Game master

(Locked)

29 Human Paladin
I just received a whisper from the Game Master indicating that my account was abnormal and I needed to visit a website (non-Blizzard) to authenticate it. For real?
100 Human Paladin
No, if it was a real GM, it would have a blue Blizz logo next to it and open in a separate window.
55 Pandaren Monk
That was not a Game Master. Game Masters use a unique chat window separate from the standard one and will have a blue "Blizz" logo next to their name.

More info - https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/phishing
100 Draenei Shaman
12/14/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Canneana
I just received a whisper from the Game Master

No you didn't, as others have said. You have to watch, those hackers can be sly.
29 Human Paladin
thanks. I didn't think it was real. Some people need to get a life.
55 Pandaren Monk
12/14/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Canneana
Some people need to get a life.

Sadly, that is their life. Stealing WoW accounts is quite lucrative and is part of a multi-million (some say billion) dollar a year industry in selling illicitly obtained gold and items for real money.
90 Goblin Rogue
If you have to ask, then there is a very good chance it is not "for real".
90 Pandaren Monk
Gm's will never send a message like that to you. Ever. That should have been your first thought.
91 Troll Shaman
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/game-master-interaction-policy
24 Human Paladin
I can't talk or mail anything it says the game master is pending! what do I do!!!!!!!!!
100 Blood Elf Priest
I can't talk or mail anything it says the game master is pending! what do I do!!!!!!!!!
You have already been answered on your other post. Please do not necro long dead threads.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Justint - please stop posting in threads that are unrelated to your enquiry.

It can take up to 72 hours for all limitations to come off the account. This is stated several times during the upgrade process.
90 Pandaren Monk

Open a ticket. This means that enough people have reported you for spam that you have been squelched until a GM reviews your chat logs.
Support Forum Agent
Thread locked since it is from 2012.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]