LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

90 Orc Death Knight
Last night I got my 4th Shin'ka drop, charm rolled, got a 5th Shin'ka. This is on top of 3 tier head tokens. And not one Kilrak drop. 13 weeks of this crap.
90 Orc Death Knight
Well, hey - let's keep this thread alive.

Please remember that the reason the system was put in place was because Blizzard was getting overloaded with "that d-bag ninja'd my gear!" tickets. It's that simple.

My own solution would have been to have LFR stop dropping loot completely. You want gear? Raid for it with a guild. Leave LFR for the role-players or lore junkies who just want to kill a boss and move on with the game.

Probably a good thing I don't make decisions for Blizzard :)

No that's a bad idea, some people don't have the time or (Yes it's true) skill to do normals, lfr is a great way to get everyone into it but it was being exploited by people paying for items by getting a group to roll on it, not to mention the +need was broken as hell, too many classes/specs could roll on things not for them and get the bonus.

The only things that were needed were make items non trade able between other players if you do in fact win and fix up the bonus rolls, otherwise it was fine, the new system is absolutely awful with no pass option on items, winning an item you already have takes it away from some one that actually wants and needs it without you being able to do anything about it.

Yes there were trolls needing and selling but it's still no different really, at least the majority were honest and clicked greed or pass if they didn't actually need it.
90 Night Elf Mage
the no trading is the worst part, i get crap i don't need that could be passed on to others when on my dk, my druid atleast i can DE it
90 Undead Warlock
01/16/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Nahela
I think the issue is that it gives the perception that the loot never drops.

This is exactly it.
I remember back in the day, raiding with a guild. You killed a boss, three items dropped. We all knew there was always going to be three items, and everyone was eager to see if anything was useful to them, and even more eager to see if they can win one of those useful pieces, this was a good design.

In LFR however, a boss dies, and chances are, you get 28g. You don't get to see if anyone got any gear, or if that gear was useful, and you don't get the thrill of seeing the dice roll either. ultimately, the boss dies, and if you personally, don't win anything, it's time for the next boss, and that's it.

Missing out on the celebration and reward of killing a boss is what ruins LFR, which is ironic, because LFR was all about casual players getting the Raiding experience, but in truth, they're missing out on it because they there's no challenge and minimum reward. Remember, you're slaying pixels, not a dragon, and in LFR, it really does feel that way, in the end it's just another weekly grind.
90 Tauren Warrior
Sha of 28g 50s
90 Draenei Shaman
The LFR loot system IS better in alot of ways but i think it could really be tweaked a bit. Look at my profile and you will see that this toon alone has 6 weeks of killing every boss in LFR. Plus some in normal modes. With all six weeks tallied and more than 6 weeks of doing Sha of Fear, i have one stinking tier piece. I use charms ONLY on Sha and tier i need and i cant get any.
I really wish tier would be balanced out in the rolls, instead of seeing 4 bottles of infinite stars, 3 crowns of the doomed empress, etc.... Stop giving me crap i dont need and help a shammy out!!!!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I haven't run LFR in well over a month, primarily because for 4 weeks in a row nothing dropped. It does get frustrating after awhile and discouraging.

Perhaps if there were an additional system in place that allowed a player to apply JP, Valor or some type of credit towards being able to purchase an item they were looking for within LFR or even LFD. An instance or raid specific vendor for example.

I will use Gate of the Setting Sun as an example. I ran it over 52 times trying for a weapon drop, and never saw it. (yes RNG is RNG and it sucks) It got extremely old and tiresome running it over and over with no reward, as many players feel with other instances or raids. A ton of invested time and very little chance of a return for efforts. Now if a point system was in place and the player acquired X amount of points they would be able to purchase said item or something similar from the in instance vendor.
90 Tauren Paladin
02/15/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Druga
Last night I got my 4th Shin'ka drop, charm rolled, got a 5th Shin'ka. This is on top of 3 tier head tokens. And not one Kilrak drop. 13 weeks of this crap.

I think Kilrak is considered a tanking weapon because I got it first shot of Sha in ToES when I ran the LFR.

A lot of people have to remember RNG is RNG, while it seems its affecting a lot more people than normal I'd say that's because we are sick of it and post here because of it.

If you have a full clear of the whole tier both LFR and normal that is 32 bosses with 10 extra chances at loot a week.

To give RNG its true potential for showing its colors you need to at least give it 100+ chances in which not all of us have done that. Albeit its only 3 weeks if you do full clears every week but I know I haven't gotten to that point yet. The people who have however probably already have the gear they need.
90 Pandaren Hunter
The LFR loot system works extremely well for what it's intended to do, it sees a ton of traffic, and gears people up in end-game content that just wasn't possible even a year ago. By all accounts it offers people not able to commit the time, or have the resources, to raid. That in and of itself is a major accomplishment, and the intent of the LFR system. Regardless of your personal circumstances, you can get in there, see the story, experience most of the content, and get some decent items. But I think the rub is the expectations it sets. It looks like a raid, and it smells like a raid, but there's fundamental differences in how it's perceived due to the format. For traditional raiding you get together with your guildies and friends, you struggle on bosses, wipe after wipe, and finally through teamwork and perseverance you overcome the obstacle, loot drops, and even if you don't win a roll you feel like you've made a meaningful contribution to your team and your chances at success later through the overall gearing up of your raid group. In LFR the entire dynamic has to change because you're being matched up semi-randomly with other players. Because of that there is no feeling of helping your team get better, you enter the queue alone, and it's mainly about personal goals to gear up, which then maybe help you in coordinated raids later. You're in there for loot for yourself, and because of that there's less tolerance for overcoming obstacles, so encounters are much easier, and the loot system is per-person and not a communal distribution.

