Alani and You

90 Night Elf Hunter
Currently, there are those like myself who seek to obtain Alani, but might be finding it a bit difficult. Currently, we may have collected Skyshards throughout different toons. However, that may soon change come patch 5.2.
http://www.wowhead.com/news=209332/patch-5-2-ptr-patch-note-preview

5.2 Patch Notes (PTR)
Skyshards are now bind on pickup.

So, for those who have acquired the ten shards because of this new system, good job. :)

The only thing you must be careful with is the tagging of Alani. It can still be tagged by another player after you use the Skyshards, so check your surroundings.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
You mean Bind on Account?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Hmm I thought the shard auto tagged it to you?
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
Bind on account.

12/26/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Macstabby

Shard?
No.
Crystal?
also no.
All it does, is remove the shield to allow you to engage her.

If someone kills you, it's entirely possible for them to reset the tag, thanks to the newish change in mechanics which now enables people to "kill steal".
A mob tagged to you, no longer stays tagged to you if you die.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Bind on account.

Shard?
No.
Crystal?
also no.
All it does, is remove the shield to allow you to engage her.

If someone kills you, it's entirely possible for them to reset the tag, thanks to the newish change in mechanics which now enables people to "kill steal".
A mob tagged to you, no longer stays tagged to you if you die.

I started a war over a Pandaria rare after I misclicked a flagged Paladin who was trying to get me to do just that. I called in a bunch of my friends and he called in a bunch of his...

It was a mess of a 5v5 over a Pandaria rare.

In the end we killed it and it dropped nothing good :c

Edit: There were probably more than ten. But y'know. Being on the safe side of my assumptions and all.
Edited by Såucy on 12/26/2012 6:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]