80-84 MoP Greens

90 Blood Elf Mage
starting in the 80-84 bracket i noticed people with 100k+ health and wondered how the hell this happened when i was sitting at 25k upon reaching 84 fully geared in pvp i noticed i only have 50 but people were still sitting at 100k+ i inspected a few and seen GREEN mop gear. wtf?! why is green pve gear for our lvl so much better for pvp then the purp pvp gear is. so i fully geared myself in Mop greens and now im sitting at 100k with everyone else along with my damage skyrocketing. again the question arises how and why is the gear so much better. this just doesn't make any sense what so ever.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
This same thing happened in Cataclysm. It's a by product of Blizzard ensuring that the transition from x-pac to x-pac was smooth, and didn't make it difficult for casuals and alts to jump right into the new xpac.

It's also a great source of gold!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
should i even bother with the 85 gear then? is this how it is all the way up till 90?
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
All the HP in the world doesnt help if your resil sucks.
Reply Quote
12/26/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Bakaryu
GREEN mop gear. wtf?!

Wait till you see 80s with them blues
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
2 stam is = to 1 resil. so if i lose 25 resil but gain 100 stam its well worth it.
same goes for int and pvp power
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
thats what im saying Vyrlain. for example look ay my gear compaired to yours its a stupid difference. and i probably only spent 500g on all my gear.
Reply Quote
I personally can't complain though sitting on so much spellpower and 90% fire crit with my own buffs. <3 the scaling of stats at 80.

Still, when I first hit 80 (XP-On) it took one game to realize how different it can be between 80s in Wrathful and 84s in MoP greens. The difference is probably more dramatic than any other bracket.

Working as intended, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
im prety sure you can find greens and blues that have SP on them. i just chose not to im running arcane and frost. so mastery does me better. still gotta reforge though. i have WAY to much hit.
Reply Quote
Matsuba's Breadmaker (with Windsong) alone is enough to nearly dominate 80-84 XP-on BGs as a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Staff of Broken Hopes would better suit me du to mastery. and its cheaper.
Edited by Bakaryu on 12/26/2012 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The 80 pvp gear is pointless at your level but once you hit 85 the cata gear is worth getting. I'm leveling this toon from 85 to max just pvping haven't ran into problems yet except maybe rogues with legendary or melee with the archaeology polearm.
Edited by Yeahimmad on 12/26/2012 12:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]