How us other healers see Discp Priest

90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.minus.com/ibbe4OXygOGcJU.gif

So I found this .gif and for some reason could not stop thinking how some of us healers feel about Discp ;)
Edited by Docpally on 12/27/2012 5:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey, I share. It's not my fault your co-healers are jerks. :-P
Reply Quote
OMG that is hilarious!

And like Tiriel, I also share. :P
Reply Quote
+1 docpally.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Holy crap ( no pun intended ), this is truly HILARIOUS!!

On a more serious note....this is true..... :(

PS: I feel like all Disc Priests in this post are going claim that they "share"...

I CALL BS!
Edited by Poxxie on 12/27/2012 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
LOL!!
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Poxxie
I CALL BS!

You can call all you like, but I share as much as I possibly can short of actually not healing at all. :P If my co-healer(s) truly can't manage to find anything to heal when I atonement heal probably 75% of the fight... I really can't be faulted for that. :/
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
12/27/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Morenn
You can call all you like, but I share as much as I possibly can short of actually not healing at all. :P If my co-healer(s) truly can't manage to find anything to heal when I atonement heal probably 75% of the fight... I really can't be faulted for that. :/

You win the good priest award....congrats...you're part of the 1%.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/27/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Morenn
I CALL BS!

Yay i'm part of the one percent too! also i still top hps charts when i go easy... damn these auto shields from atonement crits.
Reply Quote
As a disc priest, I will admit that this gif is a very accurate view on what happens during my raids.
Sometimes I feel sorry for the druid that heals with me, for I know all he can do is spam wrath.
Edited by Trollinhobo on 12/27/2012 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Poxxie

If this is truly the case, I apologize on behalf of the 99%. I will admit, though, I do have a hard time believing this... that is not to say you (or anyone else) is not being truthful, it's more I can't come up with a good reason in my own as to what fun is to be derived from intentionally being an !@#$%^ to your co-healers.

12/27/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Keirisonis
Yay i'm part of the one percent too! also i still top hps charts when i go easy... damn these auto shields from atonement crits.

This. Though I will say that recently I have been tempted to perhaps try for at least a fight or two as my druid co-healer likes to poke at me for being OP and I have half a mind to show him exactly what that *could* mean. :P
Edited by Morenn on 12/27/2012 6:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
12/27/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Morenn

If this is truly the case, I apologize on behalf of the 99%. I will admit, though, I do have a hard time believing this... that is not to say you (or anyone else) is not being truthful, it's more I can't come up with a good reason in my own as to what fun is to be derived from intentionally being an !@#$%^ to your co-healers.

It happens when you overheal content, the raw healing is shared amongst the raw healers giving each of them less to heal while the absorb heal steals it all. When you heal content w/ the minimum amount allowed or on progression heroics that isn't the case but most of the people who QQ disc steal their healing are overhealing normals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Oh man, I love this. It's so absolutely true. Makes me feel bad for my co-healz.
Reply Quote
12/27/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Sensations
It happens when you overheal content, the raw healing is shared amongst the raw healers giving each of them less to heal while the absorb heal steals it all. When you heal content w/ the minimum amount allowed or on progression heroics that isn't the case but most of the people who QQ disc steal their healing are overhealing normals.

Not to turn this into my personal rant because I have already ranted about this topic in IRC... but... just a tidbit...

I know. The problem with my particular set of co-healers is that we are overhealing, yet.. not. What I mean is when we drop to 2 healers (whether it be the druid or the shaman switching to DPS) their numbers only *very* slightly increase. Normally, I would assume, at least, that when going from disc + shaman + druid to disc + shaman or disc + druid that I would heal what I always heal (for the most part as my healing is pre-healing and does not hinge on how much there is to reactively heal) and the druid/shaman would pick up what was left over.. unfortunately that is not what happens. :( If it's 50/25/25 3 healing.. dropping to 2 healers results in 50/30/death :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HAHAHAHA, I am at work and I am crying with laughter.
Reply Quote
ROFL I loved that! Shared it with my teammates and guildmates.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
:D My intention was just make some of you laugh, like I did when I saw the Gif. I honestly do not think Discp is OP and the meters sometimes are miss interpreted, but that said, you have to agree, if you heal on other classes the Priest just flat out denying your heal is kind of like that dog ;)

Glad you guys liked it and laughed with it, so please just see this as sheer fun moment, no need to argue, we all like the whack a mole play style, that's why heal..right!? :D

Happy holidays to all.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I try to smite as much as I can in a lot situations. But there are other situations where I'm that dog. Or sometimes smiting does that for me like Elegon. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I feel like most of the people complaining about Disc Priests are the ones who are upset about having nothing to do in LFR.

Most of the time we just spam attonement spells (Holy Fire, Smite, Penance) and use PW:S to get Rapture on CD.

Before incoming damage... I decide based on the amount of gear the other healers have if I will use SS and AA to blanket the raid in shields. If their gear seems iffy (they just barely made it into LFR) then I will blanket the raid to try and help them conserve some mana; if their gear is good, then I will likely shield one group of people and resume smite spam to make the boss die faster.

@ OP: Amazing +1 to you :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
omg this gif. lolol. :3 <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]