A New way to resto druid.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I since around the end of wrath. (I think) cant remember to well. Have always thought about resto druids healing and how it should be. And of recently I have thought about what I would like it to feel like.

I think it be nice if Druid heals centered around Flourish. This ability is atm an effect that comes from using swiftmend. It heals 5 lowest health players that are in the circle.

How they can use it. Well Healing mushrooms. for one can spread it. U just place it on the field and they pop and lay down flourish. Also swiftmend still lays down a flourish. So u got a potential of 4 bed spots.

Also Lifebloom should work differently. I feel like it should work more like a seed you plant in a person that eventaully blooms.

It starts out as a little bud. Over time it will blossom and when it does it lays down a bed of flourish. At first it will heal slowly. and then over a short time begin healing more and more. When it reaches its end it pops and gives off a nice big heal. (maybe around a lil less of a healing touch) and it makes a flourish.

If you Switch targets with lifebloom it detonates prematurely and wont give a flourish bed. and its big heal is weaker depending how long you let it grow. Passive abilitys can make it blossom sooner like healing the target with nourish. can shorted the time it take to blossom by one sec.

The healing mushrooms can be on a short cd timer so the heal is a lil bigger and not to make it so you feel you have to place it on the field every time they pop. I also feel that the trents should only be two and they stand on the left and right side of the druid. Any one with lifebloom get the full attention of the trents and they cast Nourish so it blossoms quicker with the out.

If you get Tree of life. You can drop 1 more Mushroom and can cast lifebloom on unlimited targets and Nourish shortens the time on lifebloom by 3 secs. Flourish itself should also be improved visually as well. I think a bed of flowers as well as its circle might be better. This is just my two cents. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
You mean Efflorescence? It's already a pretty strong heal, I wouldn't be too much focus on it, but letting mushrooms spread it around is an interesting idea.

The Lifebloom idea would be too complicated. It's hard to tell if you're going to want a big heal in, say, 10 seconds. That's why in raids, it's much better to keep refreshing Lifebloom without letting it bloom because the HoT heals for a lot and it procs Omen of Clarity. The way it works now is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My god man reading this paragraph literally hurts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
ya Efflorescence thats it. Dont kno why i was thinking flourish. lol And I did say that in another thread that they would balance around it being used alot. so it woulnt stack. It just mean more then 5 ppl can be healed. That or reduce the amount it does heal. But I liked the concept that one druids Efflorescence could be spread around the ground. Maybe the dps and rdps are not close enough or the grp moves around to much. Iono.

And the Lifebloom idea to me ment that the old Hot lifebloom idea was dead and the Omen would prob be baked into something else or a new way to get it would come. I felt that the current Lifebloom was just a pointless hot to keep up with. Not really strong enough to turn the tides in battle but not weak enough to ignore it. so you end up hating to hav to refresh it. Not saying its hard just. No other class has to maintain any hots as bad as druids. Thought taking off the "maintenance" of a druid healer would be a better thing.

Let that heal be a auto heal OR let you hav more control when it blooms.
Edited by Nightflower on 12/16/2012 8:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/16/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Nightflower
Let that heal be a auto heal OR let you hav more control when it blooms.

I admit it would be nice to have lifebloom be like beacon or earthshield. However, i still think that it's at the bottom of druid priorities atm. It'd be nicer to have mushrooms worth a damn or rejuv's cost lowered.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hahahahhahahaahahhaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaa nice
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yup, Efflorescence from Swiftmend hasn't healed 5 in something like 2 years.

As far as other healers maintaining spells:

Shaman maintains Earth Shield on the tank and keeps Riptide rolling for the reduced cast time.

Disc maintains Shield for Rapture, Grace for improved heals and Archangel for burst.

Disc and Holy keep Prayer of Mending rolling.

Holy has Chakra.

Monk keeps Renewing Mist on the tank and much of the party. They also channel Soothing Mist during medium/high damage for instant cast heals.

Paladins keeps Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield up on the tank.

All healers have mechanics they maintain for optimal healing. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things healers do. This list was off the top of my head. I like how Lifebloom works. It's a good, reliable heal, grants OoC and the bloom can be a lifesaver when a mechanic or movement causes the tank to be out of range. Lifebloom is one of the few Resto Druid spells that is working well in MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I like this if for no other reason that it's a great lore connector. The healing power of plants and what not. The idea that Druids heal by restoring the very ground we walk on, planting garden beds that regenerate our party's health.

If there was a way to do it without making Druids incredibly passive (OK, so I've planted my garden ... time to keep it watered ... yup, everyone's alive ... OK then ... I'm gonna AFK while the healing power of my garden plots keeps y'all alive), I'd really like it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The idea behind lifebloom being changed to what you have suggested will never work. The tank will be your primary target. If you put it on the tank the bloom will most likely always overheal. tanks are ment to be on full hp with a druid healing them. Also, you don't even know the name of effloressence...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
[Shaman maintains Earth Shield on the tank and keeps Riptide rolling for the reduced cast time.]

