LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

90 Orc Death Knight
01/16/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Bashiok
The LFR loot system works extremely well for what it's intended to do, it sees a ton of traffic, and gears people up in end-game content that just wasn't possible even a year ago.

Except maybe adding I don't know... A PASS FUNCTION!

Taking loot away from others and not being able to trade it is the worst part of this system, it's not working extremely well, it's awful getting the same item or worse item and not being able to pass it onto the next highest roller or hand it off to some one.

When 3/4 of the bosses in lfr are stand there and power !@#$ the boss it no longer becomes a raid, it's a loot pinata with a retarded kid handing out the treats
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
OK LOOK I have got plenty of great drops from LFR. Thing is I never got to see the loot drop, or enjoy rolling. WHICH IS HORRIBLE. In addition, I actually never even had a problem rolling in LFR. I mean now if I get the same amazing pants 3 times in a row, I can't even give them to somebody. Which is something I did in the past. Horrible fix to a not so bad problem really. Just because a few loot !@#$%s complained...
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/17/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Deathbeard
The LFR loot system works extremely well for what it's intended to do, it sees a ton of traffic, and gears people up in end-game content that just wasn't possible even a year ago.

Note the armory...I've killed over 300 LFR bosses, used 3 coins per week. Started playing this toon second MoP went live, let it sit when I couldn't get any gear, then went back to it. My iLv is 481, with a grand total of 5 LFR drops. Still have 3 heroic blues, and people laugh when I try to get this toon into an actual raid. So all I have to show for all this grinding VP, weekly Sha, multiple Galleon kills, (crafted axe, chest, trink) and pain we call MoP is...the minimum iLv to get into the 5.2 starter LFR. Barely. And Golly Gee Whiz, I get to do it...ALL...OVER...AGAIN.

Works out to be a sub-1% (roughly 0.75%?) overall drop rate including coins, Sha, and Galleon kills. 15%? There's a laugh. So quite obviously the "gears people up in end-game content" isn't "working extremely well" for quite a few of us out here...and have to tell you, really don't think I can face too many more LFR runs and bags of gold.
Edited by Bitarsson on 2/17/2013 8:47 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
02/17/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Bitarsson

Note the armory...I've killed over 300 LFR bosses, used 3 coins per week. Started playing this toon second MoP went live, let it sit when I couldn't get any gear, then went back to it. My iLv is 481, with a grand total of 5 LFR drops. Still have 3 heroic blues, and people laugh when I try to get this toon into an actual raid. So all I have to show for all this grinding VP, weekly Sha, multiple Galleon kills, and pain we call MoP is...the minimum iLv to get into the 5.2 starter LFR. Barely.

Works out to be something like a sub-1% overall drop rate including coins. 15%? There's a laugh. So quite obviously the "gears people up in end-game content" isn't "working extremely well" for quite a few of us out here...and have to tell you, really don't think I can face too many more LFR runs.

Your math is off, You have 81 total T14 LFR boss kills, not over 300. Even using 3 coins per week, you've had at most 140 opportunties at loot. I'll take your word that you've received a total of 5 drops so yes, that puts you at the low end of RNG. Some players get unlucky and I know it's no consolation that you're one of them. Other players have extraordinary luck - one of my guildies had her alt up to 475 by the time HoF opened and no drops at all out of LFR for her main, which is the tank for our core group.

That's the nature of RNG - you don't know what you're going to get, if anything. LFR isn't there to gear you up, though it does give you a chance to get gear. If you're not getting enough gear from LFR, there are other options if it's bothering you. I hate dailies but I've done them - because I needed the rep to unlock the VP gear.

At least you're at 481 so you'll be able to enter the new raid when it opens next patch. There are still a lot of players out there not that fortunate.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Count them
90 Goblin Hunter
02/17/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Bitarsson
Count them

You don't have 300 kills within the current loot system on that character. I don't even have to count and I know you don't. Maybe if you include DS lfr but that was a different loot system.

I do have a question. How the hell do you have 26 normal mode Ultraxion kills but no more than 10 of any other boss with most less than 5?

Except maybe adding I don't know... A PASS FUNCTION!

Taking loot away from others and not being able to trade it is the worst part of this system, it's not working extremely well, it's awful getting the same item or worse item and not being able to pass it onto the next highest roller or hand it off to some one.

Understand loot system->complain. You aren't taking loot away from anyone when you win. You can't trade the item because no one else in that raid has a real claim to that item, they all had their own rolls to get gear for killing the boss and failed. The trading of BoP items wasn't meant as a second bite at the rng apple.
Edited by Sayne on 2/17/2013 8:58 PM PST
90 Human Priest

Note the armory...I've killed over 300 LFR bosses, used 3 coins per week. Started playing this toon second MoP went live, let it sit when I couldn't get any gear, then went back to it. My iLv is 481, with a grand total of 5 LFR drops. Still have 3 heroic blues, and people laugh when I try to get this toon into an actual raid. So all I have to show for all this grinding VP, weekly Sha, multiple Galleon kills, (crafted axe, chest, trink) and pain we call MoP is...the minimum iLv to get into the 5.2 starter LFR. Barely. And Golly Gee Whiz, I get to do it...ALL...OVER...AGAIN.

