LFR loot system is deeply flawed.

90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Rashadril
Oh, and what makes me sick is the constant whining of self-entitled wankers on the forums. Guess where you fit in?

Right above you ?
90 Worgen Warlock

No I don't.
Making Assumptions is bad mmmmmkay.

You could have found this out by trolling my armory .. Im rather surprised you didnt.

You have defeated encounters that are harder than LFR- regardless of the fact you probably did them with a hundred or more ilvls over what was required at the bare minimum for victory in their heyday.

You assume I said "current content", or "for progression's sake".
Edited by Qaira on 1/16/2013 9:50 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman

No I don't.
Making Assumptions is bad mmmmmkay.

You could have found this out by trolling my armory .. Im rather surprised you didnt.

You have defeated encounters that are harder than LFR- regardless of the fact you probably did them with a hundred or more ilvls over what was required at the bare minimum for victory in their heyday.

You assume I said "current content", or "for progression's sake".

Pardon ? are you referring to previous obsolete content that has zero impact on current content ?

And if you were not referring to current progression content then WTF point were you trying to make exactly ?

I don't raid normally, it really is that simple and my armory proves this to be true.

If I had raided normally I would have already completed MoP normal raids, since the evidence clearly states I haven't your argument is .... pointless.

FYI LFR is all the end game I have this expansion, RL commitments prevent me from raiding normally, LFR is currently Not worthy END game content and unless they find someway of fixing the currently broken loot system it uses it WILL never be worthy of being END game content.
Edited by Terrawatt on 1/16/2013 9:59 AM PST
90 Worgen Warlock
LFR isn't intended to be end game content.

It's intended for people who are unwilling, or unable, to make the commitment to current content to still see it while it is "relevant", though I don't see why that last bit should matter.

Nothing about the loot system is broken. Your people's expectations of it are.
100 Orc Warrior
The flaw is people who run LFR and expect it to be a better source of gear than any other method in the game. You get doubles, gear you dont need, and nothing from real raiding. Just like LFR. Get used to it.
Edited by Arkthan on 1/16/2013 10:10 AM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
LFR isn't intended to be end game content.

It's intended for people who are unwilling, or unable, to make the commitment to current content to still see it while it is "relevant", though I don't see why that last bit should matter.

Nothing about the loot system is broken. Your people's expectations of it are.

I run LFR and expect to get loot (not every run) .. currently I run it and get nothing (every run) ... so its not living up to its end of the bargain.

and if all I have time for is LFR, IT IS MY END GAME.

After more than 10 weeks of LFR dropping nothing but gold I have zero desire to ever step foot into LFR again, so Heroics become my endgame and they are not even in 5.2.
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Arkthan
The flaw is people who run LFR and expect it to be a better source of gear than any other method in the game. You get doubles, gear you dont need, and nothing from real raiding. Just like LFR. Get used to it.

I got more gear in DS LFR than I ever have in MoP LFR, Blizz have already stated the LFR drop rate is far lower than the DS LFR drop rate, apparently this was intentional to force people into normal raids where gearing is actually faster.

I don't ever remember a time during DS where I went for more than 10 weeks with out getting something.
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
01/16/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Terrawatt

I got more gear in DS LFR than I ever have in MoP LFR, Blizz have already stated the LFR drop rate is far lower than the DS LFR drop rate, apparently this was intentional to force people into normal raids where gearing is actually faster.

I don't ever remember a time during DS where I went for more than 10 weeks with out getting something.

I doubt you'd admit to guildies or friends taking gear for you.

And then again, you won those based on lucky. On that bloody RNG system you seem to hate now.
90 Human Paladin
01/16/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Terrawatt

I never got my 4 piece from DS on either of my two 85s that ran it. I have the 4 piece on both my 90's under this current system. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

PS: Where is this toon that's gone 10 weeks without loot?
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Yandere

I never got my 4 piece from DS on either of my two 85s that ran it. I have the 4 piece on both my 90's under this current system. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

PS: Where is this toon that's gone 10 weeks without loot?

