Does satchel mean higher chance of bad group?

90 Orc Death Knight
tys
Has anybody else found that when they queue for satchels, there's a higher chance that the groups they go in tend to be less than pleasant?

I don't know ... lately I've heard of more and more unpleasant satchel queues. Very low dps, people saying pretty unpleasant things, and so on that make runs less happy. Anyways, they seem to happen much more often with satchels than without.

It's entirely possible to have a great satchel group and a terrible non-satchel group of course, but it seems the probabilities favor the non-satchel groups?

Your thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I usually just say "Hello" when zoning in and "Thanks for the group" at the end. From my experience the less that is said, the better the group.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I get satchels randomly without queuing for one. I just open my bags one day and see like 8 and i'm like :O

That being said, it's not a big chance of getting a bad group, lfd in general is just full of the biggest derps in the WoW universe.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I don't know ... lately I've heard of more and more unpleasant satchel queues.

Key Words: "heard of"

It's WoW. People will find reasons to complain and blame the game for anything. There's always something against them, there's always a developer conspiracy, there's always an excuse.

The smartest thing you can do is not believe anything you hear, especially from random people.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I've never gotten a satchel queue.

Also I haven't done a heroic in over a month so. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes, generally if I queue with a satchel it's the worst group ever. Squishy tank, bad dps, tanks that leave every few minutes, etc. It's like the system is punishing me for trying to grab goodies.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
Nope. Queued like 8 satchel groups with my tank a couple nights ago, most of them in silence.

People said hi in two of them, that's about it.

I usually find groups much better when I'm tanking then if I'm healing when doing satchel runs.

A lot of times I'll end up with a group in progress that had a large number of wipes. Especially in Cata I'd end up at Jin'Do or the last boss in H GB. I think I had two groups ever in that kind of situation that just couldn't do it and it was a DPS issue (like all DPS doing under 5.5k)

Hell in Cata, when you could still invite people to your group, people would come into SW looking for a good tank and offering money. They had been stuck with bad tanks from LFD and just wanted to finish. I'd take them up on it, zone in and a few minutes later I'd be a couple hundred gold richer.

Healer wise though, I often end up zoning into a run in progress with the group in combat. Within one pull I can usually see why the other healer left and debate how bad it's going to get and at one point should I leave if it gets too bad. They can be really nice groups, friendly and polite, it's just everything else that's wrong. Though if they are nice and friendly I will stick to out to the end for them.

Satchels - you tempt me with your illicit treasures that are bathed in the tears of a thousand noobs who suffered within the bowels of the 5 mans that you now reach out and coax us into. As a child who's half awake eyes see the most perfect piece of candy, we too walk dream-like through your gates with hope that something exclusive and illusive will finally be ours.

Instead of yet another flask.
Edited by Libbieri on 12/17/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Part of it is how the queue system works. the higher your item level is the lower the item level of the people you get matched with. If you're just after satchels, you probably don't need anything else from the instance and will have a decent ilvl. The system tries to match geared people with less geared people to help the less geared people progress. The result of this is horror stories since you might wind up with a really geared dps and 2 dps that can't break 1k for some reason and an under geared tank that can't hold threat against the geared dps. you can defeat this by queueing with a friend so the entire group isn't just a bunch of derps.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/17/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Tynave
Part of it is how the queue system works. the higher your item level is the lower the item level of the people you get matched with. If you're just after satchels, you probably don't need anything else from the instance and will have a decent ilvl. The system tries to match geared people with less geared people to help the less geared people progress. The result of this is horror stories since you might wind up with a really geared dps and 2 dps that can't break 1k for some reason and an under geared tank that can't hold threat against the geared dps. you can defeat this by queueing with a friend so the entire group isn't just a bunch of derps.

Can you link where Bliizard stated this? I've never heard about the system linking higher ilvl with lower ilvl...
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I have no proof other then endless amounts of pain and suffering running pugs and taking note of trends. It could be I have horrible luck, or it could be that when the same thing keeps happening over and over and over that it's set up to work that way. And since I've been able to switch to a lower ilvl gear set and actually get good geared pugs, I'm going with the more likely scenario of it being set to try and balance groups.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]