no buffs for shadow 5.2

18 Pandaren Mage
Clearly the people who say, "Oh Shadow Priests just need to L2P" are NOT high-end raiding (heroic raiding, basically). They are competing with people who are not on par with their skill set but when it comes to being in a heroic raiding group of 25, and everyone is mostly skill balanced, it comes to show the classes are not.

Shadow Priests were in competition with Mages and Warlocks back in the end of Wrath, and it was great but the people behind balancing classes at Blizzard are, from what I assume, overlooking PvE Shadow Priests and focusing solely on PvE healing Priests. I can't recall any REAL buff we got since this expansion whilst other classes are constantly getting fixed.

People are always saying how just because we CAN heal, we shouldn't be competitive DPS with pure-DPS classes. But no, sometimes we just don't need heal just like some Ret Paladins don't go Holy, ever. And people love to bring up PvP aspects when we're discussing ways to boost our PvE damage.

Shadow Priests are the least QQ I've seen, and they're always asking for help on DPS because they think they're wrong, but no, it's our spec that is wrong right now. Would I ever use Psyfiend, or Void Shift with my pet, or CC break Disperse during raiding? I HIGHLY doubt it.

And, our set bonus is baloney.

Sadly he is entering heroic raiding. He thinks it's ok he's doing 14.2% less damage than his fellow raiders. Look at his logs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

So much wrong in this post I don't know where to start.

First, you don't have to tab target Pain. Make a mouseover macro. All I do is put my cursor over a nameplate and hit the hotkey with that macro. It applies pain (and touch the same way) without switching targets. If you have tidyplates or something similiar you can see the dots ticking on your dot targets. Very easy way to multidot.

Second: unless you are in that very (very very) narrow window where sacrificing int for haste is worthwhile, Int is always your best stat. Sim your character lol. Int is worth much more to me than haste. It's not even comparable.

Third: there is plenty of gear that is itemized great for us. If you get some unlucky drops, well, it happens, but this tier is loaded with plenty of haste pieces.

Last, if I was 40K+ behind anybody in a raid in the same gear I would delete my toon. That is not a shadowpriest needs a buff problem, that is learning how to play your toon issue.

We are not perfect, and could use some things. But we are not broken. Show me a log where you played well and were 40K dps behind every other class. That is just ridiculous.

And our set bonuses suck. That's one of the reasons there is a disparity. Compare our set bonuses to the lock tier. They get a huge increase in damage versus us. But that happens.

There is so much wrong with THIS post and I'll start right here. #1 There is no difference between tabbing, hovering or pointing and clicking. We lose dps every time we stop dpsing to dot with an underpowered spell. You're a fool if you think your macro changes the dynamic.

#2 Taking the sim route will leave you playing Naxx for the rest of your MOP gaming experience. Rather than using outdated tools perhaps you should do some real calculations based on your current toons' stats. If you did you would see haste is a sPriests #1 stat and it far outweighs intel and crit. Don't come at me with a cookie cutter response until you show me you have done this.

#3 If you think the sPriest current state of gear drops is balanced I refer you back to point #2. Learn how to do some math and stop depending on tools created for WoLK.

#4 When you start telling people to delete their toon because you feel self empowerment by being a mediocre player who settles for the best of the worst it says nothing more than your attitude sucks and you have no clue how to play your priest.

Using a mouseover macro is more streamlined and faster than tab targeting..this is just common sense.

Simming is a tool, and a useful one. I'd be more interested in how you determined haste is always stronger than INT when the entire theorycrafting community says otherwise.

We have twice as many drops as all other cloth casters lol. If anyone has room to complain about itemization it is locks and mages.

I didn't tell you to delete your priest, which you aren't posting on btw. I said I would delete MINE if I was sucking to the point I was holding my raid back.

I'm not going to respond to your personal attacks because they are off topic and insulting. You can clearly see from my armory that I am totally only clearing wrath content lol. We clear all normal modes easily and would be clearing heroics as well if we could keep real life at bay, which is more important to me than raiding.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I'll go have fun playing my priest while you continue to nerdrage over yours.
Edited by Syn on 12/23/2012 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
18 Pandaren Mage

I'm not going to argue with you anymore. I'll go have fun playing my priest while you continue to nerdrage over yours.

Just admit you are a bad player. Of all the things you have posted it would be the most intelligent thing you could write.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Just admit you are a bad player. Of all the things you have posted it would be the most intelligent thing you could write.

Given your obvious lack of reading comprehension I'm not surprised you think that, nor could I care. Hiding on your low level mage tossing insults amuses me. I'm not going to be drawn into your obvious attempt at baiting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I like how 1/16 H makes people think they have the right to talk down to others.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've done #1 DPS in LFR a few times, AMA.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have been having more fun playing this character than any other in the last 4 /5 years. Shadow is great and you can put out a lot of damage. I do agree that the single target spells aren't at their best but there isn't a perfect unstoppable class out there. Win some lose some. Shadow pve is not bad it's awesome just play it for a decent period of time and you'll get it down.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/23/2012 04:14 PMPosted by Kadren
I have been having more fun playing this character than any other in the last 4 /5 years. Shadow is great and you can put out a lot of damage. I do agree that the single target spells aren't at their best but there isn't a perfect unstoppable class out there. Win some lose some. Shadow pve is not bad it's awesome just play it for a decent period of time and you'll get it down.

