(RP) January Events (add yours!)

90 Tauren Shaman
(( I am doing this each month to keep things up-to-date. Gaythiel's thread is no longer being maintained, but you are welcome to peek at it for some helpful links & tips: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3530213052 ))

**You are still WELCOME to post a detailed thread for your event! But be sure to note it here as well so everyone can see the monthly happenings in one place. Thank you!**

A scroll is tacked to a nearby wall. Upon taking a closer look, one would be able to see dates and notes scrawled on it. It's smudged with grease and burned a bit. A Pandaren symbol is stamped in the corner.

(( Use this format for posting your events... or else just submit whatever info you're comfortable with. Including a contact name might help people find you for your gathering! ))

Date/Time:
Event Name & Faction:
Notes:

JUMP TO:

This Month's RP Events - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414956276?page=1#2
On-Going RP Events - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414956276?page=1#3
Edited by Jinglz on 2/4/2013 8:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
**JANUARY CALENDAR of EVENTS**

"Please check this announcement throughout the month for updates! All are welcome to add their events." - Jing-Zu 'Jinglz' Jadepaw

January 3rd (Thursday)
'Gathering' - Horde
Hosted by: The Cartographic Society

January 7th (Monday)
'The Way of the Horde - Orgrimmar' - Horde
Draenosh'ar Blockade thru Orgrimmar to Valley of Wisdom, 6:30-8 o'clock (PM server)
Hosted by: Thundering Hammer Clan
(( See post link below for more info! ))
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415495025
(submitted by Thorgrun)

January 9th (Wednesday)
'To the Streets' - Horde
Darkmoon Faire, 5 o'clock (PM server)

January 9th (Wednesday)
'Trade Caravan' - Horde (all welcome to watch)
Starts at Bilgewater, 7 o'clock (PM server)
(( On-going event - this one is stand-alone ))

January 9th (Wednesday)
'Featherbrainz!' - Open to all who RP!
Feathermoon IRC Channel ( http://bit.ly/Rwmdjg ), 6 o'clock (PM server)
(( See his reply below for more details ))
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7414956276?page=1#7

January 13th (Sunday)
'To the Streets' - Horde
Fishing outside Undercity, 5 o'clock (PM server)

January 15th (Tuesday)
'Trade Caravan' - Horde (all welcome to watch)
Sets sail from Bilgewater, 6 o'clock (PM server)
Hosted by: Pablofranco (TB server)
Ends in Ratchet at around the start of that nights' "The Kodo".
Come to help in the trade of profit, culture, and unity.

Janueary 20th (Sunday)
'Heretic' - Horde
Statue of Sylvanas in Brill, 8 o'clock (PM server)
Hosted by: Malaki
This is the last heretic event for Brill. The fool will be thrown out by his fellow Forsaken.

January 27th (Sunday)
'To the Streets' - Horde
Pandaren Tales in Moonglade, 5 o'clock (PM server)

Edited by Jinglz on 1/21/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
**ON-GOING EVENTS**

Check the monthly listings above for more details if possible.

Every Tuesday & Thursday
'The Kodo' - Horde (Alliance welcome to come for a drink)
Ratchet Inn, 7 o'clock (PM server)
Hosted by: Zephyr Crew
(( Tavern-type gathering ))

Every Other Wednesday
'Trade Mission' - Horde (Alliance may come only if they plan to attack the Caravan)
Different locations based on the story line - 7 o'clock (PM server)
(( It is a travelling wagon train which you can either join in the act or just watch the show. We are always looking for new trade routes, any group or single soul can hire us. Contact Noslferatu ))

(Dates & locations listed above /ea month)
'To the Streets' - Horde

Edited by Jinglz on 1/5/2013 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Please feel free to spread the word & note your events, big or small. Even simple RP walk-ups are welcome!

I hope this helps stir up even more RP on our beloved Feathermoon! ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Hey Jinglz, the Gathering event is no more but, tomorrow is something else by the Catographic Society that's called gathering by our guys.
Also, because the story has progressed to Kalimdor, the next Trade mission will be at Bilgewater and is a stand alone. That event is on the 9th and the Wednesday after will be in Ratchet.

Thanks for keeping up your threads : )
Edited by Noslferatu on 1/2/2013 6:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You're welcome Nos. To make things easier for me, can you list the date/time/location/event in an additional reply so I can add them that way? I am too easily confused, lol. :-) (You can also write me in-game if that's easier for you - or add a calendar invite so I can grab the info that way)

I will go ahead and remove the 'Gathering' event. Thanks for the heads up!

*edit* I will do my best to at least update the Trade Mission, as I think I understand that. Again thanks!
Edited by Jinglz on 1/2/2013 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Featherbrainz!

Date and Time: /9/13, 6pm Pacific Time
Where: On the Feathermoon IRC channel ( http://bit.ly/Rwmdjg )
Faction: Open to all, as long as you RP somewhere
Contact Person: Bricu

Notes: What is featherbrainz? It is a regular gathering of like minded RPers to discuss RP issues (plans, failed plans, drawbacks and future ideas).

