To our Wintergrasp Exploiters...

90 Goblin Hunter
So I've noticed an increasing trend in blatant exploiting in Wintergrasp: players (usually Alliance from what I've seen) driving demolishers through the tiny opening in the secondary walls in order to bypass the entire layer of wall and quickly get to the final door to win. Be advised that I along with numerous other players have been reporting those guilty of doing this using GM tickets and the "right click on your portrait" method.

I thought I would post this conversation I had with a GM concerning the matter to confirm that what these scrubs are doing is, in fact, exploiting and exploiting is against Blizzard's Terms of Service, which usually results in account suspension of the offenders.

I hope you thought it was worth it: http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy64/DaringJedi/CompleteGMWintergraspConversation_zpsc00f135a.jpg
Edited by Leptis on 12/23/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/23/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Leptis
usually Alliance from what I've seen

I have never seen it happen, but I will go along with it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/24/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Klarusboy
I have never seen it happen, but I will go along with it.

Looking at your portrait and seeing that mask on..I can't help read what you typed and hear a muffled voice squeeking through the seams.

...or, I need some sleep. But I prefer the original thought! >:)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
People do WG still?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
12/24/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Vilerot
People do WG still?

Indeed; it's been updated for lvl 90 players now (siege vehicles with 4-6 million health, lvl 88 guards, etc). The raid inside, of course, is still lvl 80, though. The PVE heroes still won't be motivated to show up.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
I see the horde are now using the Gms as a weapon for supreme control over wintergrasp
which is bonkers seeing you level 90 and you in a level 80 PVP zone kinda seems fishy
But how can i judge you, you could be doing dailys or profession mumbo jumbo

But watch out the soo called might of the horde is nothing compared to the great allmighty alliance even with you GM's
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Feisty bundle of midgetness. Gnomes are adorable, you can't scare me.

I heard Credo Nos moved servers Doc, but that's only rumor.

Peace, you little bundle of cuteness.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
Please blood elf no need to comment on my superiority and intelligence compared to yours
Remember size is no matter its brain power or smartness i belive that the horde dosent have much of that. And no thats not a rumor its just fact.
But its great you read my thread and no there still in this server im still in it. But thanks for your concern about the guild blood elf

XoXoXoXo Doc
and also lacroix Peace, you bundle of sexiness <3
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
12/25/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Dóc
But watch out the soo called might of the horde is nothing compared to the great allmighty alliance even with you GM's

Boldly stated, but I remain... unconvinced.

(P.S. Like I just stated in my previous post, WG has been updated to a lvl 90 PVP zone ;) )
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
Yes i know i saw that when i was leveling my gnome to be quite honest it would be cool if they fazed it for different levels so lets say me i don't have to verse you in a one on one combat situation because your ten levels higher then me. But that's my opinion and there might be gaps and holes though it but meh.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
On the other hand, I have a simple solution: level up 10 levels! Lvls 80-85 are much faster now and should be able to be done in a single day with heirlooms. Lvls 85-90 are still a slow crawl, but could still be done in 2-3 days for most people. Come to Wintergrasp so I can give you a big Gobbie hug!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/26/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Leptis
Lvls 85-90 are still a slow crawl, but could still be done in 2-3 days for most people.

or one 15-16 hour session with guildies
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Indeed; it's been updated for lvl 90 players now (siege vehicles with 4-6 million health, lvl 88 guards, etc). The raid inside, of course, is still lvl 80, though. The PVE heroes still won't be motivated to show up.

So...what your saying is that the "We PvP Like..." 2.0 still likes to show how much they are the only ones that care about WG still?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/01/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Ixen
So...what your saying is that the "We PvP Like..." 2.0 still likes to show how much they are the only ones that care about WG still?

If that were true, this topic would not exist, as we would be the only people in there with no one on offense to commit the described exploit.

The Darnassus school system doesn't emphasize critical thinking too much, does it? :)
Edited by Leptis on 1/1/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/01/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Ixen

Would be good to see Alliance care about world pvp anywhere. Who cares where it happens; The location is quite irrelevant wouldn't you think?
Edited by Lacroix on 1/1/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cool guys dont look at explosions
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
01/01/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Leptis
If that were true, this topic would not exist, as we would be the only people in there with no one on offense to commit the described exploit.

