Disc Priest and RBG

90 Human Priest
I just wanted to get your thoughts and a general idea on Disc priests in RBGs. I'm currently in the ~1600 bracket in RBG and have experience in the 2100 bracket. Typically when I whisper an RL as a Disc Healer I receive no response or "lol disc". My question to you is this:

If you are disc, what is your current bracket and how hard is it to find a group?

If you a RL, do you typically bring disc? What rating would you stop bringing a disc?

If you're neither, do you typically have a disc in your group? Do you focus them in RBG? Whats your rating?

Thanks all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Disc Priests don't get good till around 10-12 malev pieces. If your a disc priest with anything less, your more then likely looked at as a gimp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for the tip. I'm at 4 pieces right now and saving for my staff next week. I'm not pushing my RBG rating right now without my weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I like Disc in RBG's for mass dispell, but I may be a tard.

Anyhow look at openraid.us

plenty of people LF teams on that website.
Reply Quote
49 Worgen Druid
As an rbg leader, I see healing priests as a liability because they are dead. A lot.

I'd feel somewhat slighted by Ghostcrawler's recent comments. He said that people aren't taking priests to rbg because they are taking shamans. It's obviously more than that...priests are either broken and/or shamans, druid, paladins and even monks are too strong. The issue I hear most of is mana.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Pretty much what most rbg leaders say is the same thing the above poster mentioned. Survivability, and mana problems. I do premade cta alot instead of rbgs, just dont care to do rbgs at all, its pretty much the same thing when there's a disc priest waiting to get in they won't be picked over hpal/rsham/rdruid..

Im not going to lie to you, you're going to have to get your resilience up to over 9k if you want to see a difference in your survivability, because our survivability does suck aside from our mana problems and you're around 5k.

Disc priests are always the first target to explode when it comes to premades so stack that resilience up as high as you can. You can't bubble/cc like a pally, you dont have escape mechanics/cc and survivability talents a druid has, you dont have the utility and survivability a resto shaman has, you dont have the mana bar of any of those classes have and you dont have any insta cast big heals you can drop a la natures/ancestrial swiftness, etc, so..

What you bring to the table is mass/offensive dispels, a situational leap of faith, shields and a fear that you have to run into melee range to pop, or a root if you spec for it, or a single target psyfiend fear, but that thing loves to target hunter and warlock pets over human players in bgs. Would have been nice if we could get both psyfiend and void tendrils for some more utility..it hurts that void tendrils/psyfiend and mind control are all of the same tier of talents..would be neat if they could swap one of those talents out with another skill on another tier like our lvl 75, or even last tier. Our last tier is nothing to write home about honestly compared to other classes last tiers...nothing that makes me say "wow" like when my warrior used to be my main and I saw avatar.
Edited by Xpotiom on 1/6/2013 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
there is one survival button "pain suppression" on a lengthy 3 min cooldown which is just a joke as it's nothing compared to what other healers get
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just a quick update: I re-gemmed and re-enchanted some gear then led an RBG team to 5-0 and raised my rating from ~1620 to 1786. On Tuesday I get my weapon and with that hopefully open up the possibility for higher ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
As an RBG leader myself, I just wanted to say to Angeless, you are a skilled PVPer and deserve an award imo. No bs. It's not easy to take the gear and class/spec you have and accomplish what you've done. Congrats on your higher rating and pre-grats on your pvp weapon, as it will make a world of difference.
Edited by Dungflinger on 1/7/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/07/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Dungflinger
As an RBG leader myself, I just wanted to say to Angeless, you are a skilled PVPer and deserve an award imo. No bs. It's not easy to take the gear and class/spec you have and accomplish what you've done. Congrats on your higher rating and pre-grats on your pvp weapon, as it will make a world of difference.

Thanks Dungflinger. It's still a challenge getting into RBG groups or Arena teams as most refuse to play with a Disc (mostly due to what they've read online). I feel as if I hold my own for the most part. My rating is up to 1841 this week and look forward to even more points next week. Next week I have the potential to receive up to 4 pieces of gear (2 from Sha and 2 from Conquest Purchase) and I hope this will further increase my opportunities to get into groups.

On a side note, I joined a 1500 3's team on Saturday and played 78 games up to 1809 rating. The next day, the DK invited a Mistweaver to the team and kicked me off of it so I won't receive points for it. #Lifeofadisc
Reply Quote
6 Undead Priest
Disc priest is primary target if you queue. Every single time. It is so easy to train you, especially with battle fatigue. Your shields won't help you.

Sorry, but you are just a liability to your team unless you are heavily geared.

Or just go shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Revolt, I get trained all the time. A good disc survives with Pain Supp, Focused Will, Barrier, and Spectral Guise. Compared to other healers, i can actually get away with Spectral Guise, they have to sit there and take it. My guess is IF you ran with a Disc, he probably wasn't highly rated thus your negative stigma is exactly the problem all Discs run into.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
why dont priests go holy for rbgs its amazing
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Disc priest is primary target if you queue. Every single time. It is so easy to train you, especially with battle fatigue. Your shields won't help you.

Sorry, but you are just a liability to your team unless you are heavily geared.

Or just go shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
01/17/2013 07:43 AMPosted by Angeless
Revolt, I get trained all the time. A good disc survives with Pain Supp, Focused Will, Barrier, and Spectral Guise. Compared to other healers, i can actually get away with Spectral Guise, they have to sit there and take it. My guess is IF you ran with a Disc, he probably wasn't highly rated thus your negative stigma is exactly the problem all Discs run into.

Dispel and Purge are often big parts of controlled DPS in RBG.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Can't Purge Barrier, Focused Will, or Spectral Guise, if Inner Focus is up then nothing can be dispelled during that period. If I'm getting focused, Pain Supp, focused will, and bubble go up. Furthermore, bubble increases resilience thus reducing damage a further 10%. Do more research before you blindly ban ALL players of a specific spec.

I forgot to mention: Phantasm
When you Fade, you remove all movement impairing effects from yourself, you become untargetable by ranged attacks, and your movement speed is unhindered for 3 sec.
Edited by Angeless on 1/17/2013 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
we have a couple disc priests in my guild that are almost 2200, not sure if any have made it over or not but i do know we have some in the 2100s. This is in the bloodlust battlegroup btw
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think this thread is a good demonstration of the herd mentality you see in a lot of the RBG pvper community. The OP goes out, makes their own group, and proves they can do well as disc in RBGs. Yet people still mindlessly claim they are a "liability" to their team. Every player isn't an identical robot and there is a huge variation in skill/response time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
01/17/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Gelindia
I think this thread is a good demonstration of the herd mentality you see in a lot of the RBG pvper community. The OP goes out, makes their own group, and proves they can do well as disc in RBGs. Yet people still mindlessly claim they are a "liability" to their team. Every player isn't an identical robot and there is a huge variation in skill/response time.

I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for next season when these EXACT same people, are crying for healers and Disc/Holy is there to fulfill that role. I personally have been making a ban list of people like this that I refuse to play with next season/patch since it shows just how ignorant they are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]