Don't Force Me to DPS

90 Night Elf Druid
01/02/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Jezebella
This means pure healer specs wouldn't exist anymore, all healers would just be hybrids and all PVE and PVP content would be re-tuned to compensate for this.

Yeah, except this has already happened. Heck, some of healers' *spec-specific* spells have a damage application -- Penance and Holy Shock come to mind. Most if not all have class-wide nukes and sometimes DoTs, and R Druids also have a spec-specific int>agi conversion that applies in cat and bear forms.

That kind of thing is the reason you can level and do dailies as a healer right now if you want to -- all specs can do some DPS, it just involves spending time/resources on it that interferes with your ability to heal so it's not usually a good idea to do it while healing a group.

All they would really have to do is take out regens and enrage timers from solo content, and tanks and healers can kill the same mobs -- slower than a DPS spec would kill them, but surviving longer thanks to their defensive abilities.

There's a big difference between not wanting to be forced into a DPS spec and not wanting to do a single point of damage ever. The latter is, I agree, unrealistic for practically any non-group content.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
01/02/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Calonderiel
Yeah, except this has already happened. Heck, some of healers' *spec-specific* spells have a damage application -- Penance and Holy Shock come to mind. Most if not all have class-wide nukes and sometimes DoTs, and R Druids also have a spec-specific int>agi conversion that applies in cat and bear forms.

It never 'happened'. It's always been that way. Holy priests have always had smite since vanilla. Heck, if they gave us more specs I would be happy if they just removed all dps abilities from healer specs. (I'm sure the world would disagree with me though.)

All they would really have to do is take out regens and enrage timers from solo content, and tanks and healers can kill the same mobs -- slower than a DPS spec would kill them, but surviving longer thanks to their defensive abilities.

Again, refer to my previous posts. 3x development time, longer content release schedules, etc. It's not that simple.

There's a big difference between not wanting to be forced into a DPS spec and not wanting to do a single point of damage ever. The latter is, I agree, unrealistic for practically any non-group content.

See, this is where I lose you. What's the attachment to the healing specs? You have to DPS, you acknowledge you have to DPS, so why don't you want to DPS in a efficient and timely manner if we can make it so it doesn't cost you anything?

Is it just something about the play style of your dps spec that you don't like? Is it some kind of bragging rights you feel you gain that you can take twice as long to do something someone else can do? Is it not wanting to have to learn new abilities?

I just don't see the merit in any argument I can think of against it. It's just stubbornness. I understand at the moment not wanting to have to switch into a DPS spec because you are limited in roles and it can be a pain in the rear, but being so against your DPS spec just doesn't make any sense.

That aside, I think you're significantly in the minority of this idea. The vast majority of people want to do things quickly and painlessly. You're asking for the game to cater to a very small audience with very significant changes, and I just can't ever see that even being an option.

So again I plug for multi-specs!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]