not a raider..... :(

90 Dwarf Hunter
I am posting this only to get opinions because it kinda stinks that to get the GOOD gear you have to raid to get it and I don't have time to join up and go raiding with groups. really I am disgruntled because I pay my hard earned money just like everyone else and can't get the top gear. yes I have been playing for a while and I am working my way thru all the dailies to get the good gear and am close to ilvl 480 now but unless something changes will never see over 500 with the big boyz.... i wish there was a way we could get top PVE gear without raiding is my whole point..

it would be nice to achieve the "good stuff" without having to quit my career to have enough time to play and get it. on my realm you will spend no less than 1.5 hours to assemble a raid group and then get it done in without wiping 5 times...

HAPPY HUNTING "WARCRAFT RULES"
90 Dwarf Hunter
keep in mind I am not here to gripe i still love to play the game I just wish there were a way to get the top ilvl gear without raiding..
But...why would you want the "good gear" if you are unable to, or have no intention, of raiding in it?
90 Undead Warlock
You can achieve good stuff without needing gear from raids. You don't really need to be ilevel 500 and play with the 'big boys' if you don't want to raid... at least not yet. If you don't like your realm community or their raid scene, reroll, transfer, or just make a guild for yourself to actually raid.
90 Tauren Druid
You only need the good gear to raid.

You have to raid to get gear to progress in raids.

Most other, I hear brawler can be difficult, PVE aspects of the game are pretty much easy mode once you break into the 480's of ilvl. Which can be achieved by doing just dailies, and farming to valor cap every week in 5-mans.
90 Dwarf Hunter
there are other things to kill in the game of warcraft than raid bosses and trash dude....
90 Gnome Warrior
Dailies and scenarios. They are absolutely doable on a 'casual' i.e. non-raider schedule and provide VP with which to purchase some nice gear at appropriate rep levels.
90 Dwarf Hunter
lol... @ Kathrian...... I am doing dailies and runnign DG's and hitting vp cap weekly...

it's just the ferrari/ pinto thing I guess

what would you drive if you had the choice...

thanks for the comments
55 Orc Death Knight
01/03/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Dako
But...why would you want the "good gear" if you are unable to, or have no intention, of raiding in it?

^^
90 Human Mage
01/03/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Kynsierra
there are other things to kill in the game of warcraft than raid bosses and trash dude....

not that require gear from raids to do it.

seriously.. complaining because you can't get raid gear when you - don't raid, is absurd.

I don't get a dr's salary. OMG THAT's RIGHT! I'm not a doctor!
90 Human Warrior
Why do so many miss this point...

It's an MMO and is meant to be played with a bunch of other people (i.e. guilds, raids, PvP, etc).

I would like to golf an 80 but being that I go out once every six months it's probably never going to happen and yet I still pay my $100 for 18 holes. My point is based on your theory I should automatically get a score of 80 because I am paying to be there.

Why is getting out what you put in looked down upon by so many people in this game?
90 Draenei Monk
If you're not a raider then why do you need top ilevel raid gear?
90 Draenei Shaman
I agree that it would be nice to have a different way to keep advancing your characters outside of raiding while getting gear on par with raiders. Just don't expect to gear up as "quick" as raiders do.

Be careful what you wish for. The last game I played that had "Alternate Advancement" for level capped toons would take you 5-10x as long as someone who just ran the raids. Two weeks of lockouts in raids, and you had a really nice progression going on. 2 Months of solo-alternate-advancement, and you barely had the first part going.

It would be really nice to have something besides "Raid or Die" to progress with.
01/03/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Lena
If you're not a raider then why do you need top ilevel raid gear?

This

If you're never going to use something, you don't need it
90 Night Elf Druid
/Grab magic 8 ball
"will this thread end up well"
/shake
"All signs point to no"
90 Night Elf Druid
01/03/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Kynsierra
keep in mind I am not here to gripe i still love to play the game I just wish there were a way to get the top ilvl gear without raiding..

Why would you need top level gear if you don't plan on raiding?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]