Hoof Wars

90 Dwarf Hunter
Hello Everyone,

Any longer-term "hoof-ers" remember this?

A few years back, the old Lightninghoof server created a forum organized world event known as "Hoof Wars." This was a massive-scale PvP world event that had several if not hundreds of players from both the Horde and the Alliance participating. The goal was simple: Pick a location, organize the raids, FRAPS dat !@#$, and let the slaughtering ensue. In some cases, these "Wars" had specific goals or objectives for both sides to complete, such as holding a base, capturing a cave, or killing the players in a unique way. For those that were there, it was a memorable, fun, and intense event that left us desiring for more. It was a battleground without the queuing nonsense.

It is an issue that has been addressed several times on this particular forum: a "dead server." Do I think this server seems inactive? Yes, I do. What needs to be done about this? Well, I believe an event such as this is exactly what we need.

So, I am hereby initiating discussion on the organization of this event. Let's set up another "Hoof War" to bring back some server activity. What do you guys think? Any and all levels are more than welcome to participate. All opinions, ideas, thoughts, critiques, and snarky comments are welcome. The idea is simple: two sides kill the %^-* out of each other for as long as interested. Locations, dates, ideas, and objectives can be discussed and worked out as we go. This is just a thought, guys. Let me know what you think!

Possible ideas:

1) Defend the Wall: One faction (tbd) will stand guard along the Serpent's Spine wall in the Steppes. The opposing faction's objective: storm and take the wall from the defending faction. Think of it like the Helm's Deep Battle from LoTR:tTT

2) War is Hellfire: The Horde: Thrallmar; the Alliance: Honor Hold. The Battlefield: The Path of Glory. Both sides take arms against one another along the massive road leading to the Citadel.

3) The Stranglethorn War: Warcraft, Guerilla Style. Both sides engage in Vietnam-style warfare in the Jungles of Stranglethorn vale. For those who do not know what Guerilla Warfare is, it involves hit-and-run style tactics essentially: Hit the enemy hard, fast, and effectively, then get out of there as fast as you can. Rules would include no leaving STV, and Booty Bay is neutral territory. Other than that, it's free game.

Those are just some ideas. Let me know what you guys think!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
can we add no flying mounts as a rule?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/04/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Karadon
can we add no flying mounts as a rule?

No, because you can't enforce that rule.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sounds like fun
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have missed these but it will be difficult to organize an old style hoof turnout since the server is relatively dead since the last hoofwars in WOTLK.

But I will get what guildies and ppl I can if it was to happen :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Moo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/22/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Swiftmender
Moo

Moooooooooooooooo
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
01/27/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Destronoma
Moooooooooooooooo

Your Moooooooooooo is too much, I concede.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/29/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Swiftmender
Moooooooooooooooo

Your Moooooooooooo is too much, I concede.

/cry
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Wtb Hoofwars
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/05/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Jayrawk
Wtb Hoofwars

Hoof is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Revival!
Reply Quote
74 Blood Elf Priest
fail thread is fail
/nuff said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMLrA_0O5I
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Go back to peeing in your moonwell!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'll see you all on the Isle, the most fun I've had playing WoW in a very, very long time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]