Resto Druid - Talents Improvement [PTR 5.2]

90 Troll Druid
Cenarion Ward isn't what we need Blizzard. Scrap the idea and start over. It's ridiculous.
This isn't what our toolkit need. Please stop. Please? Do something else. Anything. Show that you're at least TRYING to take care of it. Same goes for Force of Nature. Such a bad idea I cannot believe it. I simply cannot believe it. Don't even get me start on mushrooms.

Without sounding arrogant or rude -- you guys are completely clueless about what resto druids need right now. Go read the recent threads about resto druids on this forum and come up with something new and exciting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Majority of the notes are pvp changes, you do realize that? Might want to wait a couple more patch cycles before you get the pitchforks.
Edited by Sensations on 12/21/2012 6:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
Cenarion Ward has a place. Just not for healing druids. For Guardian and Feral, it's not half bad, since they don't need mana for anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I would not expect anything major in the form of talents, though I am interested in the notes for force of nature and if it becomes a valid option.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The problem with CW is that it compete with NS. Unless they overbuff it completely, it can't compete with Nature's Swiftness utility for PvE. I think Force of Nature, if buffed enough, could have a niche as a short duration raid cooldown; to realize this I would suggest adding onto it with some sort of additional effect like a minor raid damage reduction or a mana reduction for the caster's spells while FoN is active.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The rejuv mana cost reduction just screams "welcome back to Wotlk druids, we gave up on you". I run with a resto druid regularly, and from what I can tell, what druids really need is some group burst. Maybe a 1m cd that "blooms" all running hots or something like that. Maybe that would be op, I don't know. And does anyone actually use the mushrooms?
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
12/21/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Laminated
The rejuv mana cost reduction just screams "welcome back to Wotlk druids, we gave up on you". I run with a resto druid regularly, and from what I can tell, what druids really need is some group burst. Maybe a 1m cd that "blooms" all running hots or something like that. Maybe that would be op, I don't know. And does anyone actually use the mushrooms?

I do not believe druids will ever get a hard-hitting group burst. Instead they are easing up on Rejuv costs to enable pre-hotting in preparation for burst situations. The mana cost reduction coupled with the next tier of gear should make this possible and apparently this is how they want the class to work. As far as shrooms go, I keep trying to use them. I've had moderate success in H Feng and H Spirit Kings but they are so weak I always think, why bother? Just make it into a mini Healing Rain and be done with it. Kind of like single shroom is to HR as riptide is to Rejuv.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Make them stationary HOTS or something with an PBAOE pulse
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Instead of a one minute cd that "blooms" all heals, what about a proc that resets the cooldown of swiftmend when you cast healing touch? Bam, reason to use that spell again. Like a 15% chance for the proc, or 10
Edited by Anoru on 12/22/2012 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
the proc chance could scale with like.... haste?

Also I am against sudden and dramatic changes.

EDIT: If it scaled with haste that could make a Soul of the Forest build pretty tight....
we'd be chain casting SW and HT lol.... Maybe make it not scale off haste that could end up being VERY op hahaha

EDIT 2: Cenarion ward is for specs other than resto imo....

You could also go the other way with it and make it proc off nourish, that would sort of make our medium hps rotations have a little more depth and control to them.... Make Nourish cost like 1000 less mana.... Do that regardless...

Basically the harder the decision of which spell to use is the more interesting the class is to play. That's all you need to worry a out as Devs. Never pander to random noobs QQing for buffs. Never make a class simpler or arbitrarily more powerful. Open up to us new avenues to increase our performance without lowering the skill-cap, but instead by raising it.

Continuing:

The problem with Resto Druids is that we do not have enough of a reason to use all of our spells as we should. Healing Touch? Too long to cast. Nourish? Too expensive to really ever choose over rejuv, except maybe to refresh lifebloom in low pressure environment, not alot of damage. Mushrooms? Not powerful enough, yes, but also too long. You could make all 4 mushrooms a single cast with a... 12 second cd? Then you are using 50% less gcds for the same effect. It would be interesting to see if that would make them too powerful for their role as a filler spell, but it would be a start, you'd have to keep eyes on it. Just don't do anything dramatic or crazy.
Edited by Anoru on 12/23/2012 12:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/21/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Sensations
Majority of the notes are pvp changes, you do realize that? Might want to wait a couple more patch cycles before you get the pitchforks.

