This is Goodbye.

90 Draenei Death Knight
Dear Uldaman,

I regret to inform you that at the conclusion of raid tonight, Edge of Aggression will be transferring to another server. The Alliance side of Uldaman began a slow decline starting in Cataclysm. We’ve watched as the foundations of the alliance slowly disappeared (Nexus, Wrath of Medivh, Point of Authority, etc) and hoped that other guilds would step up and take their place. Unfortunately as guilds die on alliance side, the talented raiders transfer away or to horde side. In Mists of Pandaria especially, the economy has declined drastically on alliance and for us it was the final straw. We can’t afford to pay our repair bill and purchase raid mats because the volume of goods bought and sold on the AH is so low. Uldaman alliance can no longer support a 25-man progression-minded guild.

I came to this server over 3 years ago because my RL friend had been in EoA since BC. I came here because I respected what Edge of Aggression was able to accomplish and the strong legacy it had. I’m the fourth GM (my RL friend being the 3rd GM) and I take my responsibility very seriously to continue the successful tradition of this guild that was started by Nillian on July 2, 2006. In fact I’ve become friends with Nillian and met him several times IRL. I am committed to this guild through the end of this expansion and it just kills me that I can’t “fix” the Alliance side of Uldaman. Trust me, I tried :(

It is unfortunate because the horde side is doing great. Uldaman the server is ranked #65 overall (out of 250 servers). Vital, DFL, and Immortalis are all in the top 1000 world (top 200 US). The economy is fine, things are going well. I trust that Uldaman will continue to succeed as a server long after we are gone. I’m just sorry we won’t be a part of it.

On behalf of myself and the guild, I want to thank everyone for making the guild’s 6 years here memorable. Whether you revered us from BC, thought we were elitists during Wrath, or had no idea who we were in Cata, know we valued each and every interaction. We wouldn’t be the guild we are today without the strong support from the server we’ve had. I want to wish my friends and colleagues the best of luck Quillathe of Osaes il Shyr, Madchaos of SLA, Dexedrine of Sufferance, Zelinei of Audacity, Pro & Xal of Vital, and Viveka, Nooby, & Napalm of Immortalis.

This was a hugely difficult (and expensive to me personally) decision and I have the utmost respect for the people on this server. The only request I have is please don’t follow us to the new server for trolling purposes. If you must troll us, trash talk us, or share your opinion, I welcome it in this thread.

Thanks,
Runestones
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Best of luck to you.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I remember being a lowly pally lost in the jungles of stranglethorn back in BC when a rogue from EoA showed me the way, and about 5 levels rather quickly. I've known, and played with several members of EoA since that time, and it saddens me to see you go. Best of luck to you all, except Elberath :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
GOODBYE BADDIES!

wait ... what
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hate to see you go but I wish you the best of luck. Really going to miss that motivation that trying to catch up to you gave me. Take care all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/13/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Sintacks
GOODBYE BADDIES!

are you waving goodbye to yourself?! :o
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Mighty sad day for Uldaman. Raiding without an Alliance foil is not nearly as fun, and EoA has ever been Immortalis's white whale since making Uldaman our home. Best of luck to you guys.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
12/13/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Ragequit
Hate to see you go but I wish you the best of luck. Really going to miss that motivation that trying to catch up to you gave me. Take care all.

I appreciate the kind words. You can still stalk us from afar. I'll be watching intently to root for your success :) Will just require 3-4 more extra clicks on WoWProgress.

Rune
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks again for some good times. I have met some good friends on this server for being here a little over a year. So here's to finding a new holy pally to drool over ;) lats every1 best of luck to Uldaman syotos
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Throughout my eight years of leading in this game, I've come to the conclusion that only two types of guild leaders exist. There are those that do it for the added benefits and those that do it because they genuinely have a passion to lead people. Guild leaders are a rare breed and the one's that do it for the right purpose are almost nonexistent. After being on this realm almost a year now and associating with you on many occasions, I can honestly say you're living proof that those passionate leaders are still around. Keep the attitude you have and continue putting in the hard work. It'll pay off in the long run.

The realm won't be the same without a strong Alliance guild, but you have to do what's in the best interest of your guild and I respect your decision. I wish Edge of Aggression the best of luck and I really do hope you find what you're looking for.
Reply Quote
Mighty sad day for Uldaman. Raiding without an Alliance foil is not nearly as fun, and EoA has ever been Immortalis's white whale since making Uldaman our home. Best of luck to you guys.

/salute

AMNON I LOVE YOU
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Now my plan to be Grand Overlord of Uldaman can commence...
Reply Quote
Best of luck to you on your future endeavors from Frostshot and Peytoni over here on Uldaman horde side. Just one question...where are you headed?
Edited by Spotshot on 12/14/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Lmfao @ this thread. Just transfered here from another realm with fewer active raiding guilds (both sides) than there are alliance guilds 4/6 or better.

Can't afford to pay repairs? Get off your !@#, get a profession, get more active members so you get repair bills covered by cashflow perk.

seems downzie and missed the point, So I'll explain. She is saying she isn't paying the stupid retarded prices for stuff we need to sustain raiding. K? Confirm you Understand? Now quit being a troll.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Lmfao @ this thread. Just transfered here from another realm with fewer active raiding guilds (both sides) than there are alliance guilds 4/6 or better.

Can't afford to pay repairs? Get off your !@#, get a profession, get more active members so you get repair bills covered by cashflow perk.

You can't make enough gold with professions if there are no active raiding people buying the profession things now can you?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/14/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Spotshot
Just one question...where are you headed?

Turalyon :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I will be sad not seeing any of you in game anymore but thanks to RealID i'll still be able to talk to you all =) Good Luck on the other server, I know you guys will be Great no matter where you go!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Good luck too you all in EoA on a new server.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I wish you guys the best of luck! /hug Profile for me when you are there :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]