As others have noted the chance to get items in LFR versus a traditional raid scenario are actually higher, but that doesn't change the expectations of people jumping into LFR that this should be a system that provides more consistency. Whatever the underlying reason is for that, I'm not totally sure it matters beyond there is an expectation difference between traditional raiding and LFR. It's something we're keeping an eye on for potential tweaks in the future. We have tech for quests that increases your chance for a quest item to drop if you haven't gotten one recently, and so that's something we're at least beginning to think about and how that kind of consistency system could translate into things like the LFR. If nothing else tweaking drop rates on prior tiers when a new tier hits is pretty low hanging fruit on at least ensuring people can more easily get those last few ilvls so they can queue for the new tier.

Have us be able to pick up more than 3 charms a week could be a start. Or up the drop rate by a few percentage points. You don't necessarily need LFR to last us 6 months trying to get gear. There is normals and heroics people can graduate into if they so choose since those do offer better gear.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/16/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Redupilous
Have us be able to pick up more than 3 charms a week could be a start. Or up the drop rate by a few percentage points. You don't necessarily need LFR to last us 6 months trying to get gear. There is normals and heroics people can graduate into if they so choose since those do offer better gear.

Drop rate is going up in 5.2 (for current content, not new content).

Only problem I have with LFR is I think something should be done for people who have completed the questline with Wrathion and have the gem but nothing to put it in (Yes, a personall QQ for my druid who's had the gem for a month and no weapon drop)
90 Tauren Shaman
Nice spin Bashiok.

The way loot is handed out in LFR is horrible. I have been doing raids in LFG for awhile now, and I have yet to see anyone get a tier piece.

You ask everyone in LFR what dropped for them every time on every boss? Sure you do.

01/16/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Snötlocker
I have also been a victim of receiving duplicate loot. By victim I mean that this should NEVER happen.

That possibility has existed since the birth of WoW.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Thank you for the input Bashiok, however it would be very nice if I wouldn't get the same belt five times while I'm grinding for my sha touched weapon (from the same boss, by the way).
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/17/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Malidious
EX: Holy Pallys not rolling need on tank gear ect.

I know this thread is old but

did everyone forget that holy paladins could only win this if the tanks passed?

Did everyone already forget the +100 bonus to rolls people got if the item was specific to their spec?
I don't know whats more entertaining, the people that get on here and complain or the people that try and sound high and mighty.
90 Tauren Warrior
I've done LFR twice (first and second halves of the Vaults) and gotten four drops. This is a serious question, was I just extremely lucky?
90 Draenei Shaman
Eh, luck comes and goes. My hunter this week got 0/16 drops and two weeks ago she got 3/16. Evens out eventually. Plus sometimes when you finally get that piece of loot its like a really feel good moment, like when I got my shield finally after having i think it was like 14 weeks (about half of that was LFR only I will admit) Of not getting it then when I finally got it and the normal version no less I was overjoyed! :D

P.S Dear blizz, Please put Valor Purple offhands behind some faction thing in the future! Thanks! :)
90 Human Paladin
The LFR loot system works extremely well for what it's intended to do, it sees a ton of traffic, and gears people up in end-game content that just wasn't possible even a year ago. By all accounts it offers people not able to commit the time, or have the resources, to raid. That in and of itself is a major accomplishment, and the intent of the LFR system. Regardless of your personal circumstances, you can get in there, see the story, experience most of the content, and get some decent items. But I think the rub is the expectations it sets. It looks like a raid, and it smells like a raid, but there's fundamental differences in how it's perceived due to the format. For traditional raiding you get together with your guildies and friends, you struggle on bosses, wipe after wipe, and finally through teamwork and perseverance you overcome the obstacle, loot drops, and even if you don't win a roll you feel like you've made a meaningful contribution to your team and your chances at success later through the overall gearing up of your raid group. In LFR the entire dynamic has to change because you're being matched up semi-randomly with other players. Because of that there is no feeling of helping your team get better, you enter the queue alone, and it's mainly about personal goals to gear up, which then maybe help you in coordinated raids later. You're in there for loot for yourself, and because of that there's less tolerance for overcoming obstacles, so encounters are much easier, and the loot system is per-person and not a communal distribution.

As others have noted the chance to get items in LFR versus a traditional raid scenario are actually higher, but that doesn't change the expectations of people jumping into LFR that this should be a system that provides more consistency. Whatever the underlying reason is for that, I'm not totally sure it matters beyond there is an expectation difference between traditional raiding and LFR. It's something we're keeping an eye on for potential tweaks in the future. We have tech for quests that increases your chance for a quest item to drop if you haven't gotten one recently, and so that's something we're at least beginning to think about and how that kind of consistency system could translate into things like the LFR. If nothing else tweaking drop rates on prior tiers when a new tier hits is pretty low hanging fruit on at least ensuring people can more easily get those last few ilvls so they can queue for the new tier.

so your telling me that LFR and LFD havent done damage to the community on the servers ?

I'am waiting for the use battle tag and real id which I refuse to I'm not falling into that little trap I like being in a guild all this cross realm garbage is just another way to get us to spend money on server xfurs.

Give people the option to not use LFD and you will see the communitys grow again instead of this go go go crap.

I sometimes think that the devs have gotten to the point where they dont care anymore there just going to do what they want and that is the downfall of many games.
90 Human Warlock
It took my warlock 11 weeks to get a single sha weapon and then this week, 13, she got another. My mage, running for the same amount of time, has gotten none. (13 weeks now)

The LFR loot system is nothing but pathetic in that 1. My mage needs the weapon and 2. My lock needs the shoulders.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]