^ is pretty much the truth of it.

We are in a decent place, especially with the Rejuv change and the Soul of the Forest change is also decently interesting.

Nourish needs some serious love, needs to either be ridiculously efficient even without a hot on the target, or be completely changed (2 ticks of rejuv > Nourish is sad)

We probably need some love on the 25 man healing front.

Cenarian Ward mana cost probably also needs to go to compete seriously with NS.

Would be fun if Wrath and Moonfire didn't cost so much mana so DoC might be a legitimate choice or even just so we have a filler spell since Nourish doesn't fill that role and it's often better to just do nothing and wait for mana/clearcast.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druid

Cyclone now has a 30-second cooldown for Feral Druids. In addition, it will now share diminishing returns with Banish, Seduction, Bind Elemental, Hex, Freezing Trap, Wyvern Sting, Gouge, Sap, Hibernate, Paralysis, Polymorph, Ring of Frost, Repentance, and Quaking Palm.
Symbiosis

Shattering Blow now has a 1.5-second cast time to align correctly with the Warrior version of this ability.

Displacer Beast has been redesigned. It now triggers Cat Form and grants 50% increased movement speed for 4 seconds after teleporting, and no longer activates Prowl.
Cenarion Ward now grants 100% increased healing.
Frenzied Regeneration now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
Tooth and Claw now scales 10% more efficiently with attack power.
Mastery: Nature's Guardian now provides 20% more armor per Mastery rating.
Rejuvenation now costs approximately 9% less mana.
Revive and Mark of the Wild now cost 55% less mana.
Faerie Swarm can now snare more than one target at a time.
Mass Entanglement now has a 30-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
Typhoon now has a 30-second cooldown (was 20 seconds).
The Treants summoned by Force of Nature now deal more damage and healing, and the Force of Nature tooltip will report the capabilities of these summoned pets.
Soul of the Forest

Balance: Now generates 40 Lunar or Solar energy upon leaving Eclipse.
Feral: Unchanged.
Guardian: Generates 3 additional Rage per Mangle.
Restoration: Now grants 70% Haste on the next spell cast after the Druid casts Swiftmend.

Nature's Vigil now has a 90-second cooldown (was 3 minutes), and now increases damage and healing done by 10% (was 20%).

/frown

Changing so much all at once? The whole point of having a rdruid in your comp is that cyclone's don't share a DR. Now they share a DR. Amazing.

/clap

I loved displacer beast.

:,(
Edited by Anoru on 12/23/2012 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
@ Anaru

Believe me, you and me both.

I get that it's the only healer spamable and non dispelable CC... but damn.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The SotF change is pretty nice/funny/unexpected. Couple of extra ticks on WG, woohoo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah alot of the changes are positive or just going sideways.... I might be forced to take Nature's Vigil now... Its just... I love Heart of the Wild so much! I really love to resto-kitty; so I probably won't switch out of it anyways but that's just pure playstyle choice.

*whisper* Reduce the cd of HotW pls! *whisper*

4 minutes? :,)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For me it's the opposite... I might take hotW over NV. 6% permanent increase to int or 10% increased healing every 90 secs for 30 secs. 10% increased healing isn't much of a CD. I don't know maybe if I trade in incarnation for SotF I might want to keep the little 90 sec CD so I feel like I have another CD besides Tranq. I guess I'd better make sure I have a stack of tomes.

It's early, maybe I shouldn't overthink it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/23/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Furycrab

For it to compete with NS it has to be free and that will be a cold day in Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/23/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Celestelle
I might take hotW over NV. 6% permanent increase to int or 10% increased healing every 90 secs for 30 secs. 10% increased healing isn't much of a CD

The only difference will be length of a particular encounter. NV will remain superior on longer boss fights.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/23/2012 06:33 PMPosted by Moophious

For it to compete with NS it has to be free and that will be a cold day in Orgrimmar.

It's duration has to increase/cd has to be lowered, I mean 6 seconds is easily enough to overheal. Especially in 25's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]