not a raider..... :(

<Non-constructive post removed>
Edited by Rygarius on 1/3/2013 2:55 PM PST
90 Troll Druid
If you want the shinies, you put the effort in for them.

The current VP system and LFR are in place for people who don't want to put the effort into big boy raiding.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Just because you paid $60 for Super Mario World doesn't mean all the levels will beat themselves.
90 Night Elf Rogue
01/03/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Daltin
But...why would you want the "good gear" if you are unable to, or have no intention, of raiding in it?

To make dailies and 5-mans go faster?

I get the arguement of working for your gear, but even non raiders/pvpers want to change their gear once in awhile.
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/03/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Noitora
I get the arguement of working for your gear, but even non raiders/pvpers want to change their gear once in awhile.

You literally can obtain an entire set of raid epics superior to the gear in MSV by afking in LFR. What more do you want?
You want blizzard to make gear easy to get but by doing that they would lose about 40% of their player base because they will be tending to your need. No. Doesn't. Work. Like. That. Quit crying about it and do something. Make your own guild around your own hours. And if it is a job that is preventing you from raiding thats a terrible excuse, Work hours can be easily worked with so u can raid. There are raiders that raid all hours of the day just do something about it.
90 Orc Hunter
01/03/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Mahourai

You literally can obtain an entire set of raid epics superior to the gear in MSV by afking in LFR. What more do you want?

Huh? LFR drops 483 (only HoF and Terrace) while even 10-man normal MV drops 489. Don't get me wrong, the gear from LFR is plenty good for someone who doesn't want to raid in a structured environment, but to say the gear is better from LFR is not accurate.
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/03/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Grimmlock

Huh? LFR drops 483 (only HoF and Terrace) while even 10-man normal MV drops 489. Don't get me wrong, the gear from LFR is plenty good for someone who doesn't want to raid in a structured environment, but to say the gear is better from LFR is not accurate.

You can upgrade every piece of your HoF/ToES your LFR gear to 491, and they drop tier pieces and sha touched weapons, which are vastly superior to the higher item level pieces in normal MSV even without upgrades. The average class and spec can get gear superior to the initial drops of MSV (i.e. upgrading their loot) in every single slot by doing absolutely nothing in LFR.
100 Worgen Warrior
I agree and think Blizzard should open up all content to LFR/LFG so that everyone can participate in the end game and not just a subset of the population. The mechanic of separating out players has always excluded people with low social mobility. But now it feels like more than ever before that some of the most difficult content with the best gear, rewards, and titles is only available to an even smaller portion of the population. I think this should and will change over time.

Some of us simply can't stomach wrangling a steady group and organizing a regular raid schedule. As for me, we did it for almost two years, sometimes 5 nights a week, during Vanilla and BC, and I just don't have the stamina for that nightmare again - so it would be nice to get a crack at those mounts and titles that I won't see otherwise with the current system.

It seems perfectly plausible to put in a heroic mode LFR/LFG so enterprising people can PUG to bang our heads against heroic mode bosses or challenge modes. It would be nice to see the game become even more accessible, but I'm not discounting at all the enormous progress made on that front already with LFR/LFG as it is today.
90 Tauren Shaman
01/03/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Kynsierra
there are other things to kill in the game of warcraft than raid bosses and trash dude....

You don't need raid gear to quest in or do 5 mans in dude....
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Druid
Serious question: if you don't do harder stuff, why do you need better gear?
90 Human Paladin
As to the age old question of "if you do not raid, why would you need/want top end gear" simple answer, personal progression and yes, gearing/dressing up, many see the game as all about progression and or gearing up and for non raiders, there is no chance of top gear, might get semi close but will never quite get there.

While I am ok with acquiring gear from rep grinds, having the ability to enter a raid/dungeon as a solo player (said raid wld of course be coded for single player option, have seen this is other mmo) would be nice for those who choose not to or no longer can conform to the typical 5, 10, 25 or 40 man party to have this as an option.

Players go thru life changes that impact their play style and the game itself can impact play style, choices and options are never really a bad a thing either in rl or in game. Perhaps if the typical MMORPG was not designed primarily around progression/gear, the almighty war on gear/lack of would end.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Item level 500 isn't just raiding, it's heroic raiding.
90 Human Mage
01/03/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Afid
seems perfectly plausible to put in a heroic mode LFR/LFG so enterprising people can PUG to bang our heads against heroic mode bosses

you must not be running in the same LFR's as the rest of us if you think that the average mouthbreather afk auto-attacking yahoo, of which LFR is usually comprised of at least 20%, will be successful, AT ALL, in normal mode raiding, much less heroic mode raiding.

sorry. it's just not possible.

LFR: Total lack of communication, total lack of patience, total inability to handle wipes (must less the 20, 30 or more that might comprise learning a new heroic boss), and total inability to weed out the ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE players that are holding the rest of hte group back because of kick timers.

yea. not happening.
Edited by Anastasiia on 1/3/2013 3:13 PM PST
90 Pandaren Mage
It's a hard thing to see others being able to obtain the top quality gear, while you may not be able to. The trick is, those of us with the top quality gear are working for it. We are putting in time and effort, above and beyond what you are doing. (I don't say that to be mean, just stating the fact).

We wanted these items so we went out and did the extra work for them. From what I am seeing, you are either unwanting or unable to do the extra work. Not that there is anything wrong with that. You just can't expect to get the top quality gear without doing the extra work.

What it all comes down to is a choice. You choose to do the extra work (thus reaping the rewards) or you continue with the path that you are on and not see the top quality gear. And again, I can't stress enough, neither of those are bad options.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Although, that being said - many games have done a lot more with crafting. World of Warcraft has kept crafting quite simple and limited crafted gear to a few items at a time, and largely of moderately easily acquirable mats. Although blood spirits are a deviation from easily acquirable.

But blood spirits ended up being kind of dumb. By the time we had sufficient numbers of them, we clearly didn't need them. And at the same time, people seem quite unwilling to pay a lot of gold for 496 gear.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]