Resto Druid - Talents Improvement [PTR 5.2]

100 Tauren Druid
For me it's the opposite... I might take hotW over NV. 6% permanent increase to int or 10% increased healing every 90 secs for 30 secs. 10% increased healing isn't much of a CD. I don't know maybe if I trade in incarnation for SotF I might want to keep the little 90 sec CD so I feel like I have another CD besides Tranq. I guess I'd better make sure I have a stack of tomes.

It's early, maybe I shouldn't overthink it.

I think you are indeed overthinking it.
90sec cd with 30sec duration = 1minute of downtime = Essentially a 1minute cd.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
12/21/2012 11:37 PMPosted by Laminated
The rejuv mana cost reduction just screams "welcome back to Wotlk druids, we gave up on you"

They already have given up on Disc Priests. ~75% of our healing coming from one spell is almost like WotLK, except PoH isn't as fun to spam as PW:S.

So Disc and Resto get to be 1 button beasts and Holy Paladin's get a wildly varried toolkit. Anyone else see the humor in that?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/24/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Poena
The rejuv mana cost reduction just screams "welcome back to Wotlk druids, we gave up on you"

They already have given up on Disc Priests. ~75% of our healing coming from one spell is almost like WotLK, except PoH isn't as fun to spam as PW:S.

So Disc and Resto get to be 1 button beasts and Holy Paladin's get a wildly varried toolkit. Anyone else see the humor in that?

If you think a 9% mana reduction in rejuv causes resto druids to become "one button beasts" you got another thing comming. 9% reduction does not equal endless rejuv blanketing, far from it. Really it's not even a buff. It's a replacement for losing our 2pc bonus next tier, nothing more.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
I am so incredibly baffled at the Cyclone change. Like, I'm actually pretty upset about it. This is the first time ever I've actually been pissed at Blizzard for implementing a change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/21/2012 06:29 PMPosted by Zekeriki
you guys are completely clueless about what resto druids need right now.

IMO, they are completely out of touch with the gameplay of multiple classes. I'm not really sure why that is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Cyclone is to resto druids as grounding totem is to shaman, a warrior's pummel, a palladin's aura, a hunter's silence shot...

If it now shares a dr.... That basically will change the way resto druids are played entirely. This is a good thing for mid season.
Edited by Anoru on 12/24/2012 6:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/24/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Fleurs
I am so incredibly baffled at the Cyclone change. Like, I'm actually pretty upset about it. This is the first time ever I've actually been pissed at Blizzard for implementing a change.

I agree. In PvP Resto Druids don't have a high healing output compared to other healers. The way we went about was preventing damage and now that's gone. Maybe that means they're gonna buff out healing a bit. =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/24/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Tonydanza
If you think a 9% mana reduction in rejuv causes resto druids to become "one button beasts" you got another thing comming. 9% reduction does not equal endless rejuv blanketing, far from it.

Perhaps not with 9% but add 10% from 2-pc tier 14 -19% cost and you pretty much can do that a majority of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/26/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Dewan
Come Tier15 though nobody is going to be wearing Tier14 so you will not have that other 10%

Druids have kept their previous 2-pc tiers over new tier not so long ago. So I'd be a bit more cautious making blanket statements as fact.

The question will be - does the cost to switch outweigh the stats and bonus from t-15. 10% for our bread and butter spell is pretty damn huge right now and even come 5.2.

But then again we're talking a ways off here and nothing future is set in stone. That 9% might just go up and all this talk will come to naught and t-15 might be amazing or not.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm beginning to wonder if I will even have the T14 2pc bonus by the time T15 gear is here.

It's encouraging that they are making some changes to Rdruids since we are sometimes terribly ignored when there are patch changes, but it's discouraging that they ignored what I thought were our best suggestions: increase the healing throughput of shrooms, increase the diameter of Efflo, and scale Innervate with Spirit.)
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Hunter
12/22/2012 12:45 AMPosted by Merise
The rejuv mana cost reduction just screams "welcome back to Wotlk druids, we gave up on you". I run with a resto druid regularly, and from what I can tell, what druids really need is some group burst. Maybe a 1m cd that "blooms" all running hots or something like that. Maybe that would be op, I don't know. And does anyone actually use the mushrooms?

I do not believe druids will ever get a hard-hitting group burst. Instead they are easing up on Rejuv costs to enable pre-hotting in preparation for burst situations. The mana cost reduction coupled with the next tier of gear should make this possible and apparently this is how they want the class to work. As far as shrooms go, I keep trying to use them. I've had moderate success in H Feng and H Spirit Kings but they are so weak I always think, why bother? Just make it into a mini Healing Rain and be done with it. Kind of like single shroom is to HR as riptide is to Rejuv.

Say hello to lifebloom in BC....
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/22/2012 11:47 PMPosted by Anoru
Instead of a one minute cd that "blooms" all heals, what about a proc that resets the cooldown of swiftmend when you cast healing touch? Bam, reason to use that spell again. Like a 15% chance for the proc, or 10

That would be hard to deal with.

OK, got 8 seconds left on Swiftmend. Damage is incoming. Do I keep with my quick RG casts, or do I spend twice as long casting HT, hoping that it'll reset SM??

At least the Cenarion Ward change is a step in the right direction. It's taking a nearly useless ability (for resto) and at least TRYING to make it compete with the alternative.

In some cases, it may even surpass NS, yes? In an encounter without spike damage, but still high damage, being able to double the healing received by a target could be useful.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]