You don't even F*%&ing raid. 0 bosses down in any normal mode.

Your best raid progression is level 80 content I can solo. No wonder you think we're not bad in PvE.
Edited by Multicidez on 12/23/2012 4:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/23/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Multicidez
You have completed Blade Lord once on your character and that is the furthest progression you have ever seen, and so for that I will forgive you this one time.

You're garbage; stop posting.

E: LOL I remember you now.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199644193#16
Edited by Mindplague on 12/23/2012 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

So much wrong in this post I don't know where to start.

First, you don't have to tab target Pain. Make a mouseover macro. All I do is put my cursor over a nameplate and hit the hotkey with that macro. It applies pain (and touch the same way) without switching targets. If you have tidyplates or something similiar you can see the dots ticking on your dot targets. Very easy way to multidot.

Second: unless you are in that very (very very) narrow window where sacrificing int for haste is worthwhile, Int is always your best stat. Sim your character lol. Int is worth much more to me than haste. It's not even comparable.

Third: there is plenty of gear that is itemized great for us. If you get some unlucky drops, well, it happens, but this tier is loaded with plenty of haste pieces.

Last, if I was 40K+ behind anybody in a raid in the same gear I would delete my toon. That is not a shadowpriest needs a buff problem, that is learning how to play your toon issue.

We are not perfect, and could use some things. But we are not broken. Show me a log where you played well and were 40K dps behind every other class. That is just ridiculous.

And our set bonuses suck. That's one of the reasons there is a disparity. Compare our set bonuses to the lock tier. They get a huge increase in damage versus us. But that happens.

There is so much wrong with THIS post and I'll start right here. #1 There is no difference between tabbing, hovering or pointing and clicking. We lose dps every time we stop dpsing to dot with an underpowered spell. You're a fool if you think your macro changes the dynamic.

#2 Taking the sim route will leave you playing Naxx for the rest of your MOP gaming experience. Rather than using outdated tools perhaps you should do some real calculations based on your current toons' stats. If you did you would see haste is a sPriests #1 stat and it far outweighs intel and crit. Don't come at me with a cookie cutter response until you show me you have done this.

#3 If you think the sPriest current state of gear drops is balanced I refer you back to point #2. Learn how to do some math and stop depending on tools created for WoLK.

#4 When you start telling people to delete their toon because you feel self empowerment by being a mediocre player who settles for the best of the worst it says nothing more than your attitude sucks and you have no clue how to play your priest.

Int is far and away our best stat outside of that small cusp to hit the 8085 haste or whatever it is. It is actually pretty common knowledge so I really don't know where you are seeing anything other then that. As to the whole tab tergetting problem, that honestly is not a big issue, in fact our multi target numbers are actually not too terrible hence the fact on multi target fights our numbers tend to increase fairly substantially. The problem is single target but to say we are 40k behind everybody is a gross exaggeration. We need a buff yes, especially with high movement fights, but 40k behind? I really dont see where you could've gotten that number unless you are that bad... and i truly hope nobody is that bad otherwise why play?
Edited by Drogoh on 12/23/2012 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Better yet, show me your calculations.

1. Tabbing is an inferior method to mouseovers or pointing and clicking.

2. Simcraft is older than Wrath.

3. Our drops are just fine.

4. Nobody was told to delete their toon.

It's pretty easy to hide on an alt and act !@#$ty towards others, Kirstenraye. I'm sorry people were rather rude to you when they thought you were attacking me, but you're not helping anyone doing the same thing to others, especially because frankly, you're pretty clueless.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm also really not sure what you mean by "playing Naxx".

Do you mean that it's out-of-date? Because it's been updated for every patch in MoP.

Do you mean that it's inaccurate due to most sims being based on Patchwerk? Because that's our worst fight style and there's only one, maybe two Patchwerk fights this tier.

It's just a really confusing statement.

There's also the fact that we're not even in the first PTR cycle for 5.2 and we have no idea how we'll scale with T15 gear, nor do we know what our set bonuses are. Using this patch's data as evidence that we'll be terrible in 5.2 is foolish.
Reply Quote
Lets focus on talking about what can fix shadow priest's dps in pve
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A small single target buff, probably to MF damage. It's really all we need. I wouldn't mind haste reducing the CD of MB either, which wouldn't buff multitarget fights.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
12/23/2012 07:22 PMPosted by Nixxe
A small single target buff, probably to MF damage. It's really all we need. I wouldn't mind haste reducing the CD of MB either, which wouldn't buff multitarget fights.

Speak for yourself, I require a Mind Vision and a Confession buff.
Reply Quote
I'd like to see a change where we don't have to clip MF all the time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
says the guy with only lfr kills.LOL whatever guy!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm with you.A the least he could do is grow a pair and post from something else than a level 6 mage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
i wish i could see the looks on their faces when they search for their forum alts on wowprogress for the first time
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I think your correct not to presume that priests will be in the need a of a buff just from looking at the patch notes but from how they preformed this patch one would think that they were due for something.Just taking a look at world of logs and doing abit of comparison is all you really need to show that shadow priests are only ok right now
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]