Shamans Riptide gives your spells a different effect. GHW and HW are now faster then HS and HS has a high crit rate like Regrowth has/had. Also Earth shield is a autp heal. You set it on a tank and then forget bout it for like 2 mins. (Lifebloom would work in the way a hot does- Cast then forget - but you can speed up the bloom part.

[Disc maintains Shield for Rapture, Grace for improved heals and Archangel for burst.]

Grace is a short term buff that you get much like Harmony. Druids have that but its on them. Rapture is a mana return buff that Druids get from OoC and that can be put into the spell Rejuv or just make it that the bloom on LB gives a portion of your mana back or something.

[Disc and Holy keep Prayer of Mending rolling.]

Wild growth. Nuff said.

[Holy has Chakra.]

Just like Harmony.

[Monk keeps Renewing Mist on the tank and much of the party. They also channel Soothing Mist during medium/high damage for instant cast heals.]

Dont own a monk yet but Renewing Mist sounds like rejuv and Soothing Mist sounds like Wildgrowth.

[Paladins keeps Eternal Flame or Sacred Shield up on the tank.]

Not sure bout pallys either. But dont druids get this spell that works like Sacred shield? third tier of talents on the right? Eternal Flame. I dont kno bout that.

All I am saying is that other classes tho they hav maintenance just like druids. Their Maintenance is more giving while ours is just a hot we cant let fall off. It be something else if it was longer. Maybe give it a 21 sec duration? But it is still boring and bland. As for not knowing the name for effloressence. For some reason I keep thinking flourish when I tried remembering what it is called :/

I also forgot that its 3. Last time I remember looking into what it does was when we first got it at Lich king. So Excuuuuuuuse me princess! lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They should just make it so we have a bunch of different plants, and then we run around planting these plants, and then after some time they grow into different types of heals, and later on I puke in my mouth, but its okay because efflo has a 40 yard range so the puke heals for 50% more. Also we spawn kittens that do dps.

Seriously I LOL'd so hard. Very nice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I since around the end of wrath. (I think) cant remember to well. Have always thought about resto druids healing and how it should be. And of recently I have thought about what I would like it to feel like.

I think it be nice if Druid heals centered around Flourish. This ability is atm an effect that comes from using swiftmend. It heals 5 lowest health players that are in the circle.

How they can use it. Well Healing mushrooms. for one can spread it. U just place it on the field and they pop and lay down flourish. Also swiftmend still lays down a flourish. So u got a potential of 4 bed spots.

Also Lifebloom should work differently. I feel like it should work more like a seed you plant in a person that eventaully blooms.

It starts out as a little bud. Over time it will blossom and when it does it lays down a bed of flourish. At first it will heal slowly. and then over a short time begin healing more and more. When it reaches its end it pops and gives off a nice big heal. (maybe around a lil less of a healing touch) and it makes a flourish.

If you Switch targets with lifebloom it detonates prematurely and wont give a flourish bed. and its big heal is weaker depending how long you let it grow. Passive abilitys can make it blossom sooner like healing the target with nourish. can shorted the time it take to blossom by one sec.

The healing mushrooms can be on a short cd timer so the heal is a lil bigger and not to make it so you feel you have to place it on the field every time they pop. I also feel that the trents should only be two and they stand on the left and right side of the druid. Any one with lifebloom get the full attention of the trents and they cast Nourish so it blossoms quicker with the out.

If you get Tree of life. You can drop 1 more Mushroom and can cast lifebloom on unlimited targets and Nourish shortens the time on lifebloom by 3 secs. Flourish itself should also be improved visually as well. I think a bed of flowers as well as its circle might be better. This is just my two cents. What do you guys think?

I'm going to take you seriously for a second. Basically you want to turn us into dedicated aoe healers who use "ramp-up" HoTs. Presumably we still get rejuv because we still have SW, but now mushrooms drop efflo, as does switching LB. You place the cap on efflos at 4. So do I just rapidly switch LB four times to get 4 efflos and then spam direct heals until my LB builds up to a slightly sub healing touch heal or do I place my mushrooms, detonate them for 3 efflos and then RJ+SWM for the 4th?

WHICH ROTATION IS OPTIMAL TELL ME!

But then when I'm in tree form I can cast nourish on a LB target to take 3 seconds off the time so it will bloom faster, my question is, do the two negated ticks I would lose in the 3 seconds I'm dropping be added to the bloom heal? Can my kittens be pink? I want them to be pink. Definitely pink.

A new way to resto in pvp! >:D

"Okay I have Lb on you.... Okay I'm switching it to me... fear them! fear them! Okay good. Back to you, back to me.... No you can't go los that pillar you have to stay in efflo. I'm stunned-I trinket that! I got a puke-in-mouth PROC! BIG HEALS INC! POPPING KITTENS! GET GLOABALED! GET GLOBALED!" *unintelligible nerd-gasm ensues.*
Edited by Anoru on 12/18/2012 3:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]