LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

90 Night Elf Druid
A rather nice solution should seem rather easy. The game rolls and you either win loot or do not win loot. If you were lucky enough to win loot there should be a box that opens up and gives you a choice of one main spec item and one offspec item, you choose and move on.
1 Human Rogue
"Whatever the underlying reason is for that"

The underlying reason is that you do regular raiding because you want to, and you do LFR because you have to. Therefore, if you are not enjoying it, you expect to at least be compensated for the time you spend in there.
90 Pandaren Shaman
this system is by far the worst idea ever for loot. I myself and alot of others i know would rather see the boss actually drop !@#$ and know that it drops then to spend months grinding crap out not knowing if we were already set to not get anything before we ever started the only thing wrong with the way the loot system worked befor was that if you didnt have friends you couldn't get them to roll on loot for you like everyone else was doing, this whole spending an hour in lfr que to get a bag of 28 is crap and these tokens dont help they way the blizz i think intended for them to do i ALWAYS get crap that i either already have or a piece that i just freaking got a better item for, i have done Sha since hes been available used a token on him EVERY week since and NEVER seen the tier legs drop yet i have recieved 7 Tier Gloves WTF is the point of that, i mean at least with the old system if i didnt need that loot i could pass on it, the 28g seems like a kick to the nuts after busting your but to get stuff done.
Edited by Hëx on 1/19/2013 3:43 PM PST
12/17/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Kopai
Loot doesnt come from bags. If you got a bag you got gold.

Isn't there a chance for extra equipment/weapons to drop from the bags?
EDIT: I meant bonus rolls. For the longest time I tried bonus rolls only to get gold, hence my confusion, until a priest friend of mine got his Tier Helm on a bonus roll.
Edited by Windspeak on 1/21/2013 10:40 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I got 2 helmets from the same boss, one from the normal loot and one using a coin, isnt that smart ? oh boy.. .awesome thinking and programing skills.
90 Troll Death Knight
My only real problem with loot in LFR is that I wish the system was smart enough to not give you something you already have equipped. Seriously, I do not need 5 Ring of the Bladed Tempest!
90 Blood Elf Mage
got excited when I won a greater cache of sha touched gold and inside was.
the regular amount that I get from normal boss drop.
Another week of wasted charms and I have 500 charms saved </fail>
90 Gnome Rogue
I was left out of a fight and got a Chest piece lucky me all I had to do is nothing in a Boss fight which those who did something got nothing at all.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
LOL LFR IS A SACK OF YOU KNOW WHAT. GET A GUILD IF YOU WANNA RAID. I HAVE WAITED ALMOST 3 MONTHS FOR A REAL WEAPON AND NO CIGAR>>>WHY AM I QUITTING THIS GAME THAT SEEMS TO BE SCAMMING US NERDS ALIKE?
90 Troll Druid
01/16/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Bashiok
We have tech for quests that increases your chance for a quest item to drop if you haven't gotten one recently

this really isn't necessary, people just need to suck it up. We aren't supposed to get our characters geared immediately, there should be some lvl of time and effort put into getting epic quality gear. If you don't want to put that time and effort in, then you're better off in blues.
90 Undead Rogue
So, say you get ALL the LFR gear in a month. Would you be back?

However, I do wish there was a VP dagger and I'd stop getting Feng's stupid right over and over and over again. Other then that, I'm golden.
Edited by Dalkin on 1/28/2013 12:19 PM PST
90 Draenei Mage
Run 20 times without an item drop will cause a player to stop sub.
90 Night Elf Priest
LFR sucks... go back to the old roll with a ML. half the fun was rolling and seeing the loot.

i havnt played this game for a long time and this new LFR system is.... well... boring. I got one peice of loot this week woopie!! how the hell am i ment to progress when i can get a total of 1 bit of loot per 2 weeks with tokens and then i get 1 shot at boss drops per week... WHAT A JOKE.

bye blizzard.. again!!... for good me thinks this time.

edit: Just thought id add in abit of a lol for you people. Little did i know u can only get one chance per boss per week for loot. and here is me running these LFR about 10 times in a row thinking... "w0wie my luck is bad" after 5, then another 5 nothing thinking "this is rigged and Bu*&$%it" then i get told... "u can only get one chance per boss per week for loot" i laughed and logged out.

