How do I solo Emperor Vek'lor and bro?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Is this even possible? I know Vek'nilash is immune to magic but it appeared that my spells did nothing to Vek'lor at all. I was at it for 30 minutes. I only died because I tried to simultaneously search WoWhead and play at the same time....FML.

If both guys share a health pool shouldn't I be able to DPS Vek'lor with spells and kill them both? Why did my magic have no effect? Grrrrr......
Edited by Pieyenne on 12/14/2012 12:05 PM PST
90 Pandaren Warrior
It's the other way around.

Lor is melee, Nilash is magic. I think.

Actually, maybe... Now I'm confused. Ff. ANYWAYS. Yes, it's possible. I don't know why it wouldn't have worked, though.
Edited by Arctius on 12/14/2012 12:10 PM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
I do this on my DK weekly. It is now a lot easier at level 90 that it was at 85.

For me, since I can't do anything (well, diseases...) to the guy on the LEFT, I just attack the guy on the right against a wall. I made a macro to target the guy on the left for outbreak, just for a little bit of dps. At 85 it took 22 minutes or so. Now its about 10.

For you, if you are on your Spriest, you will want to attack the guy on the left the entire time. Just BURN burn burn. If you can do at least 15,001 dps, you will eventually kill them. They heal for 30k every 2 seconds, and if you kill one, you kill them both.

I'd also recommend backing into a wall. Might not matter for a caster, but i kept losing my target when they would switch, and send me flying.
100 Night Elf Druid
Casters kill the caster guy. Melee kill the melee guy. If you have low dps or are unfortunate enough to be solely a tank or healer, it prolly ain't gon happen.
100 Night Elf Druid
It's about putting out more DPS then they can heal. I did it yesterday and got the pet!(yay!)
100 Human Paladin
Just gotta out dps their healing.

Make sure you whack the physical one though once with a weapon, so you get eligible for loot off of him, then prioritize your normal damage rotation on the magic guy
90 Worgen Warlock
Solo'ed it on my spriest back at the end of cata. Get yourself to a spot where you won't get knocked back, and tunnel the caster boss. Heal yourself as needed, glyph of dark binding is a MASSIVE help for it.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Caster-vulnerable is the one on the left, melee's the one on the right. I never learned their names.

Bliz also recently nerfed their healing ability, so they're killable if you can even pull 25k. And yes, they share a health pool, so you can focus one down.

Good luck!
2 Gnome Warrior
Is this even possible? I know Vek'nilash is immune to magic but it appeared that my spells did nothing to Vek'lor at all. I was at it for 30 minutes. I only died because I tried to simultaneously search WoWhead and play at the same time....FML.

If both guys share a health pool shouldn't I be able to DPS Vek'lor with spells and kill them both? Why did my magic have no effect? Grrrrr......

I just solo'd him with my hunter... I'm not sure how to do it as a priest.

Do priest have any sort of talent or spell that reduces healing received to the mob? Because that would help.

If you do, concentrate on the caster guy and keep that spell up.

I did it on my priest pretty easily actually.

The problem I had was at first I trapped myself in the corner and my DPS isn't amazing so I couldn't kill them.

The next time I just stood in the middle of room to kill them and they went down easy enough, just takes a bit.

Caster-vulnerable is the one on the left, melee's the one on the right. I never learned their names.

Bliz also recently nerfed their healing ability, so they're killable if you can even pull 25k. And yes, they share a health pool, so you can focus one down.

Good luck!

I think you want to make sure you hit the other one at least once to get it's loot right?

I did :x

In order to loot the other guy you have to at least do some sort of damage.
Edited by Haaely on 12/14/2012 12:40 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Heh, well thanks guys for the advice. I wound up asking a friend about and she dealt with the caster while i hit the other guy.

/lazy
90 Draenei Monk
12/14/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Veta
Casters kill the caster guy. Melee kill the melee guy. If you have low dps or are unfortunate enough to be solely a tank or healer, it prolly ain't gon happen.

I could kill him as a mistweaver monk. It took awhile, but I could out dps the heals.
71 Gnome Warlock
Alright, I have no idea how you guys are all saying you did this as a Hunter, etc.
I am a balance druid, and specced specifically so that I could heal a little bit better for this fight.

I die from add DPS alone within 1-2 minutes, even with a rejuvenation (with a 30% healing bonus) active at all times. The dps I am able to pull on the boss on the left, even without pausing to throw a rejuvenation on from time to time, is !@#$ty in comparison to how quickly the other boss can heal him. I could see if I didn't have to worry about my health during the fight how I could maybe kill the left boss within 10 or so minutes, but I just dont understand how anyone could solo these bosses. I would also like to note that I have full PVP gear, about half conquest. Even tho PVP gear isnt as great as PVE for this situation, wtf.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)
100 Gnome Mage
Alright, I have no idea how you guys are all saying you did this as a Hunter, etc.
I am a balance druid, and specced specifically so that I could heal a little bit better for this fight.

I die from add DPS alone within 1-2 minutes, even with a rejuvenation (with a 30% healing bonus) active at all times. The dps I am able to pull on the boss on the left, even without pausing to throw a rejuvenation on from time to time, is !@#$ty in comparison to how quickly the other boss can heal him. I could see if I didn't have to worry about my health during the fight how I could maybe kill the left boss within 10 or so minutes, but I just dont understand how anyone could solo these bosses. I would also like to note that I have full PVP gear, about half conquest. Even tho PVP gear isnt as great as PVE for this situation, wtf.

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Clear the adds outside of the room first, this way they dont come after you during fight, and at start pop all cds on caster and try to burst him before heals start.
90 Tauren Druid

I die from add DPS alone within 1-2 minutes, even with a rejuvenation (with a 30% healing bonus) active at all times.

Are you clearing the trash in the room just before the twins? The big statue guys come in and get real annoying when you pull the emps. Otherwise, have you got and feral or guardian gear?

In order to loot the other guy you have to at least do some sort of damage.

That's not quite complete at the moment. The twin you aren't hitting seems to reset eventually, so hit it periodically throughout the fight. Doesn't seem to happen quickly, probably every couple of minutes, so just remember to get a hit in at the end.
100 Gnome Mage
Just a tip for ppl who are doing this that I forgot to mention the bosses can bug time to time, on my third run after killing the caster then melee guy did not die as well, and I had to spend 10 mins stabbing him with my dagger to kill him, but in end pet did drop so I guess all is well.
95 Troll Shaman
Easy as elem my back agasint the wall behind the caster boss, if i pop bloodlust ascendance and fire elem i can get the one guy way below half life before the other boss gets in range.
100 Troll Hunter
My hunter can slap the bejesus out of them with zero issue.

My death knight (whose gear is nowhere near as good) can't put a dent in them.

It would seem the answer lies largely in how well geared you are. Basically, you need to be able to out-DPS their heals.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]