Bring your ideas and concerns. While we won't necessarily plan the full event, we do hope to help connect more like-minded RPers.

edit 1: Making sure I follow Jaerika's format.
Edited by Bricu on 1/3/2013 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Thank you Bricu. If you have a forum post up for this, let me know. I'll keep my eyes peeled. ;-) Otherwise, I will link to your reply for more details. Edit as needed!

*PS* Don't worry too much about following my 'format'. I just have notes to help people remember details to include that might help others learn about their event/etc. I just jot things as simply as I can to make it easy for people to scan at-a-glance.
Edited by Jinglz on 1/3/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
bump
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Hunter
Correcting information on The Cartographic Society events:

Contacts are Tufak, Vynistus, Tahlian, Syrithreal or Vigornox.

Events are -

Jan 9th - To the Streets, Darkmoon Faire
Jan 13th - To the Streets, Fishing outside Undercity
Jan 27th - To the Streets, Pandaren Tales in Moonglade

All events are at 5pm Feathermoon Server
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Thank you Tufak, I will add those for you!

PS - I would really love it if you hopped in each month and helped out with event dates/locations for your guild so that I can help announce them for you. :-)
Edited by Jinglz on 1/5/2013 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alliance RPers are SLACKING and need to add their events to a calendar that is DOMINATED BY THE HORDE.

For the Horde, !@#$%es.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alliance RPers are SLACKING and need to add their events to a calendar that is DOMINATED BY THE HORDE.

For the Horde, !@#$%es.

There are far less RP alliance side anymore. I think the only big events going on are The biggest one of them all The Rose Ball (which i always look forward too) and a few things they do on the side from time to time. Not sure you would call my event an RP event, but mostly a gathering for free items. But mostly RP is dead Alliance side.

Sad as that is
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I would guarantee it's not 'dead' at all. Not long ago - and even still to this day - people said RP was dead H-side too. I've found that it was just 'hidden' in a way.

I know I call this calendar a grouping of 'events' but that's really a misnomer. I welcome ALL RP - even simple gatherings of "hey, I'm here on this day, come along for some walk-up RP".

If you notice, *most* of the rp 'events' each month on H-side are similar to that. :-) I think if people put something on the calendar and others see it and attend, it helps foster the excitement for RP.

Maybe help spread the word about this thread A-side and see if anyone want to pop in and add their simple happenings?

(*added* - I keep trying to tweak the format of this monthly 'calendar' so people don't feel they have to be limited to 'big' RP events only. So please bear with me on that!)
Edited by Jinglz on 1/6/2013 11:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

For the Horde, !@#$%es.

There are far less RP alliance side anymore. I think the only big events going on are The biggest one of them all The Rose Ball (which i always look forward too) and a few things they do on the side from time to time. Not sure you would call my event an RP event, but mostly a gathering for free items. But mostly RP is dead Alliance side.

Sad as that is

Tuesday night, the Riders are either:
1) at the hozen
2) At the pig
3) doing color commentary on the fights in the Brawlers Guild.

Also, a-side we have /buzzbox as a universal RP channel. There are a plethora of other channels to find (roses, riders, boomsticks and other all have a few that are semi-public). We also (well, most of us) also have either MyRP or FlagRSP active. So if you want to RP with us, we're totally around.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Ok, sorry Tufak. Since I had no useable contacts from yall except Vynistus and his monthly events, I thought your to the streets were for guild only.
Great move Thorgrun, nice way to get the Alliance players to pipe up.
And I wish more Horde used MyRP. Though If more also got the GHI addon, there would be much more avenues of RP to explore.
Reply Quote
I was enjoying the "Alliance RP is dead" narrative much more Bricu. It dovetails nicely with the "Alliance PvP is dead" meme - of which I am also a fan.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Tuesday night, the Riders are either:
1) at the hozen
2) At the pig
3) doing color commentary on the fights in the Brawlers Guild.

Are you able to give any loose 'ongoing', etc. details so I can add you to my events listing? Even a general note would be great. :-) Time/etc. I'd love to include it!

Feel free to spread the news about my monthly threads on your faction so more things can be noted for A-side.
Edited by Jinglz on 1/7/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
01/06/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Thorgrun
I was enjoying the "Alliance RP is dead" narrative much more Bricu. It dovetails nicely with the "Alliance PvP is dead" meme - of which I am also a fan.

That's what I'm here for: Ruining things you like.

For instance, that last baby you ate? Totally made out of marzipan.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Hunter
Ok, sorry Tufak. Since I had no useable contacts from yall except Vynistus and his monthly events, I thought your to the streets were for guild only.
Great move Thorgrun, nice way to get the Alliance players to pipe up.
And I wish more Horde used MyRP. Though If more also got the GHI addon, there would be much more avenues of RP to explore.

I'm not upset at all. Just somebody brought to my attention that there was incorrect information and I stepped in to fix that.

And I'lll try to remember to pop by next month with the updates too, Jinglz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]