Want to make a healer...

86 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey so I'm relatively new to WoW and I started playing as a tank and I have made some DPS accounts. One thing I really want to try is a healer, but I really have no clue about healing since I haven't tried healing in any other MMO. Always was interested just never tried. So I just wanted to ask anyone willing to help what is a good healing class. I was thinking either Shaman or Druid since those are usually my preferred healers in dungeons so far :D Would really like some help with choosing a fun healer class!
Reply Quote
You should pick the one you think you'll enjoy the most. I'm biased to priests due to the fact it was my first healing class and still enjoying it. Disc's kit is really interesting.
Would say priest's main advantage is having 2 healing specs.
But any healer will do fine, there are some that are considered weak atm but with 5.2 coming out it can easily switch around who is the strongest and weakest.
If anything, I would recommend picking a healer that you enjoy the off-spec you choose as well.
Edited by Trollinhobo on 12/28/2012 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Make a pally
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Also when you go heals in pug groups in LFD or LFR one also needs a thick skin.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
01/01/2013 11:18 PMPosted by Akivasha
Also when you go heals in pug groups in LFD or LFR one also needs a thick skin.

This.

My addition: It is ok to let them die.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'd suggest a holy priest (arguably the simplest healer to learn despite their massive toolkit; bars go down, you make them go back up) or a resto shaman (pretty much the same but a little more complicated).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I haven't tried Holy Priest or Resto Shaman or Mistweaver Monk, but out of Holy Pally, Disc Priest, and Resto Druid, I think Resto Druid was the easiest to learn.

I had the most fun though leveling my Holy Pally in BGs. I was almost invincible and probably really pissed off a lot of Horde when they couldn't take me down even when it was 6 vs 1.
Reply Quote
I have a pally, a druid, a couple of shamen, one disc Priest I recently converted to Holy and maybe 4 Holy priests. Care to guess what my favorite is? Holy? Lucky guess.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Have fun. Every healer has a favorite healer. I love my druid. I don't like playing paladins.

And enjoy the switch. I'm healing this xpac after six years of only tanking in raids (well, I'd heal farm/alt runs during Wrath, but that doesn't count), and I'm loving the change of pace.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]