Blizzard User Interface

There are some aspects of the game that can only be completed successfully with addons, such as keep track of major enemy cooldowns or pvp trinkets in arena. The thing is lately a great quantity of addons are being blocked because they're trying to access things that they shouldn't, and blizzard ui is blocking actions like changing talents. In the other hand, blizzard ui is poorly developed and has been pretty static for quite a while, as a user I feel like the develop of the blizzard ui has been left aside because there are so many people developing addons and it's just not normal having to install an addon to track cds, an addon to read mail and stuff like that, I mean, you can do all this without addons by running scripts in game that take a lot of customization and time, and game experience is not that cool anymore.

Loss of Control option was a poorly implemented change, unexpected and hotfixed because it couldn't even be completly disabled, I mean really?

My question here is, can we see some major change in blizzard user interface in the future?
At least give us the option to not to rely in some guys addon thats gonna be updated you know when.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
12/13/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Xsv
blizzard ui is blocking actions like changing talents

actually the blizzard UI isn't blocking that, however it does cause that as it's leaking globals and interferes with addons
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Is there any work-around to get the add-on's working again?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/14/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Bõb
blizzard ui is blocking actions like changing talents

actually the blizzard UI isn't blocking that, however it does cause that as it's leaking globals and interferes with addons

That was fixed back in 5.0.5. The talent UI doesn't have any leaked globals anymore. It's likely another addon that's tainting the talent frames in some way, not something that's Blizzards fault.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
12/14/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Shadow

That was fixed back in 5.0.5. The talent UI doesn't have any leaked globals anymore. It's likely another addon that's tainting the talent frames in some way, not something that's Blizzards fault.

oh wasn't aware they fixed something for the sake of addons 0.0
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
12/14/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Bõb
oh wasn't aware they fixed something for the sake of addons 0.0

Well, it was impacting their own stuff too. :) But the UI team at Blizzard likes to fix bugs whenever they get a chance.
Reply Quote
83 Gnome Mage
12/13/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Xsv
My question here is, can we see some major change in blizzard user interface in the future?

1. Yes, we can.
2. No, we won't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]