not a raider..... :(

100 Orc Warrior
01/03/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Lena
If you're not a raider then why do you need top ilevel raid gear?
You never know what you might need!
90 Blood Elf Warlock
01/03/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Kynsierra
really I am disgruntled because I pay my hard earned money just like everyone else and can't get the top gear.

You pay money to have the ability to log on to the servers. Anything beyond that, you have to work a bit for. Want PVP gear? Gotta PvP. Want raid gear? Gotta raid/daily/get lucky in dungens. Want epic pet battles? Gotta catch 'em all.
90 Human Mage
01/03/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Kezarii
It would be really nice to have something besides "Raid or Die" to progress with.

there are plenty of paths to getting some gear upgrades:
LFR
Valor Gear
Rep Rewards

01/03/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Kezarii
while getting gear on par with raiders.

and this I think was the biggest mistake blizz ever made - valor/rep gear should not be on par with raid drops.

people who don't raid, should have NO expectation of having gear on par with raiders

I'm not raiding heroic modes right now, but I'm not standing around demanding I get heroic ilvl gear handed to me by dorking around with dailies.

no, I recognize that I'm not at that level of playing the game, and don't need nor have I yet earned that gear. and you know what? That's ok.

just as it's ok for someone not raiding to have gear that is appropriate for their level of playing the game.
100 Draenei Mage
Though a lot of people have ego driven reasons for *gearz*, the truth of the matter is that gear is just a tool to do content. Each content has *gear* for the next level of content...

If you do not raid, you do not need the top end gear.

I am content to not raid this expansion and just be casual. I am not a fan of lfg, so I do dailys, and my goal is to get all the valor gear because I think it is rather good looking, and it gives me decent gear to run stuff with my guildies.

If you want the top end gear then you have to do what is required to get that gear.

Funny how that works, huh?
50 Blood Elf Priest
You don't want to raid (not putting in the effort is the same as not wanting to), you want the same rewards.

Okay.
Edited by Loans on 1/3/2013 1:02 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
01/03/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Kynsierra
there are other things to kill in the game of warcraft than raid bosses and trash dude....

Yes... But why do you need ilvl 500 gear for that?

lol... @ Kathrian...... I am doing dailies and runnign DG's and hitting vp cap weekly...

it's just the ferrari/ pinto thing I guess

what would you drive if you had the choice...

thanks for the comments

If you don't work, you can't afford the Ferrari. Enjoy your Pinto. Those who put in the time and effort deserve the rewards of the best possible gear.
87 Human Warlock
MMOs are traditionally designed around the raiding aspect. Always have, always will. Some games don't call it raids, but since we're all WoW players, we'll just call it that.

I used to raid in this game for years, but I've grown out of it. I accept that I won't have top end gear as a result. It has no negative light behind it, and I don't wish that there were handouts as a result. I call it handouts because, as was mentioned, this is an MMO with MMO attributes.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/03/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Felocityqt
Again not trying to be a troll but putting in effort and putting in massive amounts of time are VERY different things.

This is true.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
01/03/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Notsensible
I used to raid in this game for years, but I've grown out of it. I accept that I won't have top end gear as a result. It has no negative light behind it, and I don't wish that there were handouts as a result. I call it handouts because, as was mentioned, this is an MMO with MMO attributes.

This is quite a sensible comment coming from someone with a name like yours! :-)
90 Draenei Shaman
01/03/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Anastasiia
It would be really nice to have something besides "Raid or Die" to progress with.

there are plenty of paths to getting some gear upgrades:
LFR
Valor Gear
Rep Rewards

while getting gear on par with raiders.

and this I think was the biggest mistake blizz ever made - valor/rep gear should not be on par with raid drops.

people who don't raid, should have NO expectation of having gear on par with raiders

I'm not raiding heroic modes right now, but I'm not standing around demanding I get heroic ilvl gear handed to me by dorking around with dailies.

no, I recognize that I'm not at that level of playing the game, and don't need nor have I yet earned that gear. and you know what? That's ok.

just as it's ok for someone not raiding to have gear that is appropriate for their level of playing the game.

