So I quit wow for a while...

1 Orc Warrior
Just wanted to know how long it takes to get from 1-90 without heirloom gear now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
There isn't a magic formula to calculate leveling speed. It depends on how well you know the quests and how often/long you play as well as how you level (dungeons, PvP, quests, combination).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
To add to Icedragon's reply: It also depends on whether you have a habit of alt-tabbing out or wandering away from your computer long enough to get flagged as AFK and eventually booted out by the system (takes about 30 minutes or so). Other in-game time wasters can also increase how long it will take: Hanging out in the cities randomly chatting/trolling, staring at the AH window, unnecessary exploration, etc.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
12/13/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Icedragon
There isn't a magic formula to calculate leveling speed. It depends on how well you know the quests and how often/long you play as well as how you level (dungeons, PvP, quests, combination).
I've leveled from 1-85 a couple times before, has it gotten longer? Is 1-85 the same speed as before? How long does 85-90 take?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/13/2012 10:24 PMPosted by Orrag
I've leveled from 1-85 a couple times before, has it gotten longer? Is 1-85 the same speed as before? How long does 85-90 take?

1-85 hasn't changed. The 85-90 grind is longer than the Cata equivalent of 80-85.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
T_T
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To put it in perspective, in the time it took you to ask a second question since this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794213529

...you could have been 90 and grinding dailies already.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
To put it in perspective, in the time it took you to ask a second question since this thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794213529

...you could have been 90 and grinding dailies already.
Well I haven't gone back to WoW yet because of my computer. When I play I lag and it's just so annoying to play at times I just quit. I really want to play WoW again but I just don't know if it's worth it with this computer...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is your entire computer miserably out of date or can you upgrade a few components to improve performance?

Test your system specs over at systemrequirementslab.com and see how you stack up for Mists of Pandaria. The test will point out what needs upgrading to give you a rough idea of where you stand.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Unfortunately, my whole computer is terribly out of date. It's sad because I love WoW and don't have a computer good enough to play it.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
I can barely run my favorite game League of Legends T_T
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If you have the money, you can get yourself a newer computer. A $600 gaming computer should do just fine for WoW. You can likely even reuse several components from your current computer (case, hard drive, cd/dvd drive, and perhaps even the RAM memory sticks if you supplement them with newer ones) which will save you some money too.

There really isn't anything the regulars here can do to improve your computer's performance. We also can't convince you that the game is worth putting up with your sluggish one if you don't already feel that it is.
Edited by Avanna on 12/13/2012 11:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
pcpartpicker.com/p/ssuQ

This should be able to run on Med-High settings for under $600.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Took me just under a month with concerted effort, questing, and running dunegons mostly for the quests.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]