When i said 'nobody cares' it was more of stating that We Pvp2.0 would be the only ones that care enough to post about it.

Would be good to see Alliance care about world pvp anywhere. Who cares where it happens; The location is quite irrelevant wouldn't you think?

I agree that world pvp should be higher, but very few on the ally side will participate in it. and since there is no zone that has daily hub, that you cant mount on a flyer, it will stay dead for the most part. When people can just vanish/shadowmeld/displacer beast away and mount on a flyer, it ruins the fun.

That being said, this isnt only an Ally thing. There are many people that still do the same on Horde side, specially down at the Shieldwall stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/03/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Ixen
When i said 'nobody cares' it was more of stating that We Pvp2.0 would be the only ones that care enough to post about it.

Looks like backpeddling to me... you would expect those exploiting to post about their exploits? Curious.

That being said, this isnt only an Ally thing. There are many people that still do the same on Horde side, specially down at the Shieldwall stuff.

Huh, I wasn't aware of walls to glitch through there. Unless you're just trying to draw a parallel to some vague reference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Looks like backpeddling to me... you would expect those exploiting to post about their exploits? Curious.

Didnt say i was expecting you guys to report yourselves. Only that again, you guys would be the only ones to care about PvP content that is not one, but two expansions old.

Huh, I wasn't aware of walls to glitch through there. Unless you're just trying to draw a parallel to some vague reference.

Was referencing world pvp in general, and pointing out the Shieldwall area because of its newness. Didnt think i would need to connect that dot, but I forgot i was talking to Seregan.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
01/05/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Ixen
Didnt say i was expecting you guys to report yourselves.

That's funny, since "we" aren't the ones doing the exploiting, but I'm glad to see your reading comprehension skills were able to grasp the basic point of this topic... /facepalm

Only that again, you guys would be the only ones to care about PvP content that is not one, but two expansions old.

Is your ignorance really this brazen? WG has been updated for lvl 90 players, with NPCs being lvl 88-90 and siege vehicles having millions of health; it's no longer designed for lvl 80 players, but good job knowing what you're talking about...

Was referencing world pvp in general, and pointing out the Shieldwall area because of its newness. Didnt think i would need to connect that dot, but I forgot i was talking to Seregan.

There are no dots to connect; your reference was completely irrelevant to the discussion of exploits. You might as well have started talking about moon kittens on pogo-sticks. Your tangent about players mounting up and flying away is inapplicable to world pvp in the context of Wintergrasp, as flying isn't permitted there. So much for staying on topic...

Edit: I find it interesting that your first response here isn't to acknowledge the wrongfulness of exploiting, but in vain you tried to trivialize caring about exploiting, which shows a lot about your character as a person. Judging by the snarling drool that has accompanied your posts here from the beginning, I can only presume you so readily side with cheaters because you feel butt hurt toward those it was done against, indicative that your face was slammed into the mud at some point in PVP, making you resentful ever since. I don't even recognize your name, indicating you've left no worthwhile impact on me worthy of remembrance whatsoever, which is apparently in great contrast to you, as it seems I've left such a huge footprint on your face that you keep track of which toons I play at any given time.

You may say "who cares" because you were never informed that Wintergrasp was updated for lvl 90 players, but since you have blinders on and seem to stick to the candyland scripted world of PVE, it blows your mind why anyone would go to WG these days, since the PVE raid associated with it is still designed for lvl 80 players. However, if that's your attitude, what in the world are you doing here trying to talk about PVP? That's the topic of this thread: Exploits in PVP during Wintergrasp battles, not the PVE raid associated with Wintergrasp or PVP elsewhere and why people are motivated to go here or there. Your eyes are so red with butt hurt rage that you can't even stay on topic or recognize violations of Blizzard's Terms of Use when it's spelled out by a GM. Please, do yourself a favor and stop embarrassing yourself by trying to talk about a subject you clearly are not well educated in and in which you are unable to put aside your venomous hatred in order to think objectively.
Edited by Leptis on 1/6/2013 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]