Faction transfer - A Test of Valor reset?

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
If you faction transfer while you still have the quest "A Test of Valor" in progress, does your valor earned get reset? I can't tell how much valor I've earned so far (no progress tracking in this quest for some reason) but I think I have 4k of the 6k already. I would hate to see this completely reset to 0.
90 Draenei Shaman
According to a comment on wowhead, it'll reset.
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8030/a-test-of-valor#comments:id=1761879:reply=607312
Edited by Novalas on 1/1/2013 12:59 PM PST
Support Forum Agent
I'm afraid so, Roxstar. Usually only completed achievements will transfer, those still in progress, especially tally achievements, may not.

From the comments on the page that Novalas listed, you should be able to use the following command if you want to track it.

/run AddTrackedAchievement(8031)

Edit: Which doesn't seem to work so disregard.
Edited by Vrakthris on 1/1/2013 3:27 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
You can check progress under the Dungeons and Raids > Pandaria achievements. For you, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gilneas/Roxstar/achievement#96:15110:a8030

you have 4565/6000. There's no way I'd transfer in your shoes. Max valor for 2 more weeks and then do it.
90 Tauren Paladin
The dungeon and raids one could be a bit off due to it could of been tracking it just before they got the quest

the Achievement under the quest > pandaria section at the bottom will track it correctly though from when you got the quest
90 Night Elf Druid
Doh. I meant Quests. Thanks for catching that.
100 Orc Death Knight
just wait 2 weeks yo
90 Night Elf Druid
@Vrakthris

/run AddTrackedAchievement(8031) is *bugged*, always reports 0/6000 (at least for me).

If one goes to Achievements (Y); Quests; Pandaria; and scroll to the bottom to 'A Test of Valor' and click on the 'Track' button one gets the proper number in the Objectives window.
Support Forum Agent
Well that seems fairly useless then. Thanks for letting me know, Acornbrain.
90 Pandaren Monk
@Vrakthris

/run AddTrackedAchievement(8031) is *bugged*, always reports 0/6000 (at least for me).

If one goes to Achievements (Y); Quests; Pandaria; and scroll to the bottom to 'A Test of Valor' and click on the 'Track' button one gets the proper number in the Objectives window.

Must just be bugged for you, I tried it after seeing it in this thread and it showed up as 1065/6000.
100 Human Paladin
Damn. That sticks. Guess it teaches all the people the defect a good lesson.
90 Human Death Knight
Would there be any plans and/or intent to fix this bug?
Support Forum Agent
01/01/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Aarkan
Would there be any plans and/or intent to fix this bug?

I don't believe it is considered to be a bug, so I'm not certain how likely that would be.
90 Troll Druid
Ok, So I've seen sooooo many people complaining about not being able to track the progress on "A Test of Valor"

The problem with this, is that it doesn't do so in the quest HOWEVER! if you take a second to go through your achievements list, you shall find that if you go to Quests-Pandaria and scroll ALLLLLLLLL the way to the bottom you see a separate achievement labelled the same as the quest you are on "A Test of Valor" this in fact does track the progress. Currently I stand at 4745/6000.

Cheers!
90 Worgen Warlock
I'm afraid so, Roxstar. Usually only completed achievements will transfer, those still in progress, especially tally achievements, may not.

From the comments on the page that Novalas listed, you should be able to use the following command if you want to track it.

Gotta love being forced to pay for a service that other MMOs are starting to offer for free in limited ways. Especially when said service routinely screws up quests/achievements.
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah, this needs to be fixed. Saying its not considered a bug is cool but its also pretty lame.
100 Orc Shaman
HC

Gotta love being forced to pay for a service that other MMOs are starting to offer for free in limited ways. Especially when said service routinely screws up quests/achievements.

Well there is an FAQ saying what transfers over and what doesn't(Albeit very general). Only one person is at fault.
Edited by Sensations on 1/1/2013 10:50 PM PST
91 Human Death Knight
You can track it very easily. Go into the Achievements Panel and find the actual achivement "A Test of Valor" under Quests -> Pandaria, and turn on tracking for that.

The Quest itself only tracks whether or not you've completed the achievement (binary, yes or no). But the achievement tracks the amount of valor you have gotten, ie 4250/6000 like other accumulation achievements.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
8031 is achievement id for Horde version, 8030 is for Alliance. ;)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know that faction xferr's used to wipe your Argent Tournament Progress, even if you had the crusader title.

If I faction xferr'd the character I earned the crusader title/achieve with, will that still wipe out everything? How does this work???
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]