The heroic dungeons don't even drop good gear how the hell am i ment to get to ilvl 470? i suppose im ment to pay for 2 months of game time to wait my turn??? or farm like a mad man and buy off ah? i don't think so.

you are continually wrecking this game blizzard...POOOICE!
Edited by Rumble on 2/15/2013 4:12 AM PST
90 Human Mage

The problem is HOW random it is.

Of course, seeing as you're actually getting stuff, you can't really relate...the obvious course of action, would be to state the obvious, and act as if nothing's wrong.

People like you really do make me a little sick. :|

I had a week where between 2 toons I used 23 coins in lfr and for rolls in regular runs. I got 0 loot. And I still felt it was a better option for lfr than the old loot system was.

What? You think the fact that you aren't hitting a button to roll makes it different? It doesn't. It would be a better system if you did not duplicate gear. But since it does, you have less chance to get gear in LFR than you did in the old system, assuming that just a few people getting duplicate gear hit pass or greed.
Edited by Morphean on 2/15/2013 4:36 AM PST
1 Blood Elf Priest
12/17/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Malidious
Blizz -- When will you fix the loot system to go back to the previous system, but refine need/greed per class and specialization. EX: Holy Pallys not rolling need on tank gear ect.

The previous loot system is worse.
Even if you refine need/greed system, casters on the same server would be queueing together and rolling for each other. This new loot system "fixed" that.
Unless Blizzard can get rid of people rolling for each other in LFR, I'm against reverting the loot system back to the Cata one.

During Cata I've seen people asking in trade chat, "LF someone to queue and roll on tier token for me. Paying **** gold if you win it for me". Or the opposite, people selling rolls.
Which is not fair for people who are queueing solo.

So I personally think this loot system is better than the Cata one.

But I do agree it gets frustrating when you get the same loot.
I just did a LFR run on my hunter. I've been using all my charms on Lei Shi for the Sha gun.
I got the same trinket I already had instead of the gun. I've been running ToES LFR over and over using my charms just for that gun, but still no luck.(Legendary Gem is sitting in my bag for weeks)

I've heard that the drop rate is going to be increased in 5.2, but the problem is you can't upgrade your gear anymore in 5.2.... So it won't really mean nothing even if it drops during 5.2.

BUT! I still do prefer this current system over the Cata LFR loot system. I was more pissed back then when i saw people Need rolling on loot they already had.(rolling for each other etc like i said above)
Edited by Akuseligg on 2/15/2013 5:02 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
The thing that's broken about it is I want an option to pass on items, you get a chance at taking it and can choose to pass on that item so it goes to the next highest roller, how many times I see people already geared going into lfr and wondering if they took my piece then can't trade it to me if I actually needed it.

Just before I ran my dk through MSV again and won an item (Yay) but I already had that exact same item so I just took some ones loot that I don't actually want, it would be great if I could go "No I don't want this item, I'm sure I want to pass" then throw it to the next highest roller, that is the biggest problem I see with this new loot system and LFR.

I've ran a few raids across my main / alts (Probably some where near the 50 bosses mark now) and I've only won 3 items in total, not to mention about 12 total sha kills with 1 piece of loot too.
Compared to back in DS where on average I was definitely getting more (Usually 1 piece per week over 8 bosses was normal for me)
Rng definitely has a play there is no denying that but it can slim down the players that actually need/want the item drastically and give you an even higher chance to win an item by having a pass feature.
90 Tauren Druid

During Cata I've seen people asking in trade chat, "LF someone to queue and roll on tier token for me. Paying **** gold if you win it for me". Or the opposite, people selling rolls.
Which is not fair for people who are queueing solo.

So I personally think this loot system is better than the Cata one.

BUT! I still do prefer this current system over the Cata LFR loot system. I was more pissed back then when i saw people Need rolling on loot they already had.(rolling for each other etc like i said above)

I completely agree with people rolling for others but honestly all they have to do is make the items non tradeable and imo the older system would work much better, that was the biggest problem with the old one, groups, sometimes paid groups taking items from just regular joes to gear up faster, that was wrong.

If they could just go back to the old system but make items non tradeable and fix up the need rolls (DPS druids could basically roll on anything they wanted, Feral had the bonus roll on +intel trinks, I won one before on this very toon and Boomkins could roll on Feral things)
then it would work great, ofc you're not going to fix player attitude but there isn't much they could do, at least give us an option to give it to the next higher roller, I feel bad for taking other peoples items when I'm there for others items I need.

TL;DR my rant posts about : Current system blows, give us a pass option if we don't want the item but still keep all rolls and loot anonymous.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]