Surging Mist Suggestion

80 Human Priest
If you cast Surging Mist within 3secs after using Enveloping Mist on a target your Surging Mist cost 50% less mana but generates no Chi?

A glyph that gave us two chic instead of one when using this spell would be great too..

Another idea in addition would be...

TFT now causes your next surging mist to generate 3 chi in addition to it's other effects.
Edited by Primiez on 12/28/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reduce costs of surging mist.
Take soothing mist off the GCD. (takes 2 GCD's to switch targets, the one from the last spell + the one from the soothing).
^^ Mistweaver is fixed, but haste is still useless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/28/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Primiez
A glyph that gave us two chic instead of one when using this spell would be great too..

Not going to happen, blizz said glyphs were meant to be situationnal. Provide no clear absolute hps increase which that glyph would do. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying SMs mana cost is fine - !@#$ healing spheres.

12/28/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Primiez
TFT now causes your next surging mist to generate 3 chi in addition to it's other effects.

That could help fix the discrepency between how godly TFT uplift is compared to TFT SM. I mean TFT SM has 2 niches. PvP and tsulong...

not entirely sure I like the idea of forcing myself to tft with only 1 chi though in order not to chi cap.

12/28/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Yonä
Take soothing mist off the GCD. (takes 2 GCD's to switch targets, the one from the last spell + the one from the soothing).

This is kinda off mark. Every other healer also has to compose with similar behavior...if they were to cast a spell they would have to wait either to finish the cast or for the GCD to finish to swap heals to another target. There is already an upfront tick from SoM as well...

It would also make us ABSURD OP for pvp.
/cast Soothing Mist
/cast Surging Mist
/stopcasting

/cast Soothing Mist
/cast Enveloping Mist
/stopcasting

fully instant (uninterruptable) SMs and EMs with the added benefit of 1 tick of SoM for the mere ~3k additionnal mana that a tick costs.

Again on top of that, one could spam
/cast Soothing Mist
/stopcasting

and theoritically speaking do near infinite hps at increadibly efficient hpm.

I just think they need to increase the very first tick healing of SoM and the first ticks' mana cost accordingly somewhere between doubling and triping it. Maybe even tie it a full jab cost and add a 100% chi generation on the first tick which (although it would promote spam target swapping SoM) would actually make SoM a viable competitor to Jab in PvE and would make it somewhat more viable in PvP as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
If you cast Surging Mist within 3secs after using Enveloping Mist on a target your Surging Mist cost 50% less mana but generates no Chi?

But then our aoe healing is still random and nothing got fixed
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest

What?

My post had nothing to do with AoE healing. I am talking about single target..
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

What?

My post had nothing to do with AoE healing. I am talking about single target..

The only thing currently wrong with our single target healing is the numbers.

Our AoE healing is what needs serious mechanical tweaks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]