Choppy FPS

100 Human Paladin
I'm going to keep this as simple as possible: In certain situations, such as your entire raid being in the same room in Isle of Conquest, my FPS will get very choppy. Where I would have around 40fps in this situation, I drop to 20 then back up to 40 a millisecond later. This continues and gives the game a choppy appearance. This also happens sometimes when I am typing. For example, it is happening right now, I will type a letter and it will take a half a second to show up, and the next few words I type are fine, rinse and repeat.

What is causing this?

Edit: If I hit the Windows button and then click back into the game it seems to fix itself sometimes.
Edited by Ziz on 12/13/2012 8:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
30+ people in one room with possible horde in there? My PC gets choppy too and my specs are pretty decent. Best to just turn down the graphics to medium when you're in that particular bg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There was a story about AMD Radeon GPU's being a bit inclined to some choppiness a few days ago.

Don't know if it's relevant, given that situation, it's just as likely to be add-on, the general busy area, or networking conflicts.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
You might want to double check your CPU and GPU temps. It's unlikely that they are causing the issue but they good. Cards will throttle back if they get too hot, which might lead to the weird fps spikes.

What's your card just out of curiosity?
Edited by Manik on 12/13/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
addons could also be the cause of this if the above isn't an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You might want to double check your CPU and GPU temps. It's unlikely that they are causing the issue but they good. Cards will throttle back if they get too hot, which might lead to the weird fps spikes.

What's your card just out of curiosity?

GTX 550 ti. I have a Intel i5 3450 CPU, and didn't have this problem before I got it. However, I would be around 15-20 FPS in those situations so perhaps I didn't notice it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]