latency on the oceanic servers?

1 Undead Warlock
I'm moving to Japan and wondering what it's like to play on Frostmourne when the server's data center is actually located in the United States.

I'm thinking it probably makes more sense to play in this time zone while I'm living in Japan
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well, depending on your internet, you can usually get around 200-250ms. But that is the lowest.

Nothing like the 15-50ms you would get in the USA.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
What Concordia said, probably around the 200 mark. Maybe about 150~ in Japan as it is a little closer, I can get as low as 170 on good nights here; it usually sits around 180-200 though.

I believe qconnect is/was in Japan due to military? (not 100%) he could probably give you an accurate answer. However I haven't seen him post on the forums in quite a while :/.
Edited by Crab on 12/15/2012 9:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I was in Okinawa for a few years, my latency was usually around 250-300. Lowest I'd ever see was about 150.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warlock
Wow you guys always play around 200 latency? Doesnt that interfere with trying to do pvp and stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
12/15/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Kivik
Wow you guys always play around 200 latency? Doesnt that interfere with trying to do pvp and stuff?

Absolutely.
Reply Quote
88 Human Hunter
depends on your isp too, got ~95ish in Seoul
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

100% correct - but we suffer it and move on!!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
To an extent, yes. It is very easily playable, and you get used to it and adapt to the delay you get. But at high levels of play such as top end raiding and high rating pvp we are at a pretty big disadvantage to Americans on sub 50 ping.
Edited by Crab on 12/15/2012 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
ahh the things I could do with 50 or less ms /dream
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Dying to a annihalate when your body is clearly under the rest of the raid and not in the graphic, oh to be Australian...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
if you strafe left and right at the same time you won't move at all
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm moving to Japan and wondering what it's like to play on Frostmourne when the server's data center is actually located in the United States.

I'm thinking it probably makes more sense to play in this time zone while I'm living in Japan

Oceanic servers are all in on the west coast of the US so you can get some idea how of how it will play compared to other us servers from that.

As a whole we pretty much have to just play better than americans do to achieve the same level of success, it's something most of us have come to terms with at this point :\
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i play on 220 ping in melbourne (aus) and versing US players in arena, i lose a gcd ( global cooldown) every 5 globals versing the us player with sub 30 ping. its a pain
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
i play on 220 ping in melbourne (aus) and versing US players in arena, i lose a gcd ( global cooldown) every 5 globals versing the us player with sub 30 ping. its a pain

You know it doesn't actually work like that right? Spells just get queue'd .2 seconds in advance. They only disadvantage to having higher ping is interrupts and pissing around with LoS issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
i lose a gcd ( global cooldown) every 5 globals versing the us player with sub 30 ping. its a pain

I don't even...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]