Ret Paladin Changes.

83 Orc Death Knight
Ret Paladins were indirectly hit hard by recent patch changes.

The PvP power nerf.
-20% healing on Word of Glory, Holy Prism, Selfless Healer.
Battle fatigue buff.
-15% healing on Word of Glory, Holy Prism, Selfless Healer.

1 minute Trinket is especially hurtful for Ret, since we only had a 2 minute and 3 minute cooldown to stack with.

When the expansion came out. I leveld my paladin to do arena. But after the recent changes I really feel like Ret Needs to be changed or it will be hard one of the weakest specs. Especially considering most of the Healing changes were aimed at Shadow priests, which still are insanely superior in arena then ret paladins (which I also play).

Currently, Rogues, Disc, DKs, Ret, Elemental. Are underpowered for pretty specific reasons.
Don't get me wrong, those specs CAN still do arena! Skill and team coordination will always win you rating.

Proposed Changes.

Holy avenger = 1 minute cooldown (+15% damage /+10% healing for 18 seconds and generates total of 2 holy power instead of 3)

Rebuke for Ret paladins Becomes a 20 yard interrupt.

Sacred Shield scales stronger with Attack power. Since currently it equals half the Absorb of a Holy Paladin and is dispellable. I don't see why a talent should be half the strength with 2 specs and reach it's full potential as one spec.

Increase the duration of Templar's Verdict glyph to 8-10 seconds.

Make divine protection Castable while CC'ed!

And another Indirect Nerf of MOP. Paladin's always had a Disarm Duration Reduction within Talents! We nolonger have any of this and must wear a Weapon Chain on a 2 hander!
Disarm protection is a must And it should be added into the PvP set bonus!

So to Recap, Ret needs utility changes. Indirect nerfs hit us semi hard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Some good suggestions there...I doubt we'll see any changes in 5.2 though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't mind seeing an ability similar to a Monks Expel Harm. I'm jealous that monks have a 15 second cooldown that heals, damages, AND generates a resource.

Something that maybe triggers after we've taken a hit greater than 10% of our health. A shortish cd heal, about the same power as a WoG, and make the damage component scale based on how much damage you've taken the past few seconds. Seems very Retribution-like. PVE heroes would have an extra skill to look out for when their life spikes, as it would hit harder than crusader strike if landed after you took a substantial hit.

Been leveling a monk, and find myself angry that a lot of mechanics they have are better versions of what we have. Tiger Palm to keep tiger power up? I would !@#$ if inquisition did any kind of damage. Even a weak AoE would be really cool.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
The PvP power nerf.
Battle fatigue buff.
-30% healing on Word of Glory, Holy Prism, Selfless Healer.

corrected one part for ya it ends up being a total of -50% healing nerf

thats not including MS effects wgich bring it up to -75%
Edited by Frelikk on 1/11/2013 2:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/31/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Supernåtural
Especially considering most of the Healing changes were aimed at Shadow priests, which still are insanely superior in arena then ret paladins (which I also play).

It was? Why their Flash Heal then still costs 5.9% of mana while our FoL costs almost 40%?

Srsly blizzard..

Its the same story with the trinket, mage and wars hits too hard? Nerf the trinket! Which, coincidentally enough, was actually better for mages, since they can burst in 45s cd, now almost everytime with trinket on. Paladins (and other specs) that depends on the huge boost that the trinket provided gets even more crippled.
Edited by Syros on 12/31/2012 9:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ret paladins just need some minor adjustments in the utility and survivability.

If those changes are applied or looked into. Ret will be a viable thing, and not even overpowered.
Reply Quote
Proposed Changes.

Holy avenger = 1 minute cooldown (+15% damage /+10% healing for 18 seconds and generates total of 2 holy power instead of 3)

Rebuke for Ret paladins Becomes a 20 yard interrupt.

Sacred Shield scales stronger with Attack power. Since currently it equals half the Absorb of a Holy Paladin and is dispellable (prot/ret have about half the spell power of holy paladins). I don't see why a talent should be half the strength with 2 specs and reach it's full potential as one spec. Especially considering the alternative received a 45% nerf

Increase the duration of Templar's Verdict glyph to 10 seconds.

Make divine protection Castable while CC'ed!

And another Indirect Nerf of MOP. Paladin's always had a Disarm Duration Reduction within Talents! We nolonger have any of this and must wear a Weapon Chain on a 2 hander!
Disarm protection is a must And it should be added into the PvP set bonus!

So to Recap, Ret needs utility changes. Indirect nerfs hit us semi hard.

My god.
Zero Changes for Ret or Prot paladins in Regards to PVP for 5.2!!!!!!!!!!!

You know your Class is weak when you get rejected from RBG groups 9/10 eventhough I have 7 years wow experience 5 years paladin experience and rank 100+ experience 3v3.

Prot and Ret are so much weaker then their respective competition for Arena/RBG.

Nerfing stronger classes helps, but the underlying problem is the overall KIT weaknesses.

The Removal of Power to Healing, the stronger battle fatigue hit these two specs the absolute hardest considering Ret/Prot paladins were already borderline weak compared to Prot/Arms, Feral/Guardian druids for rbg and arena.

The changes I am proposing are LOGICAL changes that will help balance paladins.
Just these small changes would help increase the viability of non healer paladins. Since at the moment, Holy is in a good spot and does not need to be buffed what so ever.
Edited by Tdynasty on 1/11/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's about time we realise that Blizz don't want Ret on rated PVP. And they'll never admit it. It's like they feed on the pity other specs have on us, and the worst is that if something is wrong with anyone else except from Enchancement (our renegade brothers), they just do something about it. It's like we're on a blind spot. Or it's just bad will really.

Ret PVP is a FORSAKEN spec.

There's A LOT of topics like this, pointing ideas, explaining why this changes are needed and the FACT that there's no Ret representation on top PVP, the same as Rogue and Monks but when comes to Ret. "Ret is fine, you just need to learn to play better".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The PvP power nerf.
Battle fatigue buff.
-30% healing on Word of Glory, Holy Prism, Selfless Healer.

corrected one part for ya it ends up being a total of -50% healing nerf

thats not including MS effects wgich bring it up to -75%

No not -50% it is not additive.
First you have a 30% reduction on your heals due to nerf then the 20% applies.

So example lets say WoG heals for 100. 100 - 30% is 70%.
Then you are now in a pvp zone where the 20% battle fatigue kicks in.
So now its a WoG 70 heal - 20% which equals to WoG 56. So its more of a 44% healing nerf but it's close to what you said :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's about time we realise that Blizz don't want Ret on rated PVP. And they'll never admit it. It's like they feed on the pity other specs have on us, and the worst is that if something is wrong with anyone else except from Enchancement (our renegade brothers), they just do something about it. It's like we're on a blind spot. Or it's just bad will really.

Ret PVP is a FORSAKEN spec.

There's A LOT of topics like this, pointing ideas, explaining why this changes are needed and the FACT that there's no Ret representation on top PVP, the same as Rogue and Monks but when comes to Ret. "Ret is fine, you just need to learn to play better".
Stop bumping old threads.

12/31/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Luvok
Some good suggestions there...I doubt we'll see any changes in 5.2 though.
Ha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How about they give us our self-heals back, and our crit back on How. Oh and the real sacred shield! It ticks me off that Second Wind is basically the old Sacred shield but better.

I dont care much on utility, I like being a burst/offheal class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]