How us other healers see Discp Priest

90 Pandaren Priest
I help my raid by doing what is needed and when. Of the three healers we have, I am the most equipped to put out DPS while keeping the tank stable and having CDs for heavy raid damage. I don't have to spam PoH for endless overheals to get my job done, and I shouldn't do that.

People like you are, quite honestly, why the spec needs a nerf badly.

You can still contribute significant DPS by weaving in Penance/HF into your PoH rotation. There's absolutely no reason to not DA stack when you can in order to give your other healers something to do and it does your raid no favours whatsoever.

Would you not use PW:B or request that the other healers hold on their CDs so that the meters look more balanced? It's really quite a double standard, seeing as proper DA stacking can result in pre-shields comparable to most raid CDs right now, and that can actually prevent deaths.

You're right though, healers like me highlight just how potent DA stacking is and present a good reason why its effectiveness should be reduced.
Edited by Ceddya on 1/3/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
There's two very different ways to use DA stacking:

1. Stacking DA in preparation for burst? Sure, go ahead.

2. Stacking DA for the purpose of sniping all the low damage phase heals due to absorbs? You're doing it wrong (do damage).

An example of point 1 would be Shek'zeer - you spirit shell one explosion and probably continue to cast PoH to get some aegis up for the next one.

An example of point 2 would be Blade Lord Ta'yak - you have spirit shell up for every Unseen Strike so there's not much point in DA stacking in between them as it would fall off anyways and the damage is just one big hit.

In 10mans especially the damage you provide can be extremely helpful in beating enrage timers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
01/03/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Amabella
An example of point 2 would be Blade Lord Ta'yak - you have spirit shell up for every Unseen Strike so there's not much point in DA stacking in between them as it would fall off anyways and the damage is just one big hit.

Are there people trying to stack DAs on Wind Step? That would be funny to witness, especially in raids with more than one Disc.
Edited by Ceddya on 1/3/2013 2:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/03/2013 02:53 AMPosted by Amabella
In 10mans especially the damage you provide can be extremely helpful in beating enrage timers.

Even in 5mans, it helps speed things up quite a bit. I even out dps'd one of the warlocks in the group while keeping everyone alive. It's like disc priests are the chloromancers of WoW now :P Now if we could only get lifetap, we'd be perfect :D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
There's two very different ways to use DA stacking:

1. Stacking DA in preparation for burst? Sure, go ahead.

2. Stacking DA for the purpose of sniping all the low damage phase heals due to absorbs? You're doing it wrong (do damage).

An example of point 1 would be Shek'zeer - you spirit shell one explosion and probably continue to cast PoH to get some aegis up for the next one.

I must have horrible RNG because I can never get a good spirit shell off, due to cry of terror. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Fluffychoo
I must have horrible RNG because I can never get a good spirit shell off, due to cry of terror. Lol.

You just have to time it. You will get to the point that you can tell when one of the bubbles is about to go off. It's okay to step out of the bubble and SS to prepare for that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
As a resto shaman running with a good, well geared disco and a holy priest, this thread made me smile. (and cry a little inside lol)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Found your thread on mmo-champ lol

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1243351-How-us-other-healers-see-Discp-Priest?p=19595336#post19595336

LoL can you believe they locked it and gave me a warning, go figure eheh.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
01/05/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Tiriél

You just have to time it. You will get to the point that you can tell when one of the bubbles is about to go off. It's okay to step out of the bubble and SS to prepare for that.

I always figured I was hurting the raid more with cry of terror damage offsetting my attempt to SS. Now I know better. :3
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/03/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Ceddya
^^ Morenn said it best.

Not really. If you're holding back and not casting so that your other healer has something to do, you're playing sub-optimally, especially since Disc is now mostly about pre-emptively shielding the raid via PoH/DA or SS. You *help* the raid best by playing to the best of your abilities, not by holding back.

I don't think anyone's talking about playing that way in a situation where it's progression content and you're wiping due to lack of heals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This Shammy loves Healing with Disc Priest. It means i dont have to worry about Mana...ever
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hahaha PW: Barrier down...no but it's really in how you play imo.
I have a Disc/Holy and haven't used holy since prepatch before LFR because it's uber fun to smite heal and just SS,PoH....Cascade also applies Divine Aegis making Attonement my top 3 healing abilities..but I still love this Mistweaver's heals a lot better.

I switched to monk mw as my main healer now.If not #1 in Overall healing I'm second or third with both so I really can't tell until I run my priest in 10man MoP.

So Disc OP? Nah...Eminence is nice and utilities make MW fun as heals.Dps healing isn't just for Disc.Besides in a few months you may say OMG that wasn't PW: Barrier...it was Life Cocoon(makes HoTs shine). Not to mention all those sphere's crit healing those who are smart enough to pick them up.

But I can relate,priest was my favorite healing class now it's just what I'm in the mood to roll when I cap valor and LFRs are done.Which is the day after reset.Check out some of the monk healing talents and don't count us out as the star of this gif. rofl.
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/monk/mistweaver/spec-builds-major-glyphs-minor-glyphs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5524/pohn.jpg

Even when I faceroll I press the right button.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://imageshack.us/a/img801/5524/pohn.jpg

Even when I faceroll I press the right button.

WHERE ARE YOUR PANTS?!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
ROFL! At work eating lunch right now, had to take a break to laugh so I wouldn't choke on my food.

*stomach hurting*
Reply Quote
I @*#%*!!@ discs in heals and absorbs. 3 buttons. HOLY SHOCK HOLY RADIANCE LIGHT OF DAWN. if you get bored pop one cd. its disgusting how OP paladin healers are.
Im really surprised that i Dont see more threads about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]