[Bug] Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and his MC

90 Tauren Warrior
Hello,

While running HoF today with my guild, we encountered a strange bug on the first boss on our 3rd attempt. As we got him onto the third platform, he used his convert to mind control two people. Needless to say, it was a wipe so we were expecting to come back in and give it another go. However, the hunter who was mind controlled was never released from the mind control, and so he was stuck like that until he closed down WoW from the task manager.

This seems like a rare bug, but I figured it's worth pointing out. If anyone else has experienced this, let me know. I found it to be quite strange.
Edited by Destronoma on 1/2/2013 10:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
This has been happening to us on our H-Zorlok attempts at least 3 or 4 times a night. This bug is effectively adding an hour on average to our progression nights. This is an absolutely unacceptable bug and it needs to be addressed or fixed soon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
bump
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/02/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Maleviolent
This has been happening to us on our H-Zorlok attempts at least 3 or 4 times a night. This bug is effectively adding an hour on average to our progression nights. This is an absolutely unacceptable bug and it needs to be addressed or fixed soon.

That definitely sucks if it's been happening so frequently.

Hopefully we can get a blue response for this. I'm wondering if they knew this bug existed.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
I'm sure they're aware, but it's very low on their list of things to fix.

I'm sure if a blue were to respond it'd be the typical "well, you get a chance at more epics on trash!" nonsense. ;_;

Really irritating.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
This has been happening to my raiding team as well. Ultimately we've had to resort to hard resets of the instance. It's pretty weak.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/03/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Ryegeleye
This has been happening to my raiding team as well. Ultimately we've had to resort to hard resets of the instance. It's pretty weak.

Yea, that's definitely not good.

It definitely sucks for us because we only raid for about 3 hours twice a week, so having to do a hard reset everytime that happens definitely cuts into our time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
What are the circumstances that causes this issue to happen?

Is the mind control going out during the wipe? (Only two players left alive, MC goes out, fight resets, bug occurs)

Are players MC'd, then the group is killed?

Does this only occur if a pet class gets MC'd?

Is the boss actually resetting (despawning then respawning), or is he staying in combat with the people who are perpetually MC'd?

Is a MC'd player getting the killing blow on the last player?

Is the MC'd player using a combat drop or some other ability (feign death) which causes the MC to not be removed?

Providing specific information when you notice an issue allows it to be fixed faster. Saying "Sometimes this happens and you need to fix it now!" doesn't help Blizz at all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Is the mind control going out during the wipe? (Only two players left alive, MC goes out, fight resets, bug occurs)

Is the boss actually resetting (despawning then respawning), or is he staying in combat with the people who are perpetually MC'd?

Is the MC'd player using a combat drop or some other ability (feign death) which causes the MC to not be removed?

Providing specific information when you notice an issue allows it to be fixed faster. Saying "Sometimes this happens and you need to fix it now!" doesn't help Blizz at all.

The problem is that I don't think people know what causes this bug to happen (I certainly don't. I've only seen it happen once).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You don't need to know the exact cause, but making observations about what was happening when a bug occurred can greatly assist in narrowing it down. Kudos to you for reporting it, my comment was more directed at the person apparently seeing this every week :)
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

I'm sure we've been over that already.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
This happened to my raid group as well last night. Myself (bm hunter) and our monk healer were mind controlled as we wiped. As we were wiping, I noticed myself using Scare Beast on my temporary Dire Beast pet. I did not see it die or its' corpse on the ground but I did see my permanent pet dead at the time. The boss did not reset and the monk healer eventually died to poison gas in the middle. I, however, did not die and stood there motionless and unable to control my character or even log out. The boss and its Attenuation Echo just stood there channeling Song of the Empress.

Anyone who tried to re-enter the instance was killed by Song of the Empress. I force quit the WoW process and tried relogging and could move around but received the error message "You cannot do that while charmed." when I tried to use Feign Death, Hearthstone, or any other abilities. After that I force quit WoW again and logged into an alt until I saw my hunter go offline. I then logged back into him and finally died and was able to release but the boss had still not reset.

At this time my raid leader tried resetting the instance and I re-entered. I got the Heart of Fear loading screen, then a brief flash of a different loading screen before being ported to the graveyard and received the error message "You are already locked to Heart of Fear" despite having not killed any bosses yet. My raid ID also showed that I had not killed any bosses in Heart of Fear.

We went elsewhere while the instance soft reset but coming back 30 minutes later, I still couldn't enter the instance because "You are already locked to Heart of Fear". I tried leaving raid and forming my own raid group to get in, but then I got the "You have entered too many instances recently" error. Another member of the raid group (not the raid leader or monk who was MC'd) formed a raid group and entered the raid and got the "You are already locked to Heart of Fear" error message.

Hopefully something in this report can help you fix this encounter because it was very frustrating to lose a whole night of progression to this bug.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This happened to my raid group as well last night. Myself (bm hunter) and our monk healer were mind controlled as we wiped. As we were wiping, I noticed myself using Scare Beast on my temporary Dire Beast pet. I did not see it die or its' corpse on the ground but I did see my permanent pet dead at the time. The boss did not reset and the monk healer eventually died to poison gas in the middle. I, however, did not die and stood there motionless and unable to control my character or even log out. The boss and its Attenuation Echo just stood there channeling Song of the Empress.

Anyone who tried to re-enter the instance was killed by Song of the Empress. I force quit the WoW process and tried relogging and could move around but received the error message "You cannot do that while charmed." when I tried to use Feign Death, Hearthstone, or any other abilities. After that I force quit WoW again and logged into an alt until I saw my hunter go offline. I then logged back into him and finally died and was able to release but the boss had still not reset.

At this time my raid leader tried resetting the instance and I re-entered. I got the Heart of Fear loading screen, then a brief flash of a different loading screen before being ported to the graveyard and received the error message "You are already locked to Heart of Fear" despite having not killed any bosses yet. My raid ID also showed that I had not killed any bosses in Heart of Fear.

We went elsewhere while the instance soft reset but coming back 30 minutes later, I still couldn't enter the instance because "You are already locked to Heart of Fear". I tried leaving raid and forming my own raid group to get in, but then I got the "You have entered too many instances recently" error. Another member of the raid group (not the raid leader or monk who was MC'd) formed a raid group and entered the raid and got the "You are already locked to Heart of Fear" error message.

Hopefully something in this report can help you fix this encounter because it was very frustrating to lose a whole night of progression to this bug.

This might be the best post I've read about this so far.

Hopefully Blizz can do something about this quickly.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
If someone tries to survive the wipe during the MC it happens. We have seen it twice, both times due to someone trying to not have to run back.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Some kind of response that this is a known issue would be amazing. After wiping on this boss at 4%, having him bug out and do this again is so frustrating.

Additionally, we made every single person zone out and wait a full 30 minutes before going back in. The instance hard reset - for like 23 of us. Not ONE SINGLE PERSON walked into the dungeon before that time was up, because I was watching grid and everyone's location the whole time. But not for the other 2.

TLDR: This is !@#$ing stupid.
Edited by Ryegeleye on 1/9/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Some kind of response that this is a known issue would be amazing. After wiping on this boss at 4%, having him bug out and do this again is so frustrating.

Additionally, we made every single person zone out and wait a full 30 minutes before going back in. The instance hard reset - for like 23 of us. Not ONE SINGLE PERSON walked into the dungeon before that time was up, because I was watching grid and everyone's location the whole time. But not for the other 2.

TLDR: This is !@#$ing stupid.

Yea, that sounds pretty ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]