LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

90 Undead Death Knight
After running a lot of LFR's... I've have yet to get any loot out of those bags, even with using my elder charms. I've seen a ridiculous number of complaints of duplicate loot. After 3 weeks of bags of "28 gold" I'm getting fed up that the effort I put into this, there zero results. I no longer see the point of it.

Blizz -- When will you fix the loot system to go back to the previous system, but refine need/greed per class and specialization. EX: Holy Pallys not rolling need on tank gear ect.
85 Troll Mage
Question 1: Before LFR loot system, how often were you getting loot? Of the 2-3 items that droped (for which you had to roll against others), how often did you win?

Question 2: How do you 'fix' a random number generator?

Question 3: Do you realize the LFR loot system is a solution (if not the greatest solution) to need/greed system?
90 Draenei Monk
You have killed a total of 11 bosses total, that is not even close to a sufficient sample size.
100 Human Warlock
12/17/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Quigon
Question 1: Before LFR loot system, how often were you getting loot? Of the 2-3 items that droped (for which you had to roll against others), how often did you win?

1a. how many times did nothing drop that you could roll on.

I much prefer getting 1(2) rolls on every boss than maybe 2 or 3 rolls total because only those 2 or 3 dropped something I could roll on.
Edited by Sharmarli on 12/17/2012 9:24 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
I got 2 pieces on my first run. You know what the word random means right?
100 Goblin Shaman
12/17/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Serbesa

The problem is HOW random it is.

Of course, seeing as you're actually getting stuff, you can't really relate...the obvious course of action, would be to state the obvious, and act as if nothing's wrong.

People like you really do make me a little sick. :|
100 Human Warrior
12/17/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Chawana

The problem is HOW random it is.

Of course, seeing as you're actually getting stuff, you can't really relate...the obvious course of action, would be to state the obvious, and act as if nothing's wrong.

People like you really do make me a little sick. :|

I had a week where between 2 toons I used 23 coins in lfr and for rolls in regular runs. I got 0 loot. And I still felt it was a better option for lfr than the old loot system was.
90 Pandaren Shaman
The chance of loot from the LFR system is supposed to be roughly 15%. That's a 1 in 6 chance. You've killed 11 bosses and got nothing so far, which isn't really statistically significant. On my Druid, it was 12 chances before I finally won something from kills and bonus rolls. So you'll likely get something soon!
90 Pandaren Monk
Loot doesnt come from bags. If you got a bag you got gold.
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone did the math in a post a long time ago (can't find it anymore) and showed that the drop chance for gear is actually better in this new system than it was under the old system. You have a flat 15% chance for gear. I'm sorry that the RNG wasn't kind to you, but with only 11 kills you can't really complain.

P.S. Statistically, you have a 16% chance of not receiving loot on 11 bosses in a row (assuming my math is correct). It's rather low, but not unheard of.
Edited by Andiran on 12/17/2012 9:50 AM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
This is what this game has come to....welfare epics. People want want want want, and if they don't get it WHEN they want, there is an uproar. It is a freaking MMO, why can people not understand this? Everything is SUPPOSE to take time to complete. If you got every piece of loot you wanted in a week, then what? Then what would you waste your time doing? Complaining on the forums for lack of content?

I swear people, if you are not willing to put in the time to complete things in a game designed to take time, then go play something else.Sure it is not fun to kill bosses and not get any loot for your time, but neither is getting everything you want in 1 or 2 runs. Completely defeats the purpose of an MMO.

Nothing needs to be done to the loot system in LFR, RNG is RNG. What needs to change are the people constantly complaining because they didn't get what they wanted when they wanted it.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's flawed just because YOU are not getting any loot?

Just be glad it's not the cataclysm LFR system
90 Goblin Hunter
I went 42 straight boss kills on my warlock with zero loot with 3 tokens used for a total of 45 rolls. Next 6 boss kills I got 5 items without using a single token.

RNG is RNG and people who don't understand sample sizes and think it is a problem

make me a little sick. :|
Edited by Sayne on 12/17/2012 9:56 AM PST
90 Draenei Warrior
The "effort" you put into it?

It would take me far more effort to type out the number of "ha"s that represent how much I'm laughing at how silly that is.
100 Night Elf Hunter
You do realize that this is how Blizz is making everything last longer. just like not having tabards work in dungeons any more for rep. They saw in Cata that everyone ran out of things to do and were letting their subs expire. Now they figure if it takes forever and a day to gear up or advance your toon you won't let your sub run out. They keep saying if you don't like LFR there are others ways of gearing up, but they say the same thing for dailies, dungeons, scenarios, and what ever else there is. You have many ways to gear up or advance your toon and if a blue does happen to post in this thread that is exactly what they are going to say. What they won't say is that they did it this way for one reason to make every thing last longer.
90 Night Elf Druid
12/17/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Sayne
I went 42 straight boss kills on my warlock with zero loot with 3 tokens used for a total of 45 rolls.

Wow, only a 0.07% chance of that happening. That's pretty intense. (I'm not saying you're lying, I'm merely commenting on the statistics.)
100 Human Warlock
I haven't won anything yet but that's just the luck of the draw. I still think the new LFR loot system is a BIG improvement over the old one.

If you're really concerned about getting raid loot just stick with normal/heroic raids and leave LFR to us non-raiders. :)
90 Night Elf Death Knight
12/17/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Quigon
Question 2: How do you 'fix' a random number generator?

I think the current LFR loot system is much better than the old one but this question does have an answer.

One way to "fix" or improve it is to make it slightly less random. An easy way to do this would be to add a slight modifier to your chance to win loot every time you lose a roll. For instance, odds are currently about 15% to win a piece of loot on a boss or coin. What if each loss added 2.5% to you chance to win next time. After one loss you now have a 17.5% chance to win. After two losses you have a 20% chance. Your bonus is reset as soon as you win something. This would help to bust up streaks where people go on and on without winning anything (which is completely possible).

This would help to build expectations and excitement even when you don't win loot. It is one thing to lose a roll and know that nothing changed. You lost and your odds are exactly the same for the next roll. If, however, when you lose, you know that know your chances are better it is not so bad.

Also, since LFR loot is non-competitive (everyone's odds only effect themselves) this wouldn't create any party/raid animosity or competition.
Edited by Taldorius on 12/17/2012 11:00 AM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
Be honest OP, if you had received 11 items in a row from 11 bosses, would you have made the same post about the loot system being flawed?

RNG is RNG.
90 Undead Hunter
You have like four total runs... What the heck bub? You have a 15% chance to get some lewts, keep going and you will get some. I have 4 90s - this guy recieved three tier pieces in one run once. My mage and warrior have yet to recieve one. It is what it is. But don't expect to be fully geared out with only four runs...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]