Patch 5.2 The Thunder King has Risen

90 Human Mage
12/21/2012 06:26 AMPosted by Delanei

Why? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the current content is cleared? Are you upset that someone else might progress faster than yourself? Are upset that someone else might get better gear sooner than you? Why is it a bad thing that more content will be available before the content is cleared?

Well you better hope they create new heroics to give you 489 gear or something, otherwise youre going back while the rest of us enjoy the new raid.

IMO, I hope they DONT create heroics to cater to people who want to skip ahead

Wow. So hateful and mean spirited and childish. You want to know what ruins world of warcraft? It's not the devs, it's not the pvp balance, it's not lack of content. It's people like yourself who are a blight upon the community.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your comment is still not relevant. New content is being made available before some people have cleared current content. That has absolutely zero to do with LFR or my gear. My question is why he has a problem with it. So unless you have something relevant to offer to that question...

WTF are you talking about I never mentioned LFR. If a new raid came out that dropped 502ilvl gear, dont you think you'd need a decent ilvl to start with? Forget LFR since thats all thats on your mind atm.

In order to get the gear needed to start in a new patch with the next raid/tier you need time to clear current content. 18% comes down to how many people would actually be prepared to enter these new raids. Why do you think Blizz nerfs things? SO people can gear easier. If they dont nerf they introduce heroics that drop entry level gear, THAT's is what I am talking about...

Therefore, if they dont nerf or provide "easy skip ahead heroics" 92% of the player base (who cares the raid normal/heroic mode anyway) will have to continue to work on MSV, HOF and ToES while the 18% move on to the new patch.

If you still dont understand, whatever
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

Any comment on the low completion rate of the tier so far among average guilds? Isn't this way too soon to release the next tier when less than 20% have completed Terrace and the completion rate on MV just ticked above 50%?

Or is Blizzard thinking that as long as the 20-hour-a-week guilds have done it, and the LFR-only crowd have done it, so it's okay if the "middle class" get screwed?

Why srewed? Eventually you will see the content. Better to have to much then to less. I guess you rather get not anything new because you haven't done the old yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 06:41 AMPosted by Fairadey
Wow. So hateful and mean spirited and childish. You want to know what ruins world of warcraft? It's not the devs, it's not the pvp balance, it's not lack of content. It's people like yourself who are a blight upon the community.

You attack me when the poster I replied to was rude themselves?

The moment anyone starts to use personal phrases, such as you or your, it can be considered rude, just like you considered my comment rude
Edited by Delanei on 12/21/2012 6:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
That picture is awfully dark. I don't think it's my monitor either.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Any comment on the low completion rate of the tier so far among average guilds? Isn't this way too soon to release the next tier when less than 20% have completed Terrace and the completion rate on MV just ticked above 50%?

Or is Blizzard thinking that as long as the 20-hour-a-week guilds have done it, and the LFR-only crowd have done it, so it's okay if the "middle class" get screwed?

Posted by Xanzül
Just stop. Blizzad has already said several times they aren't releasing a new tier until more players have completed current raid content. Stop complaining about a problem that hasn't even happened yet.
You sure do post a lot of hostile and angry replies.
Edited by Nayaga on 12/21/2012 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Here they go rushing out content again. So I can go clear normal modes of some raid and get better gear than in the heroic modes we're progressing through now. Work on getting tier 15 gear before I'm done getting tier 14 heroic gear...

So in 1 year from now we can start the rapid decline of 1 year of jack-crap to do.

This better be one LONG stinkin' PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/21/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Delanei
WTF are you talking about I never mentioned LFR. If a new raid came out that dropped 502ilvl gear, dont you think you'd need a decent ilvl to start with? Forget LFR since thats all thats on your mind atm.

The only people that would be held back are the people that have just hit 90 and are gearing up in heroics. So I still don't see the relevance of your comments.

In order to get the gear needed to start in a new patch with the next raid/tier you need time to clear current content. 18% comes down to how many people would actually be prepared to enter these new raids. Why do you think Blizz nerfs things? SO people can gear easier. If they dont nerf they introduce heroics that drop entry level gear, THAT's is what I am talking about...

I think I'm beginning to understand what you're saying. Which is exactly what my question refers to. Why is it a bad thing to have new content available before most people are able to get into it? For years raids have had "gear check" encounters. Don't have the gear, don't progress. A new raid tier before the current is cleared by the majority would be the same thing, just with a new zone instead of simply a new boss in the current one. So that falls back to my question: Why is that a bad thing?

You attack me when the poster I replied to was rude themselves?

