Patch 5.2 The Thunder King has Risen

19 Worgen Druid
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff

Are you serious? back in BC and Vanilla only like 5 % of players ever saw the raid content. Suck it up it could be worse.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/21/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Banecraft
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff

Are you serious? back in BC and Vanilla only like 5 % of players ever saw the raid content. Suck it up it could be worse.

I agree. Again, I love this expac for the amount of stuff to do. My guild will probably be just into Terrace by the time this come out. I'm okay with that. The great thing is that it feels like it'll still be a good idea to go back and do the first bits of content to get geared for the newer stuff. Unlike how it was in Cata and Wrath, where you could ding and go pick up everything you need to dive into the newest stuff from a vendor.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
12/21/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Banecraft

Also, there's no rule that states "New raid content is out. No one ever has to run the old stuff ever again".

I mean, I'm pretty sure the next tier of raid content will be tuned to having 10/25 people in T14 gear, not people in entry level blues. So those guilds that haven't cleared the T14 stuff will still need to gear up through that to get int the T15 stuff.

And I sincerely hope Blizzard doesn't start handing out T14 level epics in 5-man dungeons.

At most, the next tier of 5-man dungeons should drop Ilv476 blues, with the occasional rare 483 epic.

That's been one of my biggest pet peeves. Blue quality gear stops at the first set of heroic 5-mans. New heroic 5-mans all drop raid quality epics.

Blues and Epics should continue scaling side by side. Let Dungeons drop 463/476/483/etc blues and let raids drop the higher iLv epics.
Reply Quote
78 Human Warlock
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Why in the world would they not release content that is ready?
Reply Quote
i hope this time we wont just kill him, i hope there will be someting more original about theses trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/21/2012 12:52 AMPosted by Tewa
n any case, this isn't about me. Look at the completion rates overall. They're still really low. Only 53% have even cleared MV - and that number was below half until a week or so ago.

So in a week we've gained at LEAST 4% completion on MSV, according to what you're saying here that's the minimum possible. 4% a week isn't bad. By the time this patch drops it'll be close to 100%!

Look, it's just the nature of the beast. You may not get to clear everything or do everything before new content drops. I'd like to clear all heroic mode raids before the new patch. It's not going to happen. I probably won't even clear Terrace.... what are ya gonna do? This has been part of the game for years!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would think the only bad thing about completion rates would be what ilvl the new fights will be tuned to with enrage timers.

Otherwise it could be an issue if the bar is set high enough that a large number of guilds have to stay in the old content since they simply do not have the gear to even start normal modes in the new Tier.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't get it. Instead of caring about having more stuff to do, many people just complain because they haven't done everything prior. What's. The. Big. Deal. Just play the content you're doing now, you're not actually missing out if you're going to be able to do it later. The super top guilds will go in and try it out, then complain about all the wonderful new raiding content on the forums, and then the general population will catch up in due time, mostly together.

Not an issue. Same old shiz.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Why? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the current content is cleared? Are you upset that someone else might progress faster than yourself? Are upset that someone else might get better gear sooner than you? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the content is cleared?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
People asking for legendarys just gives me a "WTF" in my head.

How about you get a unique named Epic with a cool effect. Why does it have to be orange?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

Wait what? Early January? I already feel swamped with 3 raids and the want to get some decent heroic progression with my team. Whats the rush?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 06:12 AMPosted by Mushimushi

Why? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the current content is cleared? Are you upset that someone else might progress faster than yourself? Are upset that someone else might get better gear sooner than you? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the content is cleared?

Well you better hope they create new heroics to give you 489 gear or something, otherwise youre going back while the rest of us enjoy the new raid.

IMO, I hope they DONT create heroics to cater to people who want to skip ahead
Reply Quote
12/21/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Damiaina
many people just complain

they have learned nothing from the pandas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I was caught
In the middle of a railroad track (Thunder)
I looked round
And I knew there was no turning back (Thunder)
My mind raced
And I thought what could I do (Thunder)
And I knew
There was no help, no help from you (Thunder)

Sound of the drums
Beatin' in my heart
The thunder of guns
Tore me apart
You've been - thunderstruck
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/21/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Delanei

Well you better hope they create new heroics to give you 489 gear or something, otherwise youre going back while the rest of us enjoy the new raid.

IMO, I hope they DONT create heroics to cater to people who want to skip ahead

Going back? In what way? Are you armory bashing? Trying to insult me because I have mostly LFR gear? Not sure why that's even relevant, to be honest. The new raid will be in LFR, too. And they won't make the ilvl requirement higher than what the previous tier's LFR is capable of attaining.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Going back? In what way? Are you armory bashing? Trying to insult me because I have mostly LFR gear? Not sure why that's even relevant, to be honest. The new raid will be in LFR, too. And they won't make the ilvl requirement higher than what the previous tier's LFR is capable of attaining.

Tewa is talking about clearing content, not LFR !@#$, I dont care about LFR, and what I said is relevant to clearing content which Tewa mentioned which YOU replied to. So... yeah
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The absolute FIRST impression that hit me was "this is Ulduar--improved".

I seriously HOPE so, Ulduar was one of my favorite raids.

Thanks for the tantalizing peek... Merry Christmas to all!
Reply Quote
Another PvE content patch has lost all interest to me in this game. However, if this patch is actually used to make PvP better, then it will not be a complete waste of resources in my opinion.

I'll wait and see, but I'm not going to hold my breath. There has been too much disappointment for the past few expansion to make me think the lesser specs of this game will be given fair shot at some point in the PvP world.

I realize how negative this sounds, but having spent 2+ years trying to get on an RBG team as Enhancement or Elemental has been truly the most painful experience I have had the sad privilege of sitting through. I mean, seriously 18 games in 2+ years because these specs are so poorly designed when compared to all the others available? I mean something is wrong when good players are pushed away because of their spec....

I actually regret leveling this character and not finally biting the bullet and walking away from my legacy character. But its hard to give up something you have played religiously for 8 years and all the things its has achieved (that cannot be used on other characters) to play another class that is not as interesting to you just so you can play the portion of this game you enjoy.

I know someone is going to say, just play Resto, but I honestly cannot stand healing, and it not a choice if it is the only accepted spec for RBG's. At that point, you may as well reroll FotM since regearing for another spec is just as difficult as gearing another character as well.

Surprise me, Blizzard. I dare you.
Edited by Moltenhoof on 12/21/2012 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/21/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Delanei

Tewa is talking about clearing content, not LFR !@#$, I dont care about LFR, and what I said is relevant to clearing content which Tewa mentioned which YOU replied to. So... yeah

Your comment is still not relevant. New content is being made available before some people have cleared current content. That has absolutely zero to do with LFR or my gear. My question is why he has a problem with it. So unless you have something relevant to offer to that question...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]