Obviously not the one I post on, you find the armory trolling on this one lacking ?
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Azivalla
I doubt you'd admit to guildies or friends taking gear for you.

For what it's worth, I'm not the kind of low life that needs people to steal gear for them.

Not that you would believe me in any case.

The MoP RNG system =/= to the DS RNG system, Blizz pulled their WE ARE DOING IT THIS WAY shizz on the MoP LFR. All because some whiny QQing people decided that the normal loot system was hurting them.

YOU WILL LIKE IT AND YOU WILL HAVE FUN ...apparently I no longer know what I find enjoyable and need Blizz to tell me.
Edited by Terrawatt on 1/16/2013 10:28 AM PST
100 Orc Warrior
01/16/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Terrawatt
The MoP RNG system =/= to the DS RNG system, Blizz pulled their WE ARE DOING IT THIS WAY shizz on the MoP LFR. All because some whiny QQing people decided that the normal loot system was hurting them.

LFR is a feature that is about a year old. It is being tweaked and changed constantly and will eventually settle down to a final system.

The old system was a bad one.
90 Worgen Warlock

I run LFR and expect to get loot (not every run) .. currently I run it and get nothing (every run) ... so its not living up to its end of the bargain.

and if all I have time for is LFR, IT IS MY END GAME.

After more than 10 weeks of LFR dropping nothing but gold I have zero desire to ever step foot into LFR again, so Heroics become my endgame and they are not even in 5.2.

I've gotten more upgrades from LFR than from normal raiding- non-spirit cloth is scarce, as is int jewelry and accessories that I "don't already have".

That's rng.

I went the entirety of T7 without seeing The Turning Tide. I went ALL of T8 and most of T9 before I got Eye of the Broodmother, and by the time I saw Collar of the Wyrmhunter, I already had T8.5.

Oh, and Dying Light would never drop, so I was still using Nibelung when we killed the Lich King.

As far as "all I ever get is gold", uh, 21 people got gold during DS lfr each boss.

That's 336 people out of 400 who don't get loot, if drop rates were exactly the same, for a full clear of this tier.
Edited by Qaira on 1/16/2013 10:39 AM PST
91 Tauren Druid
I get a piece of gear once a week, with or with out elder charms. Whats the problem?
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Arkthan

LFR is a feature that is about a year old. It is being tweaked and changed constantly and will eventually settle down to a final system.

Bad for who ...?
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/16/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Qaira
That's 336 people out of 400 who don't get loot, if drop rates were exactly the same, for a full clear of this tier.

The drop rates are not the same .. Blizz lowered LFR drop rates for MoP.

They have this whole GO SLOW SCHTICK thing they are pressing upon us.

Little of this argument really matters tho as there is NOTHING you can say that will ever make me consider MoP LFR worth a damn or worth running again.

It's dead to me and nothing more than wasted dev time.
90 Goblin Hunter

Bad for who ...?

Everyone. After every boss kill it was 'you don't need that' or 'I deserve that more than you'. Blizz shifted the anger that existed between the players towards themselves, which is pretty good design overall if you ask me. Same amount of loot drops on average.

Always exciting to see a necro I posted in originally.

01/16/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Terrawatt

False.
Edited by Sayne on 1/16/2013 10:49 AM PST
90 Worgen Warlock
01/16/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Terrawatt

They have this whole GO SLOW SCHTICK thing they are pressing upon us.

Little of this argument really matters tho as there is NOTHING you can say that will ever make me consider MoP LFR worth a damn or worth running again.

It's dead to me and nothing more than wasted dev time.

21/25= 19%.

Seems pretty damn close to me, since it's 15 or 16% now, and as it's individual, the chance exists for more than four pieces of loot to be rewarded per kill.

It's dead to you because you don't understand the differences and similarities between the two systems. Mostly because you don't want to see them- among much else.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]