Why Blingatron, why...

I took a second 10 day trial to see if I could get into WoW again, maybe upgrade for the holidays, that sort of thing.

After playing a few hours I come across a Blingatron, and think "heck yeah!" I grab my boodle, then quickly log to a second character racing to try to get to it as fast as possible so I can get a shot at cool garbage with all my people. Then... nothing.

Then I read to find out if it's a bug, and find that this nerf was framed as a bug fix; that doesn't exactly soften the blow so much as inform me that the most endearing thing (mad alt race for weird robot junk) in this expansion was created by accident... then removed.

There have been a lot of weird cases of emergent play in WoW's history, and all too often this play is smothered rather than nurtured and sometimes I wonder why. Now though you take Blingatron from me.

I wanted so badly to drag him down to the depths of Ulduar, reprogram him to open up the puzzle box and expose him to the curse of the flesh so that he would become a real boy. A real rich boy... but that's not what matters here. Now, he's a hollow shell of his old self, the rims in his heart no longer spin, and the ice in his grill has melted.

Why do you do this to me, I hurt now.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Paladin
wat
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Fun was detected and dealt with accordingly. It seems ever since... I wanna say 4.0 maybe early as 3.0 if something fun was added it was required by law to have insane limitations.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Cheapened because there's now a .01% chance of a BoE mount being in the bag.
Reply Quote
I'd rather not just believe that Blizzard hates fun, is there some other explanation?

Removing the fun element of something in exchange for improving it's non-play focused reward would be embarrassingly pathetic so I'd rather not believe the "for to defend mount drops" version either.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
12/17/2012 08:41 AMPosted by Hrugner
I'd rather not just believe that Blizzard hates fun, is there some other explanation?

Blizzard, destroying people's hopes and dreams one "nerf" at a time since 2004.
Edited by Kewngpow on 12/17/2012 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I'd rather have a 1 per account quest daily from Blingtron that has an ultra rare chance at dropping a mount than being able to get a tiny useless reward on all my toons. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Remember, this is the same company that took the "Quick and the Dead" guild perk, which used to increase run speed while dead by 100%, and nerfed it to just 10%. And their 'justification' was that the 100% was just a bug. You know, that was in the game for 2 years.

Yeah, right.

Quite. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's Blingtron. There is no A. STOP SAYING BLINGATRON.

Ty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Blingtron was intended to be once a day per account from the get-go. There is even mention in the Mists of Pandaria professions blog back in September. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7305441
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
For the ppl who have never even seen a blingtron I guess there is no feeling of being nerfed. Yay me!
Reply Quote
Remember, this is the same company that took the "Quick and the Dead" guild perk, which used to increase run speed while dead by 100%, and nerfed it to just 10%. And their 'justification' was that the 100% was just a bug. You know, that was in the game for 2 years.

Yeah, right.

Actually, they said that it was changed because they wanted Death to have a meaning. There's no exp loss, repair costs aren't that much, so they made it still take time to get our corpses.
Reply Quote
Most game developers, when they accidentally create something fun and interesting just roll with it and let it stay cause its cool. Blizzard on the other hand will remove it because it doesn't fit with their "general design principles".
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Mythox
Blingtron was intended to be once a day per account from the get-go. There is even mention in the Mists of Pandaria professions blog back in September.

I get that it wasn't their intention to make it an account wide thing; by making it account wide it gave players a sort of mini-game to race their alts to the blingtron (sorry for my previous spelling) before he disappeared. Given how it played out, it would have made sense to make variations of blingtron so the race was more common than eliminating it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Nothing in WoW can be fun without the GRIND.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/17/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Hrugner
Blingtron was intended to be once a day per account from the get-go. There is even mention in the Mists of Pandaria professions blog back in September.

I get that it wasn't their intention to make it an account wide thing; by making it account wide it gave players a sort of mini-game to race their alts to the blingtron (sorry for my previous spelling) before he disappeared. Given how it played out, it would have made sense to make variations of blingtron so the race was more common than eliminating it.

It was their intention to make it account wide once daily from the start. Not once for all of the characters on on that account.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 03:10 AMPosted by Carnivean
Cheapened because there's now a .01% chance of a BoE mount being in the bag.

Wowhead currently has 121273 openings listed in their database for the gift package, and 1 mount drop.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'm starting a creepy "Grease Rag and Epic Back-scratcher" business! I have plenty of them to get me off the ground :D

Blingapoo this last week, but I'll keep clicking...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]