Soloing Kalecgos

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Howdy dudes.

Soooo is there actually a way to solo Kalecgos in Sunwell Plateau now? Or did he get missed when they made changes to make the old raids more soloable? The mechanics seem to be exactly the same. I beat him down, and eventually he became immune to damage. No portal opened at any time or anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I wager a skilled hunter or warlock could do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/21/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Somnii

Well maybe. If he ever spawns the portal :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/21/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Somnii

iwould think but i'v had issues with my pet geting umsummoned when i click portal then i get stuck or instantly killed idk wtf thats about i havent tried my hunter but even then you need to beable to heal on last 3 bosses and gl with that as a hunter that crap still hitts harder then some heroic bosses
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/21/2012 08:09 AMPosted by Thaladred
Or did he get missed when they made changes to make the old raids more soloable?

The blues acknowledged that they worded things poorly and that's what lead to this misconception.

The raid bosses weren't made soloable, mechanics that made them IMPOSSIBLE to solo regardless of class, spec, skill, level, etc. were altered to make them POSSIBLE to solo.

Some bosses are still extremely challenging to solo and may still not be possible for certain specs or below a certain geal level, but none are just straight impossible any more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/21/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Thaladred

Well maybe. If he ever spawns the portal :(

it does just the issue idk if its bug a good % time my pet gets unsummoned if i click it causing me be to stuck inside which its sopost kick you out or somehow it instantly kills me kinda like ICC gunship im thinking a hunter can as they are more real of a pet class though my lock pets are better then any hunter ones for tanking improved vw=godmode dam thing even tanks heroics without even taking a dent yet abm hunter tank speced pet yeah...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/21/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Hippeaux
Or did he get missed when they made changes to make the old raids more soloable?

The blues acknowledged that they worded things poorly and that's what lead to this misconception.

The raid bosses weren't made soloable, mechanics that made them IMPOSSIBLE to solo regardless of class, spec, skill, level, etc. were altered to make them POSSIBLE to solo.

Some bosses are still extremely challenging to solo and may still not be possible for certain specs or below a certain geal level, but none are just straight impossible any more.

depends 1st boss in SW is imposb to solo i do not recall seeing him touched i would just bring a friend for him
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/21/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Hippeaux

Well that's what I wanted to clarify. Don't worry, I knew what they meant when they were changing it. Soloable was never meant to mean easy mode. I was just confused as nothing during the fight occurred that would make it soloable. All that happened is we went toe to toe until he became immune. Did I just beat him down too fast perhaps? Is the portal on a timer?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I cheat and wait till he despawns (he won't ever spawn a portal even when I summon images) and run past him because eventually he does. Not that it matters, I can't seem to solo the boss after him, the fire he does ticks harder than my evocate can heal and I can't use unlimited potions or bandages either. I'm just too squishy with lack of good heals. And no, cauterize wouldn't work, I'll just heal up and die from it without a heal.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I just mount up and run by him. You can just skip him and go the next boss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
12/21/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Egram
I just mount up and run by him. You can just skip him and go the next boss.

Well, I guess that's an option. Or I'll just get a buddy to help me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
12/21/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Thaladred

Oh my, I just noticed your name, and my name. Now we just need a Capernian, Lord Sanguinar and Telonicus to show up and we'll have a party. Maybe this time we can all manage to stay alive as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I mean you NEED 2 people to do the portals, i am shure summoned allies like gouls for DK and hunter pets go with you if you go through the portals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/21/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Kaeilthas

Oh my, I just noticed your name, and my name. Now we just need a Capernian, Lord Sanguinar and Telonicus to show up and we'll have a party. Maybe this time we can all manage to stay alive as well.

Dear god how many setbacks does it take...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm not sure if anyone ever comes to this forum anymore but amazing news. If you have the dps to burn down the demon in a single portal phase solo, it can finally be done. The Ghost Iron Dragonling allowed me a chance at killing this boss today. At one point after Kalecgos hit 1% and went immune, one of the Ghost iron dragonling's spawned. A portal then appeared on my head and I was able to burn down the demon in the single portal phase. It CAN be solo'ed if you get lucky with this trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Only Jaina can handle Kalecgos solo.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
In regards to the all boses soleable, twin emps. looking pretty strong.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
that boss can be skipped if your soloing sun well. you don't have to do that boss to kill last boss. Just walk by him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]