The moment anyone starts to use personal phrases, such as you or your, it can be considered rude, just like you considered my comment rude

By all means, please, point out where I was rude to anyone in this thread before I was insulted and armory bashed by you.

The moment someone uses personal phrases... I... what? You're so far out in left field you've not only left the corn behind, you can't even see the farm anymore.
Edited by Mushimushi on 12/21/2012 7:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
So normal mode/heroic nerf inc? I dont really want nerfs tbh but to keep people progressing (Lower level guilds) and also release fast i think Blizz kinda has to.
Reply Quote
Oh great, another troll instance... /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/21/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Tewa

Always seems that raid success follows a nice bell curve. At the start, the elite and dedicated complete, then the rate of completion starts picking up, then tailing off again as the only people left not completing become less and less likely to ever complete. What we're seeing now with t14 is that we're still in that acceleration up the curve. Completion rates will slow for the next two weeks for holidays, then pick up steam, such that by the time the next patch goes live, raids will be finished up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Graphic looks great, looking forward to more content. Thanks!
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warrior
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Normal modes are pretty easy, there's no real reason not to have them all dead by now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Mushimushi
By all means, please, point out where I was rude to anyone in this thread before I was insulted and armory bashed by you.

What is this armory bashed phrase? I've never heard it until now >.> I didn't comment on your raiding experience, I replied to how it was bad because in order to progress to the new raid (NON LFR VERSION!) well they better hope that there are heroics that drop entry level dungeon gear. If there isnt a dungeon, thats the problem. The mistake I made was using "you" and "youre" because you used "you" and "youre" in your reply to the original poster, so as I said... it made it seem personal.

Some people don't like to fall behind, but some are fine with it. If they are fine, well good for them, otherwise it can get frustrating if your team can't beat, say, Sha of Fear for whatever reason and just cant progress enough to get to the gear level they need... all 10/25 of them. Imagine if we needed to clear ToES to enter the new raid. I don't think they would do that though because the clear rate could be too low, like 20% clear rate for ToES (kinda extreme example provided but hey I didn't write that)

When the patch comes out, I'd want to check out the new raid asap, and I'm sure many many people would feel the same, and having roadblocks such as gear can be a pain.
Or, we go in with the gear they have are try our best, maybe even succeed. In the past it was proven that people who had heroic cleared the raids before the next patch of raids (example 391 ilvl gear from FL to 397 ilvl in DS) have an easier time clearing the content, and sometimes thats the goal we have.... and less time means less chances to get the gear that could help us progress.

Not every type of raiding team would feel this way of course, and then theres just LFR (i tend to ignore that because I really dislike it as a whole) for anyone else

The moment someone uses personal phrases... I... what? You're so far out in left field you've not only left the corn behind, you can't even see the farm anymore.

Great, now we made a full circle with your last minute condescending comment.... which is really weird...
Edited by Delanei on 12/21/2012 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

I am sorry, but that picture annoys me for only one reason. The grammar.

"The Thunder King is risen" sounds so horrible, it feels like whoever wrote it has butchered the English language. It should be either "The Thunder King HAS risen" or "The Thunder King is RAISED".

Of course this could just be some americanised grammar, which the thought of makes me cringe even more.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/21/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Scoot
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Normal modes are pretty easy, there's no real reason not to have them all dead by now.

Ok, but the heroic raids take some time. This is good content and could last us quite a while. Sure there's the top few % who clear it all real fast, but really - the expectation that most guilds clear 16 heroic bosses in 3 months is pretty ridiculous. This content could last most semi-hardcore guilds 5-6 months.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Patch notes? =D lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Therefore, if they dont nerf or provide "easy skip ahead heroics" 92% of the player base (who cares the raid normal/heroic mode anyway) will have to continue to work on MSV, HOF and ToES while the 18% move on to the new patch.

So it will be the same as it's always been, excluding probably Cata and the Toc patch that killed Ulduar/wotlk progression.

And why are so many people complaining about patches coming out fast? By far the largest complaint I've ever seen in game and out are people whining that the patches come out too slow...Just goes to show that Blizz can't make this community happy, no matter how hard they try.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I am sorry, but that picture annoys me for only one reason. The grammar.

"The Thunder King is risen" sounds so horrible, it feels like whoever wrote it has butchered the English language. It should be either "The Thunder King HAS risen" or "The Thunder King is RAISED".

Of course this could just be some americanised grammar, which the thought of makes me cringe even more.

It's written in passive voice, which is something that should be rarely done. The sentence contains no subject to act on the verb.
Reply Quote
LOL @ grammar error on mmo-champion's image of 5.2 patch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]