Rocket Fuel leak

90 Dwarf Paladin
Who at Blizz though this was a "fun" idea?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
It isn't meant to be a fun idea. It is meant to nerf the boots so that you will not rely on them in battlegrounds or for raiding strategies.

Personally, I think the failure rate should be reduced if not removed when solo or out of combat. Consider that 1v1 balance has never been considered in this game, and when you are out of combat, you have time to futz with the dials before triggering the boost.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Do alchemists get free, unlimited usage invisibility pots? Do miners get waterwalking?

Your glove tinker has a 100% success rate. Other stuff is a bonus that's potentially insanely powerful, and all the belt tinkers have a chance to mangle you in amusing ways. You KNOW what you're signing up for when you use those things, if you can't laugh at a malfunction you're too uptight.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
FFS do Alchemist get poisoned randomly when they drink a pot?

Pretty sure they do...on one item. But it has been awhile. I know Potions of Focus supposedly take 10 seconds to use.

12/14/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Screwup
do miners "miss" the anvil and hit themselves in the head killing themselves?

No. But mining in combat doesn't provide you with any advantages in combat, and is typically interuptted when you are attacked. I think all of the crafting professions work that way.

12/14/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Screwup
Do skinners gut themselves?

Once again, typically not skinning mobs in combat, and most skinners are smart enough to "stop" skinning in combat before they gut themselves. Engineers on the other hand, tend to be a little reckless with nitrous...just look at street racers, they always seem to blow up their engines in movies.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
ok
Phantom realizes that nitro boosts are very potent (and honestly was always pretty PO'd at engineers back when Phantom couldn't afford engineering), but they do NOT need to do 80% of your health.

That is too much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I stopped using the nitro boots and just use the frag grenade now. not sure what the malfunction is on that though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Its fine people need to stop whining about this, glove tinkers never fail belt ones are awesome/fun/op/potentially dangerous yet 100% optional. People need to stop comparing engineering secondary and tertiary perks with other professions primary benefits.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Phantom realizes that nitro boosts are very potent (and honestly was always pretty PO'd at engineers back when Phantom couldn't afford engineering), but they do NOT need to do 80% of your health.

The point is my illeistic elf is that it has to do a crapton of damage to discourage progression raiders from using it in raids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/16/2012 03:12 AMPosted by Greer

The point is my illeistic elf is that it has to do a crapton of damage to discourage progression raiders from using it in raids.

As a DK if I have anti-magic shell available, I can use it to absorb much of the damage and instantly max my runic power :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/16/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Pryce
As a DK if I have anti-magic shell available, I can use it to absorb much of the damage and instantly max my runic power :)

does it? I have engineering on my dk as well, but never use the boost in fights because of the insane damage it might do to me. If the shell absorbs it, that'll actually help me if it backfires. lol, I'll start giving it a shot, ty!
Edited by Urmomsaidwow on 12/16/2012 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/16/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Urmomsaidwow

does it? I have engineering on my dk as well, but never use the boost in fights because of the insane damage it might do to me. If the shell absorbs it, that'll actually help me if it backfires. lol, I'll start giving it a shot, ty!

Definitely does! You'll restore 25 runic power per tick. Can't absorb all of the damage though... it IS a pretty strong DoT 8(
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 06:58 AMPosted by Jozie
It isn't meant to be a fun idea. It is meant to nerf the boots

I figured nerfing the "boots" by putting them on my belt was enough of a nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
12/16/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Pryce

Grats on finding a way to use the boost in raid. Keep in mind however, that you are trading the use of your AMS for the speed boost. You still cannot reliably use the boost, and you loose out on a damage cooldown later on.

So even with your work-around, the deterent is still working as intended, rather then giving you an unbalanced advantage over non-engineers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/16/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Ackbahr
It isn't meant to be a fun idea. It is meant to nerf the boots

I figured nerfing the "boots" by putting them on my belt was enough of a nerf.

really nothing to nerf rocket boots specifically just engineering in general so you couldn't have rocket boots + shield on belt or w/e else there was.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/13/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Fiddlesnarf
Who at Blizz though this was a "fun" idea?

Yep it's one of the reasons I dropped engineering for alchemy. A profession that kills you yep fun fun fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/17/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Zachfu
really nothing to nerf rocket boots specifically just engineering in general so you couldn't have rocket boots + shield on belt or w/e else there was.
I thought when it was on boots it could not be used along with an enchant. Been a long time and can't remember though. Regardless, engineering is better than ever.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Got to agree, the only profession which kills itself from using it's stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Addon related question, is there a really lightweight addon out there designed to put a big graphic on your screen when you get a leak.

I could use WeakAuras, yeah, but just something small would be nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]