Works out to be a sub-1% (roughly 0.75%?) overall drop rate including coins, Sha, and Galleon kills. 15%? There's a laugh. So quite obviously the "gears people up in end-game content" isn't "working extremely well" for quite a few of us out here...and have to tell you, really don't think I can face too many more LFR runs and bags of gold.

then go spend VP on some slots u need gear for?
90 Dwarf Warrior
You don't have 300 kills within the current loot system on that character. I don't even have to count and I know you don't. Maybe if you include DS lfr but that was a different loot system.I do have a question. How the hell do you have 26 normal mode Ultraxion kills but no more than 10 of any other boss with most less than 5?

You're right...with 3 coins per week and world boss kills it's more like 150 total going by what they're showing there. Roughly a 3% drop rate. Where's this "15%" drop rate they tout for their loot system? If 15% is the optimal, guess what? All of us on the low end of the curve are being hosed to varying degrees by the nature of RNG...and everyone at the median and high end are going "I love this loot system!".

26 Ultrax reg kills? Beats me, I don't think they track kills very well, I don't recall any Ultrax mechanic where a warrior being subbed in would have been an advantage, raided mainly on a mage. For that matter, could have sworn I had more MoP LFR kills than what is reflected there...16 weeks or so, 16 bosses per week.

then go spend VP on some slots u need gear for?

Note the amount of VP gear I do have. Reflected by toon being exalted with every faction but SP and SW. Exactly how much more VP could I reasonably be expected to have earned and spent?

That's the nature of RNG - you don't know what you're going to get, if anything. LFR isn't there to gear you up, though it does give you a chance to get gear. If you're not getting enough gear from LFR, there are other options if it's bothering you. I hate dailies but I've done them - because I needed the rep to unlock the VP gear.At least you're at 481 so you'll be able to enter the new raid when it opens next patch. There are still a lot of players out there not that fortunate.

02/17/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Joynal

Read the quote from the blue; "gears people up". "If it bothers me"? I pay for the game, work my heinie off, get excluded from all the end game content, it doesn't matter whether I'm good or bad player because I'm at the mercy of RNG, and "if it bothers me"? What, pray tell, are these "other options"? How many more dailies you want me to do? You know, the dailies that aren't "required"? For that matter, you hit a built in wall where it's pointless once you've capped for the week. Obviously can't/didn't get the gear from LFR with a 3% drop rate. I've bought or crafted what gear is available. I've did huge numbers of dailies, maxed most of the factions, got the rep reward neck and ring, bought as much VP gear as I could. Can't get into raids to gear...because I don't have any gear, and since I can't get into the raids, I don't know the fights. It's a vicious cycle. So what are these "other options" of which you speak?

At least you're at 481 so you'll be able to enter the new raid when it opens next patch. There are still a lot of players out there not that fortunate.

Note it's actually 479 iLv equipped, it's only 481 because I've got some gear I can't use in my bags.

2 weeks the next mini-expac is coming out. 4 1/2 months I've ran LFRs till I could hurl, did all the dailies, grinded and farmed till I was sick of it...and still can't access the actual end game content for the current expac. In 2 weeks it's obsolete. You don't see a problem with a loot system and/or gearing pathway that leaves "a lot of players" too "unfortunate" to access the game content they've paid for, no matter how hard they struggle and grind, whether they're good or bad, before it's rendered obsolete? All because of a deeply flawed looting system? I can point to probably a dozen people who have quit playing because they can't win a dang piece of gear and have given up in disgust. Heck, what motivation do I have to do this all over again with 5.2...and very likely still be left standing outside peering in through the window?
Edited by Bitarsson on 2/18/2013 6:22 AM PST
90 Worgen Death Knight
I don't need 7 Shin'ka, Blizzard, maybe 3 MAX.
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2013 04:53 AMPosted by Níghtmare
I don't need 7 Shin'ka, Blizzard, maybe 3 MAX.

I wish...
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/16/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Bashiok
If nothing else tweaking drop rates on prior tiers when a new tier hits is pretty low hanging fruit on at least ensuring people can more easily get those last few ilvls so they can queue for the new tier.

Ah shucks, isn't that nice of them! The motivation for those of us on the low end of the RNG curve to beat our faces in on the new entry level content, with the same drop rate as the old content, is what, exactly?
Edited by Bitarsson on 2/18/2013 6:41 AM PST
this is why I miss the old system go in with a bunch of friends roll need get what you need pass the loot around and never deal with the LFR tool again.
Edited by Leodin on 2/18/2013 6:44 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
This is my toons current state of LFR.

My GFs toon is even better geared from LFR.

Seems to be working good for us. it takes a while, but we always see loot at some point. the only time we notice it lacking is when NEITHER of us get loot for several weeks, which only happened once.
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Skul
Seems to be working good for us. it takes a while, but we always see loot at some point.