I understand your point and I agree. We all know there are lots of different players in this game. It would still be nice to have something else besides "run dungeons/run raid, if not then screw you" approach.
90 Draenei Priest
Organizing a group for challenging group content should be more rewarding than other types of content, otherwise there is no incentive to organize a group.

The current model already has a huge problem in entry-level raids giving worse gear than dailies. Why wipe on Stone Guard hoping for a chance to roll on a 489 when you can just do dailies and get 496s?

But I'd fully support dailies unlocking some really awesome enchants that don't work in dungeons, raids, arenas, or BGs. As long as they only work in quests and farming and stuff, let the enchants give you +1000 stats for all I care.
100 Draenei Monk

I understand your point and I agree. We all know there are lots of different players in this game. It would still be nice to have something else besides "run dungeons/run raid, if not then screw you" approach.

There are plenty of other things to do in this game. They just don't give you heroic raid gear. If you aren't raiding you don't need that gear anyway.
Edited by Lena on 1/3/2013 1:08 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
I personally think that the way it's working now, is good. The most involved and time consuming activities award the best gear. If there were some other activity that had the same involvement and skill, then I wouldn't be opposed to getting good gear out of it. As it is now though, I don't see any activity in game that would constitute having better gear (PVE related at least).

01/03/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Dako
But...why would you want the "good gear" if you are unable to, or have no intention, of raiding in it?

There are so many other uses to having better gear. Everything is easier with better gear, including brawler's guild (where high dps is key to beating timers), Solo'ing old raids (can still require high dps/heals/stam/etc), and even questing.

I mean, with that same line of thinking; Why does heroic raids give gear at all? Those raids were beat in the gear they received in lower raids. If a group can beat a heroic raid in 496 gear, then why would you "need" 509 gear to drop. It's not a "need" though, it's a want. You want to complete the raid faster and more efficiently, however it's not technically "needed".
90 Worgen Warrior
it would be nice to achieve the "good stuff" without having to quit my career to have enough time to play and get it.

I really hate when people use this argument.

"I have a life, I don't have the time to put in the effort"

Raiding isn't some life altering compromise that requires you to play 18274637821 hours a day.

Hell, back in WoTLK I only raided for at most 2 hours at the weekend nights and got to clear Heroic ToC back when it was relevant.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
eh you can get closer than ever before just doing dailies, Blizzard is practically handing your gear to you if you don't want to raid - you just have to do a billion repeatable quests.

You really have no right to complain at the current state of the game for the non raider. It's better than it ever has been (if you don't mind dailies).

Course, I DO mind dailies...
90 Tauren Paladin
i wish there was a way we could get top PVE gear without raiding is my whole point..

No.
85 Tauren Warrior
I always go into any MMORPG knowing that there are gear, mounts, and achievements that I will never see. And you know what? Thats fine by me.
MMORPGs always have, and always will be about the more time put into your character
the more stuff you have , and the better, that stuff is.

I guess you could say you get what you play for.
90 Worgen Warlock
01/03/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Violentntent
I mean, with that same line of thinking; Why does heroic raids give gear at all? Those raids were beat in the gear they received in lower raids. If a group can beat a heroic raid in 496 gear, then why would you "need" 509 gear to drop. It's not a "need" though, it's a want. You want to complete the raid faster and more efficiently, however it's not technically "needed".

Raids give gear in order to allow the group to progress and be ready for the next tier when it comes out. And yes, you will "need" the loot dropped in this tier of raids if you want to raid the next one. Hear of enrage timers? There's only so much player skill can do.

To the OP: Gear is rewarded for putting in the effort and time to raid. And to be able to progress through the current tier and be ready for the next. You have lfr if you just want the shiny tier pieces.
90 Worgen Hunter
((OOC:

Dude, seriously? OP, I don't have time or a shedule that allows me to raid with a regular group either, but come on man.

1: Valor Gear _IS_ raid gear, as far as iLvl goes.
2: LFR does not require a schedule
3: Black Market Auction House, if you are good at gold making
4: Professions

Seriously dude, one casual to another, stop it.

/OOC))
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]