Patch 5.2 The Thunder King has Risen

90 Orc Warrior
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

I understand where youre coming from, but thats not how this game was built. if you feel you'd like to be further along in your pve progression, find a new raid group that is pushing harder. my suggestion though is just enjoy it and dont worry about statistics and release dates.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I really, really hope we see the prophet zul, which was the reason for the sudden aggressive nature of the trolls, or was sited for that...

I actually think the logic for the Zandalari is pretty believable. The Cataclysm destroyed their home. They need a new one. Nothing personal, you just happen to be on land that they want.

I'm just worried it's going to be the same thing we've seen for ages now: trolls eat their gods, turn into animal-people, woof woof, hiss, kill, loot.

I agree the logic is believable for the Zandalari, but if you remember back to 4.2 (or 4.1? I forget which) all of the troll empires were brought together, by the Zandalari, who were seeking to unite all the trolls. The Zandalari were prompted to do this by a mysterious prophet, by the name of Zul.

The prophet Zul:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Zul
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

I love you, Blizzard <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

The Forums cried for Blizz to bring back World PVP. They did, with CRZs.

The Forums cried for Blizz to FORCE the Population out of the cities and into the World again. They did, with Dailies.

The Forums cried for Blizz to put out content faster. They are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow... can definitely see the comparison to Ulduar. Thunder Isle looks very impressive. I'm looking forward to the PTR. Happy Holidays all!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
12/21/2012 12:49 AMPosted by Tewa

If you want to clear the existing stuff, do LFR.

I like to do the fights with the intended mechanics. Not on welfare mode with the mechanics removed. You might try it some time, it's fun.

call it like you see it but doesnt matter which mode you do the raids on you still are clearing the content. thats like saying to someone who beat Street Fighter or Call of Duty on easy mode then saying they didnt beat the game cuz they didnt go through it on hard more.
Reply Quote
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding this was the perfect first impression to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

So...

This is what it meant by End of the World?

I smell more Troll dungeons.

God. Save. Us. All.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thank you Blizzard for not making another troll dungeon. When I heard about the "Ulduar-like" raid in 5.2, I thought they were gonna recycle the troll city art assets and give us a Zandalari city raid. The early promotional maps of MoP showed Zandalar just north of Pandaria.
Edited by Bonaparte on 12/21/2012 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Bonaparte
Thank you Blizzard for not making another troll dungeon.

Except, It will facilitate Trolls. Do the Thunder King chain in Kun-Lai.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
One thing to keep in mind, Blizzard wants to keep the first tier relevant well into the expansion. Keep in mind that with each tier we'll be able to upgrade our sha-touched weapon, so everyone is going to eventually want a heroic sha weapon. This will keep people pugging/running the end content of MoP probably up until the end of the expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding this was the perfect first impression to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

So...

This is what it meant by End of the World?

I smell more Troll dungeons.

God. Save. Us. All.

Only three things in WoW are consistent my friend.

Death, Repair Bills and Troll Dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
You people are strange. They're announcing 5.2 on the PTR for early January, not for live.

I think my casual guild will be ready for it when it comes out.
Reply Quote
Only three things in WoW are consistent my friend.

Death, Repair Bills and Troll Dungeons.

Ha! Stealing that quote.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Strifé
Major content patches usually last 2-3 months on the PTR.

The Devs all just made the rounds on the Podcasts, and said 5.2 would drop in Feb
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Cant wait ^.^
Expected it to be about the Thunder King. No surprises, lore wise.
I wanted to see a raid designed large, similar to Ulduar. This gives me a mix of a BT/Uld feeling on sight.

Just one thing to ask: Is there going to be a legendary? Or something for all classes? Probably gotta wait for more news to come. =P
Edited by Steth on 12/21/2012 1:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]