The Non-Elitist Guide to RP! (silly thread)

90 Blood Elf Monk
Make your character the exact same person as an anime or video game character. No, I'm not talking about just a very light reference while still keeping your character's originality, or doing a parody character simply for silliness. I'm talking about really ripping off the character. For example, name your blood elf Sephiroth, give him the hair style, and RP him exactly as Sephiroth. Have a character named Cloud Strife, dress him up as close as possible, and give him a big sword. Name your pandaren Po, and RP him exactly like Po.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
There are two types of expressionists out in roleplaying, the Practicalists and the Abstractists. Even with this divison, it does not matter which you happen to be, just be who you want to be, not what someone else wants you to become, they can keep that in their thoughts, WHERE IT BELONGS! Laissez-faire!
Edited by Gearspin on 2/10/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
wow someone should sticky this thread! I am getting all sorts of amazing ideas for a new RP character! I am thinking a half dragon / half Chihuahua-worgen female dread-necromancer, who pregnant with a litter of pups that's father is a half demon / half draenei.

Her name will be Sukura Miomatsu, or to her friends Sakura-Chan, and she is currently going to be dating King Varian, who does not currently know she is preggo with someone else's litter, and one of her pups inside her trying to talk her into killing the king, so that it can bring forth a thousand years of darkness.

I'll buy the sandstone drake when I need to rp my dragon side, and keep a lot of Noggenfogger Elixir while I am RPing my chihuahua worgen side
What do you guys think? :D
Edited by Maive on 2/10/2013 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Death Knight
Do it.
Reply Quote
Remember, if you use growth potions, that means you are better than everyone else and can own them in a fight. Jump ten feet when in full plate armor? No problem! You're such a boss anyways, nobody will question you!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is your silly druid character boring you? Does it not have a tragic enough story? Don't sweat it! Make them die, and become a Death Knight! Still bored? Happen to be a Twilight fan? Make them a Darkfallen vampire! Who doesn't wanna be friends with someone who's always out to eat your face? And don't worry about the town guards. They don't pay attention to your kills because of how alluring you are in all your skimpy armor! Miss being a druid and tired of being a silly vampire? No worries! Just kill them off, and have them resurrected as a druid again! But keep the vampire bit. That's always a nice twist. For an added perk, give them an elf worgen enemy! They don't have to have an actual reason for hating each other. The fact that one's a werewolf and one's a vampire is reason enough!

(( True story. Every. Last. Word. ))

Uh oh. Did your character get beaten in a fight?! Yikes. That sucks. Maybe they were even KILLED! Don't sweat it. So long as you have a healer friend, they can fix you right up in no time! With no scars too! Just a wave of the hand and you're good as new, even if the death was by being burned alive! Why doesn't everyone do that?! Doesn't Varian know he can revive his wife with just a simple spell? Silly kings. So uneducated about how magic works.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Want to make a pandaren monk but have no idea what to do? Easy! Just base their character around these very simple traits:
a. Making tea
b. Trying to make peace with everything
The Burning Legion marauding at your doorstep? Pft, invite them in for some sakura tea and peace talks! They totally won't impale you on the spot and use your rotting corpse as some sort of demonic hood ornament. Make sure to pause a lot and add lots of '...' between your words. Other people may think that you have some sort of speech impediment, but no! You just say things really...slowly....to get the point....across!
As for your personali- Hey, let's make peace and have some tea!

For bonus points, take about twenty minutes to type a single sentence to REALLY show that you need to speak slowly to get your point across!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
wow someone should sticky this thread! I am getting all sorts of amazing ideas for a new RP character! I am thinking a half dragon / half Chihuahua-worgen female dread-necromancer, who pregnant with a litter of pups that's father is a half demon / half draenei.

Her name will be Sukura Miomatsu, or to her friends Sakura-Chan, and she is currently going to be dating King Varian, who does not currently know she is preggo with someone else's litter, and one of her pups inside her trying to talk her into killing the king, so that it can bring forth a thousand years of darkness.

I'll buy the sandstone drake when I need to rp my dragon side, and keep a lot of Noggenfogger Elixir while I am RPing my chihuahua worgen side
What do you guys think? :D

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! And female worgen already look like chihuahuas, so that will make your RP concept easy to pull off!

Back to the topic of worgen, a feral worgen is a worgen jerk who goes around picking peoples' pockets and starting fights in Stormwind's church. Then they act like puppies to get themselves out of trouble. Ignore those people who say that feral worgen are mindless with rage and have little trace of humanity in them. Mindless means to have no mind. Your worgen isn't stupid!
Reply Quote
And make sure when your in an rp fight to not get hit by any of your opponents attacks and act like they couldn't possibly do anything to harm you at all because your charecter is just that much of a boss!
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Jinnilyn
Good light above, why do I have to be a writer? Why does my mind have to give everything detail? WHY!?

You're just imagining it.

I've SEEN it. Never go to Goldshire with your MRP addon enabled.

are you kiding thats the best part about going into goldshire. That !@#$ is funny as hell!
Reply Quote
Also make sure you always comment how there are always W H O R E S in silvermoon. Make sure if your a blood elf you appoint yourself as a High warlord in Garrosh's army because orcs love you that much. You must always be in a tavern all day every day don't go anywhere else in the city or any where around the world for that matter just stay in the tavern all day every day even though you are such an important individual. Also act jaded all the time and PLEASE PLEASE do not let anything ever trigger any emotional response whats so ever because feelings are for pussies.

If you're a blood elf female be happy and good to everyone all the time espically if you are a warlock. Also if your a warlock have your demons out in plain site all the time in cities that hate warlocks like orgrimmar. Your demons are your friends also they totally serve willingly They would never contimplait ripping your soul out and feasting upon it to gain your power.

If you are a freelance assassin/contract killer that dosn't work for the Horde for the love of God tell everybody because they all need to know how much of a bad @$$ you are. Also use shadowstep to get out of everything and I mean EVERYTHING! EVERY EMOTE SHOULD HAVE A SHADOW STEP!
Edited by Xarduss on 2/15/2013 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
To avoid being accused of a godmodder, let your character take a hit, but shrug it off as if it were nothing, or simply state that you took a hit then attack without acknowledging the affects of being hit. What? You TOOK a hit! It counts!

Also, if you are smart enough to come up with a way to avoid a blow, do it. Always do it. We are not bound by dice rolls, or bonuses and penalties like table-top RPGs, which could result in the best of ideas going wrong or the most expert fighter making an error in judgement. Yep, your character is always 110% aware of his surroundings, 200% prepared for anything that can happen, and will never, ever make a mistake that will cost him because you, the player, are smart enough to think of ways to get out of a mess. Always.

((I absolutely -DESPISE- RPers that do this. Just because you can think of a way to avoid harm or failure on your character in every situation doesn't mean you SHOULD pull it off and let your character get off free every. Single. Time. People make mistakes, and our characters don't have the luxury of sitting behind computer screens and carefully thinking out every single move they can make.

Edited to make less ranty.))
Edited by Kailiang on 2/16/2013 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]