Patch 5.2 The Thunder King has Risen

90 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Firestyle
It's not a crystal ball, it's based on past performance. The same thing occurred in the last two expansions, it's reasonable to conclude they are doing the same thing.

So you want patches 6-7 or 7-8 months apart just to avoid the lull before the next expansion? That seems worse than an extended wait at the end.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I am not american, so i dont really know if it was americanised or not, but you guys kinda did butcher the english language alot over the past few hundred years. Cant blame me for being skeptical. :P

That statement is as ignorant as me saying "you guys kind of did butcher dental care a lot over the past few hundred years (assuming you are from the UK)".

Also, considering your lack of grammar, I do not think you can honestly make statements on the butchering of a language.

I do believe his statement was meant to be taken tongue in cheek.
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Warlock
*_* -makes grabby hands at preview-

Mineminemine...shiny shiny, must have....
......TO POWER LEVELING!

-dashes off to get to 90 right quick-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/21/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Delanei
And why are so many people complaining about patches coming out fast? By far the largest complaint I've ever seen in game and out are people whining that the patches come out too slow...Just goes to show that Blizz can't make this community happy, no matter how hard they try

Yeah if its the same people who complained before complaining now... which I doubt but who knows. I definately didnt have an issue before, and DS was the last long stint that we all just dealt with because we knew the expansion was coming.... eventually.

5.2 will probably be out later then some assume, and I hope it is, but if they start shoving new content in our faces too quick... it just feels rushed. Might have to murder someone if they adding new dailies in 5.2... oh wait they are *dies*

That's not my quote.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's not a crystal ball, it's based on past performance. The same thing occurred in the last two expansions, it's reasonable to conclude they are doing the same thing.

So you want patches 6-7 or 7-8 months apart just to avoid the lull before the next expansion? That seems worse than an extended wait at the end.

Depends on how much content is in each patch. Many people are still experiencing this content, working on reputations, raid encounters at various levels, the current PvP season, and whatever else. I wouldn't put it at a set interval, but I'd space it so we're not deprecating content before people are done with it, only to have them finish content at the end of an expansion to sit around and do nothing.

It's not about putting a pre-determined time frame on it, it's about being sensible about releasing content so that we're not curtailing current content early, only to sit around later.
Edited by Firestyle on 12/21/2012 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

I am not american, so i dont really know if it was americanised or not, but you guys kinda did butcher the english language alot over the past few hundred years. Cant blame me for being skeptical. :P

That statement is as ignorant as me saying "you guys kind of did butcher dental care a lot over the past few hundred years (assuming you are from the UK)".

Also, considering your lack of grammar, I do not think you can honestly make statements on the butchering of a language.

I tried to come up with something to say, but i could not come up with anything that did not sound like i was insulting people, even if it was not. So i will be blunt.

I am from a country where it is currently 2:53am, we drive on the left side of the road, we know how to make fun of each other and laugh when others say things about us.

Can you guess the country?

As for my lack of grammar... if it was anything other than the intentional non capitalising of some words, then it is a sign i need sleep. Which i will do now. Goodnight.

And blizzard, please fix that picture.

Edit: Just saw someone said my statement was tongue in cheek. That person is correct.
Edited by Blaumeux on 12/21/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/21/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Firestyle
That's not my quote.

Nope its Dremin's that I got from your reply to him, the forum wrote it like that
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
WOOT! WOOT! I don't really understand the complaining since it isn't like the are closing the old raids up for good and they may gate the new raid like they did with the first set of raid so just Calm down. Even those who haven't completed MSV on normal have been smashing at least the first 4 bosses every week to gear their guild. And if you can farm at least 4 bosses in MSV then you even have a chance to down a boss or two in HoF. Learn a lesson form these pandas and have some patience and calm down. No one started raging about the fact that the legendary questline was moving forward in 5.1 without having their legendary gem yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Is anyone shocked by this news?

Seriously, I was told, "Each patch in MoP is going to be it's own story", yet this is a CONTINUATION OF THE TROLLS FROM 5.0 IN KUN LAI... How is this "it's own story"?

Fail. Just fail.
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Warlock
Is anyone shocked by this news?

Seriously, I was told, "Each patch in MoP is going to be it's own story", yet this is a CONTINUATION OF THE TROLLS FROM 5.0 IN KUN LAI... How is this "it's own story"?

Fail. Just fail.

The trolls are the ones who brought him back, of course they're going to pop up! But how do we know the storyline of the Thunder King? For all it matters, the King might see them as Peons and shove them after he's finished with them; we could even be helping the Trolls get revenge on this guy!

-shrugs- We have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not about putting a pre-determine time frame on it, it's about being sensible about releasing content so that we're not curtailing current content early, only to sit around later.

I don't know about you, but I'm already logging on less. I have two raid nights a week for a total of about 4 hours. I'm nearly exalted with every faction, despite doing only one set a day. I've done most of my Pet Battle achievements, almost have a 4th 90, don't really have much of an interest in pvp this season, and am rank 6 in the Brawler's Guild on my hunter so...

