Ninja Members In The Guild " Jaded "

90 Goblin Priest
Nalash Verdantis ( a rare ) had spawned. He killed me. I ran back to my corpse to find out he had killed 2 members of Jaded. I rezzed their corpses and they had invited me to group. We killed him and a mount and some other item had dropped. Being the honest person I am I greeded on both items. They needed on the mount. I did not show my displeasure to them for needing on the mount when I had greeded. I just thanked them for group and went on my way. I just wanted the realm to know that you probably should not join that guild or group with any of their members because you might get disappointed if they ninja loot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Respectfully, I'm not sure I would call that ninjaing (technical term) . There is more pressure on those in stronger raiding guilds to "gear up" or step off. So folks get grabby where others might find those folks as overly enthusiastic. Two cents.....please don't spent it all in one place. Happy Holidays !
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I absolutely no way could this scenario be construed as ninja looting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
That said, you deserved an equal roll. /shrug

Generally things like mounts are always need rolls if you don't have it, but these subtle rules aren't always clear to some players.
Edited by Xikar on 12/16/2012 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/16/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Fiftypercent
Yes. We All know that even if someone ninja loots, Blizzard will tell you if someone has the optnio to need on an item then they will do nothing about it. But we all know, who have a concious, know what fair is. They waited for me to make my selection before they made theirs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/17/2012 01:24 AMPosted by Kristalynn
Yes. We All know that even if someone ninja loots, Blizzard will tell you if someone has the optnio to need on an item then they will do nothing about it. But we all know, who have a concious, know what fair is. They waited for me to make my selection before they made theirs.
Let me clear up the typos I just made. It's 4am here and I just woke up only after getting 2 hours of sleep if that. We all know that even if someone ninja loots, Blizzard will not do anything about it as long as they had the option to need on an item. But we all know, who have a conscious, what fair is. They waited for me to make my selection before they made their choice. How many times have you needed on an item, let's say for example had strength on it only to lose the roll to a hunter, for example that uses agility. Was that fair seeing they had the option to need on it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Unless the account you are posting on is not your own, you have been playing this game for years. You should know by now that everyone needs on vanity items, as it completely eliminates the issue you are complaining about. Also, the NPC you killed dropped a pet, not a mount.

12/17/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Kristalynn
How many times have you needed on an item, let's say for example had strength on it only to lose the roll to a hunter, for example that uses agility. Was that fair seeing they had the option to need on it?

I've lost more strength items to hunters than I would care to count, but alas, this is a straw man argument. Making a thread calling a guild ninjas because you lacked the good sense to roll need on vanity/trash is utter nonsense.

As for "fairness". You had the same chance to roll need that they did. That is truly fair. You simply made the wrong decision.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Unless the account you are posting on is not your own, you have been playing this game for years. You should know by now that everyone needs on vanity items, as it completely eliminates the issue you are complaining about. Also, the NPC you killed dropped a pet, not a mount.

How many times have you needed on an item, let's say for example had strength on it only to lose the roll to a hunter, for example that uses agility. Was that fair seeing they had the option to need on it?

I've lost more strength items to hunters than I would care to count, but alas, this is a straw man argument. Making a thread calling a guild ninjas because you lacked the good sense to roll need on vanity/trash is utter nonsense.

As for "fairness". You had the same chance to roll need that they did. That is truly fair. You simply made the wrong decision.
Great. I have an orc hunter on this realm so I will make it a point to group with you since you won't mind me needing on items you use.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/16/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Kristalynn
f Jaded. I rezzed their corpses and they had invited me to group.

Just to make sure you are on the same page the next time something drops you like, ask the group you are in if they are needing or greeding. If they say they are greeding and then they need, blizzard will actually do something about that. If everyone does what they agree, then no problems.

If you don't talk about it before rolling there isn't much recourse except feeling crappy about being left out. Sucks when that happens and I feel for you as it's happened to me, but I'm sure they people that needed probably assumed you would as well.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I just want to be sure I understand. Some random strangers were nice enough to invite you to the group and give you equal chance at the loot? You chose to roll greed on something that you needed while they rightfully rolled need and then you decide to brand them ninjas on the forums? I think those that lurk these forums are probably going to be far more leary of grouping with you than grouping with the members of Jaded. Just saying.

Edit: Because grammar is hard.
Edited by Chigurh on 12/17/2012 11:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I just want to be sure I understand. Some random strangers were nice enough to invite you to the group and give you equal chance at the loot? You chose to roll greed on something that you needed while they rightfully rolled need and then you decide to brand them ninjas on the forums? I think those that lurk these forums are probably going to be far more leary of grouping with you than grouping with the members of Jaded. Just saying.

Edit: Because grammar is hard.
No. I was nice enough to rez them after 2 of Jaded's finest died on that rare. After I rezzed them they invited me to group because they realized the 2 of them could not kill it. I have been playing since vanilla. Most people I have grouped with, who have a conscious, greed roll like I do so rolling on loot will be fair to everyone involved. And yes, I have a toon in " Blacklisted " on this realm so I am also used to dragon kill points.
This is my get away from all the bull crap toon.That is why it is not guilded.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
For what it's worth I am also used to the convention that valuable rare loot, like pets and mounts, are universally needed upon if you do not already have it and you do actually want it.

Any time I am not sure what the convention is (say I am in a PUG) I will ask the group before clicking any buttons--"Are we needing or greeding on this mount?" etc.

It's possible they were just operating under this convention (if you actually wanted it, you would have needed on it) rather than intentionally trying to ninja the loot.

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
12/16/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Kristalynn
Nalash Verdantis ( a rare ) had spawned. He killed me. I ran back to my corpse to find out he had killed 2 members of Jaded. I rezzed their corpses and they had invited me to group. We killed him and a mount and some other item had dropped. Being the honest person I am I greeded on both items. They needed on the mount. I did not show my displeasure to them for needing on the mount when I had greeded. I just thanked them for group and went on my way. I just wanted the realm to know that you probably should not join that guild or group with any of their members because you might get disappointed if they ninja loot.

Jaded is very accessible and there are several officers readily available to hear out your complaints. That said...

1. The rare spawns don't drop mounts, they drop pets. The pets are boe, so if you really needed it (which you don't since you say you hit Greed), you can most likely find one on the auction house.

2. As has been said, many (most?) players understand that vanity items (such as pets from rare spawns) are Needed on unless you already have them (and even then, you're banking on them being the rare polite player). If you were sitting there watching the loot window (presumably since you knew they waited for you to roll first), it would have been better to ask first than to assume they could read your mind.

3. It took 3 people to down the rare spawn? On their behalf, you're welcome for the help.

To echo the sentiments above, nothing about the scenario you described could be construed as ninja looting. Please feel free to contact me or any of the Jaded officers in game to discuss this further. Any member of Jaded can direct you to the officers (as well as many of your guildies in Blacklisted, most of whom enjoy a great working relationship with Jaded).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
How did you die to Nalash? It can be soloed by any class as soon as you get into Dread Wastes (at earliest around level 87)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
first off...when you're in a group with someone other than your guildies/friends, why WOULDN'T you need? secondly, you can check what people are needing/greeding on by clicking the loot to open the window. learn to be a bit smarter next time, and you'll be fine....i promise :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
OOB
I'm going to agree with Fiftypercent and everyone else who has stated: This is WoW and you had the chance to hit need equally as much as the two members did.

I know it sucks to have stuff like that happen, but typical rule of thumb when you are doing things like you were doing with non-friends/guildies, you roll need.

Also if you type /loot it will open a loot window that will show you if someone needed or greeded on it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
since when does a mount drop from that rare? stop QQing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]