Burning Legion xpac?

90 Human Rogue
The prevalent thought seems to be that the next xpac will deal with the Burning Legion. Why? Why does everyone seem to think that the next expansion will have them in it? Stop me if I'm crazy but, didn't we already do the Burning Legion expansion? Why go back to the well so soon? I realize they weren't defeated, but the Burning Legion is sort of an omnipresent threat that's never defeated. Why not have an expansion that finally explores the Emerald Dream? Or something like that? It seems like there are plenty of places for the story to go before it goes to the Burning Legion...again.
Edited by Ryssia on 12/31/2012 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I thought they covered and solved the emerald dream problem in a book? There are alot of hints ingame suggesting that the legion is coming up next expac, but personally I am cool with anything as long as the ally/horde war simmers down and takes a back set.
Reply Quote
The prevalent thought seems to be that the next xpac will deal with the Burning Legion. Why? Why does everyone seem to think that the next expansion will have them in it?

- Wrathion warning that Azeroth needs to be united for the Legion
- Council of the Black Harvest warlock group being introduced(who also seem are going to get tied to Wrathion next patch)
- Turaylon and Alleria are to appear next expansion as mentioned by Metzen in the MoP launch event, and they were expected to be seen last Burning Legion expansion
- An NPC in MoP beta named Eric Tribeu also hinted at it with saying “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?”

Stop me if I'm crazy but, didn't we already do the Burning Legion expansion? Why go back to the well so soon? I realize they weren't defeated, but the Burning Legion is sort of an omnipresent threat that's never defeated. Why not have an expansion that finally explores the Emerald Dream? Or something like that? It seems like there are plenty of places for the story to go before it goes to the Burning Legion...again.

You could say the same about Cataclysm, where we fought the Black dragonflight, Twilight`s Hammer and elemetnals which was basically classic WoW.

It`s also been a few years since we really dealt with demons. One of the main major villains of the game is the Burning Legion, they are going to show up eventually and it probably won`t be the last time either.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
12/31/2012 03:45 PMPosted by Garoun
I thought they covered and solved the emerald dream problem in a book? There are alot of hints ingame suggesting that the legion is coming up next expac, but personally I am cool with anything as long as the ally/horde war simmers down and takes a back set.

From what I've heard they never completely removed the emerald nightmare, but it does seem like the emerald dream has come and gone in a book, which kinda sucks. Personally I'd prefer something like the Ocean expansion idea thats been floating around. It just seems a bit early to go back to fighting the legion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/31/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Lorgeth

From what I've heard they never completely removed the emerald nightmare, but it does seem like the emerald dream has come and gone in a book, which kinda sucks. Personally I'd prefer something like the Ocean expansion idea thats been floating around. It just seems a bit early to go back to fighting the legion.

I figure Azshara would be a final boss of an expac at some point. Even with the legion returning I doubt we are even going to see Sargeras rather we would be fighting Kil'jaeden.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Oh look another "oh hurp durp Emerald Dream expansion kid". How many times does it have to be said that the whole Emerald Dream story line is basically done and finished with. How would that even work for a whole expansion? Exactly it wouldn't.
Reply Quote
12/31/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Aratthor
Oh look another "oh hurp durp Emerald Dream expansion kid". How many times does it have to be said that the whole Emerald Dream story line is basically done and finished with.

It's been said zero times. If you had read Stormrage, the Nightmare has been delayed, not destroyed and already seeps back in Cataclysm.
12/31/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Aratthor
How would that even work for a whole expansion? Exactly it wouldn't.

It would as it would have for MoP. Just because you can't think of something doesn't make an expansion not viable.

Countless people also said after the MoP trademark that there was absolutely -no- way there could be an expansion about island of Pandaren. Guess what happened there? They made new lore up. Mogu, Mantid, Jinyu, Hozen, Virmen, Grummle, Saurok, Yaungol, Sprites, Sha made up just like that. They made it so Pandaria was a massive continent with different places and cultures.

It has also already been said that one expansion idea is the Emerald Dream. Heck, some would say the Caverns of Time are wrapped up with Murozond done, but they also said a Time expansion is another one of their ideas.

Really, after Pandaria no one should be questioning whether or not how much new lore Blizzard is willing to make for an expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Meh - the only ones who give two farts about the Emerald Dream are the Night Elves and the Green Dragons who rely on said Night Elves to do their job for them.

It might make decent patch material, but an entire expansion? No.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Meh - the only ones who give two farts about the Emerald Dream are the Night Elves and the Green Dragons who rely on said Night Elves to do their job for them.

It might make decent patch material, but an entire expansion? No.

This is pretty much where I stand on the subject of the Emerald Dream as an expansion, I mean could they make an expansion out of it with compelling reasons for most people, sure they could, but as it currently stands, I see a Burning Legion expansion simply being more likly.

Also despite the name of the Burning Crusade, there was very little actual conflict with the Legion, we fought a few expeditionary forces and halted one mini-invasion, the rest of the time was spent dealing with Illidari forces and other random agressive forces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]