"for us"...if you're in the median or high end of the curve, of course it's "working good". If you're on the other end of the curve...then no, it's "not working good", to varying degrees of "not".

"it takes a while"...Dude, this current expac is over, done, stick a fork in it. "A while" is over with. All the gear, all the raids are soon to be completely obsolete and pointless when 5.2 comes out. 5.2 LFR gear is going to comparable to current near top end gear. And those of us on the low end of the RNG curve, 5 months later, never even got to see or experience it. We got all the bad, and none of the good...unless you consider the endless daily grind that we were forced (to try and get gear) to do, and LFR to be "good".
Edited by Bitarsson on 2/18/2013 7:02 AM PST
this post is exactly whats wrong with the current player base they expect everything to be handed out instead of working to get it.

This is what blizz gets for caveing to the go go kids.
90 Worgen Priest
01/16/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Aamas
No please stop with these threads, LFR is a chance to see content, gear is a bonus. If blizzard starts upping the chance of drops, it'll only generate more hate and one month later i'll guarantee people will be asking for increased drop rates once again. Blizzard make a stand and cement your design how it is today, don't change it.

I agree with this. LFR try hards QQ'ing about not having l33tz gearzz needs to stop happening, and Blizzard giving in to their whining will only make them whine harder imo. Not getting the gear you want from your 1 hour/week LFR schedule? Try actual end game raiding then. Don't want to invest time into raiding? That's fine, enjoy your heroic blues and whatever LFR epics RNG decides you can haz. I'm sorry that you actually have to play the game to get the quality loot for current content...

I really do wish there was a way to remove myself from consideration of loot in LFR though. I always feel bad when I get loot in LFR because I have zero need for it, but I'm sure there's a lot of players there that do. At least give me the ability to trade it to someone in raid with me that can actually use it.
90 Orc Warrior
02/18/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Bitarsson
5 months later, never even got to see or experience it

Running LFR is experiencing the content. You got to see it.

Still have 3 heroic blues, and people laugh when I try to get this toon into an actual raid

Thats an issue with people who want to outgear the content, not Blizzards game design.

02/18/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Leodin
this post is exactly whats wrong with the current player base they expect everything to be handed out instead of working to get it

Agreed
90 Dwarf Warrior
this post is exactly whats wrong with the current player base they expect everything to be handed out instead of working to get it.This is what blizz gets for caveing to the go go kids.

Really? Check out my toon, and tell me exactly where I expect "everything to be handed out instead of working to get it"? Lets see, I've did far more LFRs than you, for far less result. I've obviously did a crap ton more dailies for VP and rep rewards...you're exalted with only 3 MoP factions. You haven't even maxed your profs, not even close. I've maxed BS, mining, fishing, archeo, 1st Aid, and cooking.

So lets see, I've did dailies religiously to grind VP, I've ran LFR till I'm sick of it, killed world bosses, in fact, did every grindy thing possible to hold up my end. So it's looking to me like you're the one who got "everything handed to them". Eh? I've did my part, the problem is Blizz isn't doing their part and rewarding consistently vs. "oh well, it's all up to RNG".
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/18/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Arkthan
Running LFR is experiencing the content. You got to see it.

Too funny, LOL. Suddenly LFR is a raid?
90 Human Death Knight
02/18/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Bitarsson
Seems to be working good for us. it takes a while, but we always see loot at some point.

"for us"...if you're in the median or high end of the curve, of course it's "working good". If you're on the other end of the curve...then no, it's "not working good", to varying degrees of "not".

"it takes a while"...Dude, this current expac is over, done, stick a fork in it. "A while" is over with. All the gear, all the raids are soon to be completely obsolete and pointless when 5.2 comes out. 5.2 LFR gear is going to comparable to current near top end gear. And those of us on the low end of the RNG curve, 5 months later, never even got to see or experience it. We got all the bad, and none of the good...unless you consider the endless daily grind that we were forced (to try and get gear) to do, and LFR to be "good".

My toon went a solid month getting 0 drops from LFR... I know the feeling. At the same time, last weekend I had 3 pieces drop for me in the same raid. Random is pretty random.

Your argument in relation to this gear being old and obsolete is incorrect however. Blizzard is not placing a fast track to the next tier this xpac, outside of new valor pieces (no where close to a full set). You will still see plenty of LFR groups continuing to push for the 480 marker for the new LFR.

I understand that "random" means some people get nothing. For every rich there has to be a poor. In that case, you have 463 heroic gear, and valor gear. Outside of that.... You really cant do anything except play the random game.

This has always been in the case. In BC I raided with a pally and a warlock. My pally was my main, and I received a total of about 3 drops in 3-4 months raiding. I started playing my lock when I grew sick of healing, and my raid team brought me to a BT raid even tho I was currently under geared. Walked away from BT with 7 pieces of gear that day on my warlock.
Random has ALWAYS been random... and this "problem" is just part of the WoW experience.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]