Healing debuff is horrible

90 Troll Shaman
ya so its really not fun healing anymore. I have to spam heals now and never really get to support. Go OOM in about 5 mins.

blizz learn to do small changes, not dramatic changes. This is why people quit. Do like a 5% decrease not freakin 15% and see what happens from there.

also since 20% blanket nerf on frost bomb, the glyph change should be 30% not 50%, little too harsh on mages.
oh ya and warriors still have retarded burst and now its even worse to heal through it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Hey, at least you're going OOM. I usually get roft-stomped by the time I can even use 100k mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There's about 8 billion threads on this. Blizz hates pvp healers. :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Outside of getting my weekly cap, I'm done with PvP healing until Blizzard tones down burst.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I do like how Blizz said they were concerned with burst, and weren't going to do anything to heals til it's addressed...then they up the PvP power on weapons and nerf healing, making burst even more attractive than before.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
The morale is low, I will concur. ...wish I could move those bars back up a little in BGs.

Just another "WTF are they thinking?!" moment to add to the pile.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah I just tried healing again myself and I almost feel id be better of as ele..almost.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Just another "WTF are they thinking?!" moment to add to the pile.

What they were thinking is pretty obvious. Burst damage and burst healing were trivializing any sort of sustain comps. So they nerfed burst damage... then nerfed burst healing.

Whether or not you agree with that is another story entirely, but don't be obtuse here and pretend this is somehow out of the blue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What they were thinking is pretty obvious. Burst damage and burst healing were trivializing any sort of sustain comps. So they nerfed burst damage... then nerfed burst healing.

Whether or not you agree with that is another story entirely, but don't be obtuse here and pretend this is somehow out of the blue.

We know what the goal was and in my opinion they failed badly at it. Some classes still have a ridiculous amount of burst and blizz didnt just nerf burst healing, they nerfed sustained healing as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They didn't nerf burst damage enough yet.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
12/15/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Leviathan
What they were thinking is pretty obvious.

"What were they thinking?" as in "did they really think these changes would accomplish their goal?" not "what were they going for with this?".

This also should have been obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like to just send preemptive tells to dps on the other side before start as in "Please don't burst on me, mkay thnxbye. :D <3"

Usually works.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't really think the healing debuff is that terrible in battlegrounds (can't speak for arenas). I think maybe it's a little too extreme, I'd reduce it back maybe 10%. I think some of the problem may be the gear dependency that is created by this debuff for healers, but I think the reverse would also be true for DPS classes.

Burst damage is still too high, I do agree with this. I think it still needs to be reduced by another 15-25%. I got 2-shot by a mage last week from full health, I don't think situations like that should ever happen.

The root of frustration for me is when it comes down to crowd-controls. I want to know how long developers think any class should be locked down from doing something anything in a battleground. In my opinion, anything more than 5 seconds at the absolute max is completely unreasonable, but I find myself frequently going 10-15 seconds (surviving because other healers are healing me) being completely unable to control my character. And I mainly heal with instants, I can't even imagine what healers who spend most of their time casting have to go through.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]