The Pacifist Challenge - New Player!

17 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello Feathermoon...ites?

I hope I did that right. Anyway, here goes!

I am somewhat new to the game, about a month in. After getting a druid to 76 alliance-side, I kinda started to get a little bored, wanting something that was a bit more challenging. So, I looked around the forums and on some videos on Youtube. I stumbled upon some chick named TradeChat and watched a few of her videos. Evidently, this is when I discovered 2 different leveling challenges: The Pacifist Challenge and the Iron Man Challenge.

I found both of them interesting, and decided to take up the former and accept the Pacifist Leveling Challenge. I am sure most of you are familiar with the rules of the Pacifist Leveling Challenge. However, for those who are not, you cannot kill anything. Quests that do not require you to kill something may still be done. However, I believe that Irenic of Mal'Ganis (US) has set the bar even higher by not completing a single quest in the process, as well as not doing a single dungeon.

So, with that in mind, I have set the following rules for myself:

1. No Killing.
2. No Questing.
3. No outside help (opportunistic moments may still be used [i.e. ganking a herb or mining node])
4. AH may be used for money.
5. No gear other than starting gear may be used (Collection tools are the exception).
6. No Instances.
7. No PvP.

I believe this is going to be a fun experience. If anyone wants to actually (and, this is a big IF) keep track and make sure I am not lying about progress, the Armory is always open. :)

That about does it! I would like to encourage others to attempt this challenge, as well! Right now, I am at level 9, and it has been interesting in dodging mobs in order to get XP.

Good luck to me, and all those who take up their own challenges!

-<>-Bransel-<>-

P.S. Oh, I am also doing this challenge in-character.
Edited by Bransel on 12/31/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Sounds much more like Iron Man challenge! And therefore, far too scary for me.

Good luck to you!
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Rogue
Sounds much more like Iron Man challenge! And therefore, far too scary for me.

Good luck to you!

The main difference is that the Iron Man Challenge allows you to quest and kill while leveling. The Pacifist Challenge does not afford such luxuries.

I just decided to add a few more stipulations for me to make it more interesting. Hehe. :)

And, thank you!
Edited by Bransel on 12/29/2012 7:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Wait, where do you actually get XP from then? Just gathering and exploration?

Maybe this is a noob question for the mighty tor to be asking but I have always just killed everything that moved.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Wait, where do you actually get XP from then? Just gathering and exploration?

Maybe this is a noob question for the mighty tor to be asking but I have always just killed everything that moved.

I am wondering the same
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I was under the impression for the pacifist challenge, you could do quests that didn't require killing things such as gathering or investigative quests. Without quests at all, I don't know where you'd get enough experience.
Reply Quote
It is possible to lvl by just exploring and gathering from nodes and herbs. I think Arch does as well.

Its quite a long grind..I wish you luck Bransel, with hopes your sanity will remain intact..I would probably lose it if I were to do this challenge
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I would agree in thinking that quests would be fine as long as they don't require you to kill things. Those seem to be few and far between at times.

Either way, good luck to you!

*edit* I especially have to say that I think it's awesome you're doing this IC. :-)
Edited by Jinglz on 1/9/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Sounds like fun. I've needed something fun to do lately.

Well, this is my Scryer's character, but all the same.
Edited by Kirae on 1/12/2013 5:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Not...kill...things...?
Reply Quote
17 Blood Elf Rogue
Keep in mind something:

When I get to level 20, I will also have Archaeology open to me to supplement my XP gain.

Also, I can still use the AH as a means of getting money for mounting. Besides, it's really the 1-60 that takes a long time. Once the character hits level 60 and have the money for flight training, it's absolute cake until later.

Though, most who do the Pacifist Challenge roll druids for the ease of leveling (stealth, heals. not insta-mount in Outland, Northrend, etc). I took Rogue for a bit more of a challenge.

Anyway, it's going ok. I made my way into the human lands of Redridge Mountains and am continuing my challenge there (Im in ur landz, stealin ur herbz).

Progress is being made!

*EDIT*

And, thank you again for all the luck!
Edited by Bransel on 1/14/2013 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
What do you do from levels 1-5 before you get the gathering professions? Just exploring?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ill just have to kill twice as many innocent villagers and cuddly creatures to fill the void you are leaving... in my heart...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]