it?

Thanks
-Your favorite std
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Not really seeing it as holding me back. The more crits regardless of it's FS or Obliterate is one more crit improving my dps. Call me crazy but a Crit is a Crit no matter how you get it.
Edited by Tor on 12/13/2012 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Tor
Not really seeing it as holding me back. The more crits regardless of it's FS or Obliterate is one more crit improving my dps. Call me crazy but a Crit is a Crit no matter how you get it.

Because obviously 200-300k obliterates aren't that much different than 40k-70k frost strikes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
12/13/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Wolvand

Because obviously 200-300k obliterates aren't that much different than 40k-70k frost strikes.

This is what I'm driving at. Maybe I just have to time it better with auto attacks?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Get a Swing timer if its that much of a concern :P

I agree with Tor if you wait Too long on a KM proc for Oblit to come up,( because ur that fussy that every single Km has to be OB). it would be a DPs loss.

BUT tbh Id be more worried bout the 2% exp 5% hit :( first and foremost they are a Bigger DPS loss than using a KM on FS
Edited by Ordeál on 12/13/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I have a swing time, still doesn't help. I'll be a little more lenient about the procs I guess, but thats not what I was asking about. Neither was the gear suggestion, but oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I can tell you try specing into blood tap and try to always have 5 blood taps ready at all times so just in case KM procs u can sacrifice your blood tap instead of waiting for the runes to be ready.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Rather than spamming your frost strike button when you dump, wait about a second in between hitting it.

If you can get the first swing lined up it's even more effective, but you'll notice significantly fewer wasted if you space out your FS regardless.
Edited by Lailala on 12/13/2012 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Does anyone else get really unlucky with Killing Machine procs? Its always when I'm casting Frost Strike (when I need to use it on Obliterate), which then consumes it. I feel like its holding back my dps.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or have any tips to counter it?

Thanks
-Your favorite std

K in answer to the first part of your question NO not having issues with it :P,

In answer to the last part of your question "any tips to counter it" Swing timer was my suggestion.

BUt the gearing part Is of more importance IMO as you stated you dont want to be wasting KM on FS because of the 200-300k OBlit compared to 40-50k FS which another poster pointed out...... All of this....,( waves hands around you),....inc the worry bout KM and any issue you are having with it is trully second priorty to the Hit/Exp... In the nicest way "forget bout it" lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Wolvand
I can tell you try specing into blood tap and try to always have 5 blood taps ready at all times so just in case KM procs u can sacrifice your blood tap instead of waiting for the runes to be ready.

BT is Better for Dw maybe Op should try Dw it might suit him better :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not affecting your DPS as much as you think it is. You can try to pay better attention to it and possibly get a swing timer, but there's a good chance that will cost you more overall dps due to capping runes for longer, etc.

Obviously if you played 100% perfectly, you could improve, but as a human just keep doing what you're doing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
A few things that comes more into play with 2 handed than DW Frost is also being careful to not waste RP gains. So Frost Striking between 90 and 100 RP so your obliterates don't waste RP for future rune regens. Over obsessing with Obliterates at the cost of frost striking at all can cost you future globals due to wasted RP generation on top of risk of reseting a KM proc you didn't spend since your last dry swing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Since I just got this bad !@# 2H weapon I'll stick with it, and get hit/exp capped once I have time. I'm going to try the "not give a $%^-" and see how that works out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
12/13/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Hèrpes
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Since I just got this bad !@# 2H weapon I'll stick with it, and get hit/exp capped once I have time. I'm going to try the "not give a $%^-" and see how that works out.

NOt so much not give a $hit more dont fret so much, A autocrit Fs/Ob is better than NO crit :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Get a swing timer.
Do your normal rotation, stop oblitting on-top of swings.

Problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Get a swing timer.
Do your normal rotation, stop oblitting on-top of swings.

Problem solved.

^

You gotta get in a rhythm ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Killing Machine has always been a clunky mechanic, as has Frost DPS rotations in general. For 2h Frost, you're way too dependent on Obliterate crits. And yes, I do often find Frost Strike stealing my KM procs. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever be fixed. Blizzard hates DKs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
And just in case you missed it op.....

Being that far below hit and exp cap is hurting your dps far worse than KM on a FS.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
And just in case you missed it op.....

Being that far below hit and exp cap is hurting your dps far worse than KM on a FS.

He's in blood gear...I assume that's not his dps set.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
My admittedly limited experience is that you just have to take what it gives you. If you hold back waiting for Obliterate all the time, you loose more than you gain.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]