April seems about right to me for new content. I realize I don't represent everybody, but there must be players in the same boat at this point. Horde's even more progressive on my server than Alliance and just cleared Heroic HoF this week and is 2/4 terrace. In a month or so, that raid group probably won't even be logging on until the next patch.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Rogue
Looking forward to it :)
Reply Quote
53 Human Warrior

I tried to come up with something to say, but i could not come up with anything that did not sound like i was insulting people, even if it was not. So i will be blunt.

I am from a country where it is currently 2:53am, we drive on the left side of the road, we know how to make fun of each other and laugh when others say things about us.

Can you guess the country?

As for my lack of grammar... if it was anything other than the intentional non capitalising of some words, then it is a sign i need sleep. Which i will do now. Goodnight.

And blizzard, please fix that picture.

Edit: Just saw someone said my statement was tongue in cheek. That person is correct.

In that case, I apologize. I mistook the context.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
youtube.com/watch?v=iRyIIYit--I

5. 2 "trailer"
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
There are so many aesthetically amazing elements to Patch 5.2, that it was INCREDIBLY difficult to decide what single image to showcase. Many of us scrutinized a plethora of screenshots for days before deciding [url="http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80608-Coming-in-Patch-5.2-Thunder-Isle"]this was the perfect first impression[/url] to provide as a little gift for the holidays, teasing though it may be. But we think it sets the tone nicely, no? :)

Once we're back from holiday break, we fully intend to hit the ground running. Brace yourselves, my friends!

Any comment on the low completion rate of the tier so far among average guilds? Isn't this way too soon to release the next tier when less than 20% have completed Terrace and the completion rate on MV just ticked above 50%?

Or is Blizzard thinking that as long as the 20-hour-a-week guilds have done it, and the LFR-only crowd have done it, so it's okay if the "middle class" get screwed?

Please just don't make comments like this. Blizzard is doing fantastic if they're already building up and creating the next patch to look as amazing as this. Would you rather content that everyone has beaten and is now waiting months for the next patch, or to always have something ahead of you to do. It's comments like this that obscured how cata should've rolled out. (And trust me I'm not a fan boy either I've been in many complaint forums especially in the last expansion, however, all I want through my comments is to keep wow in the right direction.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/21/2012 12:26 AMPosted by Tewa
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Why does it matter what other raiders are doing? I don't know why people expect blizzard to "wait for them". They release content, lots of content, finish it at your own pace, it's not going to go away.
Reply Quote
78 Human Paladin
Since today is a beautiful day (where I'm currently at) and the world doesn't seem to be ending, I would like the floaty skull to tease us with one more picture. Pretty Please.

Happy Holidays All
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/21/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Dremin
It's not about putting a pre-determine time frame on it, it's about being sensible about releasing content so that we're not curtailing current content early, only to sit around later.

I don't know about you, but I'm already logging on less. I have two raid nights a week for a total of about 4 hours. I'm nearly exalted with every faction, despite doing only one set a day. I've done most of my Pet Battle achievements, almost have a 4th 90, don't really have much of an interest in pvp this season, and am rank 6 in the Brawler's Guild on my hunter so...

April seems about right to me for new content. I realize I don't represent everybody, but there must be players in the same boat at this point. Horde's even more progressive on my server than Alliance and just cleared Heroic HoF this week and is 2/4 terrace. In a month or so, that raid group probably won't even be logging on until the next patch.

Yes, but with your 4 hours weekly raid schedule, you have a lot of raiding left to do just to clear normal modes. Are you really ready to just stop raiding current content and move onto new content?

And to your other points, just because a few guilds clear all heroic content doesn't mean new content should be released. Those guilds work very hard to get that content down quickly and I'm sure many of them would appreciate a break from a grueling raid schedule and just farm bosses in a minimal schedule a few nights a week. This also gives the rest of us, in guilds like mine and and yours, time to clear normals and heroics - or at least have a reasonable chance of getting most of them done.

The end of April would be a reasonable release date. But if this hits the PTR in January, again - based on history, we're looking at an early February release of 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
12/21/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Collosius
Would be nice if they could wait until more than 18% of raiders had cleared the existing stuff before they started with the new stuff.

Why does it matter what other raiders are doing? I don't know why people expect blizzard to "wait for them". They release content, lots of content, finish it at your own pace, it's not going to go away.

It is though. Because often times normal raids from the next tier are easier than heroic raids of the current tier, and offer equal or better gear. So functionally, the incentive is in place to clear those easy normal mode raids - which makes the current heroic mode raids easier through gear acquisition.

"your own pace" isn't a natural pace at that point, it's a modified accelerated pace because of all the new gear in the new raid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Sorry Blizzard, as good as that picture is, I honestly cant get exited over yet another Troll raid.

I honestly cant do it.

I've been "Trolled" long enough in this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]