Congrats DFL on Realm First

90 Blood Elf Paladin
It has been about a year now since I created <Vital> and let me tell you straight up--- it has been one crazy year. While we have stood strong for along time now and accomplished many feats throughout our lifespan, we have reached a point where real life occurrences have created problems that cannot continue to be bandaged with excessive amounts of recruitment. I have spent countless hours and long nights recruiting to replace people that either didn't meet our expectations or had something come up in real life that prevented them from raiding on our absurd schedule. From new jobs to Type 1 Diabetes, I'm pretty sure as a guild we have had the worst luck possible this entire tier when it comes to unfortunate happenings and I can no longer invest the time it takes to fix these continuous issues. Not to mention, Nishiki (the other GM of Vital), had to step down last week as well do to an unexpected change in his life. That said, in-order to do what is best for the entire guild as a whole and not waste anyone's time, we have decided that it is time to close our doors.

While the issues and problems we have had are nearly endless, a lot of good things have sprouted from the time we have spent as a guild on this realm. We successfully established ourselves as one of the most progressed realm first guilds that has ever ruled Uldaman, we managed to slay a lot of bosses at a high US rank, and everyone that has been in this guild has had the pleasure of experiencing unforgettable moments that they will forever share throughout the rest of their raiding career in this game. So while we may have been a guild of many unfortunate problems, we will hopefully be remembered as a guild that had just as many successful achievements.

The following is a list of all of our notable achievements that we have completed on this realm.

● Realm First! Heroic: Amber-Shaper Un'sok [US 65 10-man]
● Realm First! Heroic: Wind Lord Mel'jarak [US 203 10-man]
● Realm First! Heroic: Imperial Vizier [US 78 10-man]
● Realm First! Heroic: Garalon. [US 43 10-man]
● Realm First! Heroic: Blade Lord Ta'yak. [US 98 10-man]
● Realm First! Challenge Conquerors: Gold.
● Cutting Edge: Will of the Emperor.
● Realm First! Heroic: Will of the Emperor. [US 69 10-man]
● Realm First! Terrace of Endless Springs. [US 51 10-man]
● Realm First! Protectors of the Endless (Normal-Elite).
● Realm First! Mogu'shan Vaults. [US 9 10-man]
● Realm First! Level 90 Warrior, Shaman, Paladin, Priest, and Druid.
● Realm First! Level 90.

So you see, I look at Vital much like your average fish aquarium. It's pretty easy to set up an aquarium just like it's fairly simple to establish a guild. You select the fish you want just like you pick the raiders you want in your guild. However, maintaining a guild is very difficult after a while just like keeping up an aquarium. Sometimes you have fish that get sick, fish that can't keep up with the rest of the pack, and fish that occasionally get caught up in the filter. Just like fish, some raiders have problems that arise, some aren't able to keep up with the skill level of the rest of the group, and some just get in positions that they can't avoid. The life of an aquarium depends on the unique situations that occur with the fish that makes it an attraction, much like the life of a guild depends on the stability of its raiders. You can keep trying to buy more fish and hope they work out or you can be realistic and realize that there comes a point when you have to move on. To many of our fish have sank to the bottom of the aquarium and I don't have the money to keep buying more. I don't have the time it will take to continue to fight through the issues we have as a guild. It's time to turn off the lights, drain the water, and accept that our aquarium has reached its limit.

With us stepping down we have no choice but to pass the reins of realm first to Down For Life. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you guys don't have to experience the crazy amount of issues we've had to deal with.

As for everyone else on Uldaman, I would like to personally say that I have enjoyed my time on this realm and the community here has been awesome. I'd like to give a personal shout out to my boys Skullfiend and Eckspo, I love you guys!

Take care everyone and have a Merry Christmas. I'll close this post with the kill videos that we have managed to produce.

Heroic Amber-Shaper: http://youtu.be/J4tLdXYNbok
Heroic Imperial Vizier: http://youtu.be/f2Ujz_1wscs
0% Heroic Madness: http://youtu.be/qTv67-0uAtY

Pro
GM of Vital
Edited by Pro on 12/26/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
:\
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
bummer. Was fun to raid with you guys back in cata I had a ton of fun doing main/alt runs with you all. Uldaman is getting to be a lame realm with EoA leaving and now you guys which leaves 2guilds on heroic.. O well GL to all of you wherever you go! Love Skullfiend/Battlemaster Eckspo2012!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Skullfiend
bummer. Was fun to raid with you guys back in cata I had a ton of fun doing main/alt runs with you all. Uldaman is getting to be a lame realm with EoA leaving and now you guys which leaves 2guilds on heroic.. O well GL to all of you wherever you go! Love Skullfiend/Battlemaster Eckspo2012!

Gonna miss you guys!
Reply Quote
guuuud !@#$ yo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Supfreshhshs
guuuud !@#$ yo

Garvs of <Down For Life> there is no need to post on a troll toon.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Hey I would be excited too if all the realm 1st guilds left haha. Now that its Immo/DFL it will be nice to see what happens in the future but the whole 10vs25 race thing is tricky. So Pro are you leaving the server to another guild or moving your guild? I ask because me and Eckspo could take that guild off your hands and keep the memories alive!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I always transfer my guild with me and yes, I'll be leaving the realm at some point. I got you on real id though fool!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Oh yeah lol. I never use my brain =(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/25/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Skullfiend
Oh yeah lol. I never use my brain =(

How well I know. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
most progressed realm first guild that has ever ruled Uldaman

nope
Edited by Kylleria on 12/26/2012 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Kylleria
most progressed realm first guild that has ever ruled Uldaman

nope

I went as far back as WoW Progress could go and, in terms of ranking, we peaked the highest. But I'll edit that just to make fact checking unnecessary.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Although the competition has been mostly negative, I'll be first to hope many of you good luck on finding new homes and finding whatever your heart desires when it comes to raiding.

This year has proven to test our patience, might it be recruitment or downing bosses.

Good luck on everything.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Odd/passive-aggressive/misleading choice of thread title.

Sorry to see you guys unravel, I know and like several of you Vitalers. The next realm first guild ought to hold the spot for a quarter of a tier before buckling, at the rate Uldaman is going...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
This guy still plays? What a joke. Good to know the realm is....sorry I got Distracted =)

Edit: That was a fast delete haha! Not talking to you btw Amnon =P
Edited by Skullfiend on 12/28/2012 2:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
can I get a invite to Immortalis?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]