Buffing Disc in PTR 5.2

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So disc is dominating in healing and their absorbs already overshadow all other healers healing when they outgear the fight, which for most ordinary groups is most fights yet they are buffing divine aegis by almost double? How does this make any sense what so ever? I dont understand how they nerf MW's to the ground buff disc to the top and then when its obvious they (disc) need a nerf it gets buffed more.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Did I miss some announcement about a buff to DA?
100 Worgen Priest
It's only a tooltip change broski, DA got buffed in a hotfix a while ago.
90 Gnome Priest
Just a tooltip update, like they said. That 50% DA change happened back in early November. November 6th to be exact:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170
90 Blood Elf Priest
How did that miss the 5.1 patch tooltip fixes?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also, if disc gets buffs, they're aimed at pvp, most likely. We're garbage there atm.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know priests perfectly but if its a old buff why would mmo-champion say its a change to devine aegis for PTR 5.2 and not a tooltip fix? Obviously thats what it is but seems odd they would throw it in PTR 5.2 notes.
Edited by Jelvis on 12/21/2012 6:30 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Jelvis
I don't know priests perfectly but if its a old buff why would mmo-champion say its a change to devine aegis for PTR 5.2 and not a tooltip fix?

typos happen even on official sites. it's 50% right now and has been for over a month.
100 Night Elf Priest
12/21/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Jelvis
I don't know priests perfectly but if its a old buff why would mmo-champion say its a change to devine aegis for PTR 5.2 and not a tooltip fix? Obviously thats what it is but seems odd they would throw it in PTR 5.2 notes.

Because MMO-Champion makes mistakes?
100 Troll Druid
Worth noting that Rapture won't benefit from MTT and other spirit procs which is a game changer in itself
90 Orc Shaman
It is not unusual for MMO to list datamined stuff as "new" changes when they are just tooltip fixes. They usually clean up their datamine notes after a few days sometimes to clarify stuff like that.

So yes, the 50% DA has been around for a while now.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Rejuvenate
Worth noting that Rapture won't benefit from MTT and other spirit procs which is a game changer in itself

I LOVE IT :D
90 Human Priest
New PW:Solace (assuming it works with evangelism and atonement) looks awesome.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/21/2012 07:16 PMPosted by Amabella
New PW:Solace (assuming it works with evangelism and atonement) looks awesome.

I always thought that they shoulda just rolled it into holy fire.
90 Pandaren Priest
12/21/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Rejuvenate

While this is a step in the right direction, it literally does nothing much to tone down well-geared Priests as long as the previous buff to DA remains.
Edited by Ceddya on 12/21/2012 7:24 PM PST
90 Human Priest
I don't even raid with a resto shaman, so that one doesn't bother me in the slightest. It'll be annoying if it affects the tailoring cloak enchant in addition to mana tide, but not the end of the world as I'm using Lightweave most of the time now anyways.

The best solution is probably to make rapture simply a free pw:s every 12 seconds - this nerfs ridiculous pve scaling without hurting pvp (and is even a buff to pvp mana regen under most circumstances).

Maybe reduce only the PoH DA (as opposed to all DA) to compensate for the fact that it automatically applies.
100 Human Priest
I was expecting changes to Holy Priests in PvP.

I'm very disappointed (but not surprised), even if another build could bring changes.
100 Draenei Priest
The DA buff is a hotfix change that's been live for a while now. Not a new buff.

The nerf to Rapture is to be expected.

In addition, you should expect some nerfs to Spirit Shell's mastery scaling, although I haven't seen those show up yet.
100 Draenei Priest
12/21/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Treela
In addition, you should expect some nerfs to Spirit Shell's mastery scaling, although I haven't seen those show up yet.

If they wanted to nerf Spirit Shell they'd make it increase mana costs while active. It's already pretty easy to hit cap out Spirit Shell on a raid without going out of your way. But again, it's also pretty easy to OOM yourself when actually casting heals.

Power Word: Solace has been redesigned.
Power Word: Solace replaces Holy Fire. It deals the same damage and interacts with other spells and abilities in the same manner, but is instant, costs no mana, and restores 1% of maximum mana on each cast.

Dominate Mind now has a 1.8 second cast time (was 2.5 seconds).
Angelic Feather now has a 6 second duration (was 4 seconds).
Body and Soul now has a 3 second duration (was 4 seconds).
Glyph of Holy Fire has been redesigned. It now increases the range of Holy Fire, Smite, and Power Word: Solace by 10 yards.
Discipline
Focused Will now reduces damage taken by 15% per stack, with a limit of 2 stacks.
Spirit Shell no longer benefits from Mastery, and now properly includes the benefits of Divine Aegis and critical effect chance.
Rapture now provides mana equal to 250% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short duration bonuses.

Outside of the Focused Will buff, nothing else really appears to be a straight out buff. On the other hand, there's quite a few nerfs, especially for people who were abusing MTT.
Edited by Mintia on 12/21/2012 9:55 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]