Patch 5.2 The Thunder King has Risen

100 Night Elf Druid
make a legendary polearm blizz
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/21/2012 01:25 AMPosted by Catwomán
make a legendary polearm blizz

It'd be pretty interesting if it were. [Mogu'thunder, the epic spear of the Thunder King]
(Subjective name xP)

I do, however, expect enhancement shamans to be outraged once again. No offense!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

Any comment on the low completion rate of the tier so far among average guilds? Isn't this way too soon to release the next tier when less than 20% have completed Terrace and the completion rate on MV just ticked above 50%?

Or is Blizzard thinking that as long as the 20-hour-a-week guilds have done it, and the LFR-only crowd have done it, so it's okay if the "middle class" get screwed?

It's going to be months before 5.2 is actually out. This is not too soon to be announcing it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Interesting...Black temple / Uldiar ish vibe...I hope they make it a big dungeonish raid like BT and Ulduar were.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Oooh, that was a pleasant post to wake up to!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

I'm not sure why it matters, it's just more stuff that can be done in the future, it's not like everyone has to drop everything the second it launches and start doing it just because it's been released.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

So...

This is what it meant by End of the World?

I smell more Troll dungeons.

God. Save. Us. All.

Only three things in WoW are consistent my friend.

Death, Repair Bills and Troll Dungeons.

You forgot the poop quests :3
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
12/21/2012 12:52 AMPosted by Tewa

I understand where youre coming from, but thats not how this game was built. if you feel you'd like to be further along in your pve progression, find a new raid group that is pushing harder. my suggestion though is just enjoy it and dont worry about statistics and release dates.

I'm in the top 24%. I could go higher by switching guilds I suppose, but even on normal mode, only 17.81% have cleared through Terrace. And that's just on normal mode. There isn't a whole lot of extra room to go up.

In any case, this isn't about me. Look at the completion rates overall. They're still really low. Only 53% have even cleared MV - and that number was below half until a week or so ago.

53% of whom?

If you're assuming that 100% of the player base is raiding and or even cares about raiding then you'd be wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

Early January: PTR
So, mid/end of February and 5.2?

Must...kill...Sha of Fear....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Any comment on the low completion rate of the tier so far among average guilds? Isn't this way too soon to release the next tier when less than 20% have completed Terrace and the completion rate on MV just ticked above 50%?

Or is Blizzard thinking that as long as the 20-hour-a-week guilds have done it, and the LFR-only crowd have done it, so it's okay if the "middle class" get screwed?
black temple came out before a single person in the world could get in, and it was awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The raid screenshot looks impressive and the title of it sounds awesome.

Any info on the minimum item level to get into the LFR part? Will it be 480?
Reply Quote
18 Gnome Warlock
12/21/2012 12:57 AMPosted by Tewa

The Forums cried for Blizz to bring back World PVP. They did, with CRZs.

The Forums cried for Blizz to FORCE the Population out of the cities and into the World again. They did, with Dailies.

The Forums cried for Blizz to put out content faster. They are.

And where were the cries for 16-boss tiers that would only be relevant for 6 months and required a sequential sequence of boss kills for the last 10 bosses?

I think I missed that "crying out" chapter. But that's what they gave us.

I also didn't see the "Blizzard, please double the amount of time we have to raid every week if we want to stay current with the latest raid tier" - but is also what we got.

The cries were there in two parts. People cried that Cata did not have enough bosses per tier minus T11. People cried that Raids like Ulduar was great but way too long for most guilds to complete in one night and. People generally liked T11 with smaller raids but more of them. The reason they were gated like they are was to prevent burnout from the raiders who feel that they have to do everything as fast as possible. Reading the forums and posts from top end guilds they actually prefer it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow tons of raiding content. Kind of sweet actually that I'll still be doing terrace and heart while running this 5.2 raid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
This thread so far is an excellent case study on the futility of trying to make everyone happy.

Heck, I wouldn't mind another few months to get through current content, since I got a late start. But I (unlike some here) realize that the game's progression does not hinge entirely upon my whims.

Not done with current content? Then consider this notice that it's time to HURRY UP! That's how I'm taking it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Very nice screenshot. I'm pumped to slay the Thunder King!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]